Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My dislike of Arsenal fans come from them crying feeling like they're such a tortured fanbase, all those Champions League games must've been so tough. But mostly it's because I watched the 2-1 at the Emirates from our 5th place season in a bar with mostly Arsenal fans and they were all drinking fucking Miller Lite. Have some respect for yourself.

I don't think all Arsenal fans are c***s at all, certainly sounder than Chelsea fans on the whole and probably sounder than Spurs ones too.

Well yes - it's retarded to generalise - once you get out the ground - and perhaps in a non football context you could enjoy discourse with 75% of them.

You're deliberately trivialising my point, I'm saying there are more decent Arsenal fans than there are of most/all of the other top clubs.

And that banner you posted means nothing.  NUFC fans would have hounded Wenger out in the same circumstances, are we cunts?  They've went through a period of failure relative to their 10 years previous and a lot of that seemed to be due to Wenger's stubbornness.  Obviously a brilliant manager regardless.

Guest firetotheworks

I hate Geordies. They're all delusional and think they should win the league every season.

Come on, there's a lesson to be learned.

In my opinion I don't give a shit what others fans think our perception of them we have. From what I have seen the majority of other clubs fans go along with the 'stupid Geordie's are deluded to think they are the best team in the world. Will love anyone who manages their club "King whoever", will love the number 9 as the worlds greatest striker. Would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0' typical media bullshit.

I think the vast majority of Man Utd fans are plastic wankers, I think Liverpool fans have the same level of delusion as Phil Thompson. I think Arsenal fans feel they are harshly hard done by and deserve every decision to go their way and deserve success. I think the majority of Boro fans are violent thugs (going by encounters with them). I think Chelsea fans are becoming plastic like Man Utd, and Man City in time will go the same way (thought I think both clubs still have a true loyal following).

Apart from that I don't have any generally feeling about other clubs fans, I don't even think Sunderland fans are brainless idiots as RTG members would imply otherwise.

You've got a real victim complex in everything you post, it's a similar thing with Phil K.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I don't think all Arsenal fans are c***s at all, certainly sounder than Chelsea fans on the whole and probably sounder than Spurs ones too.

Well yes - it's retarded to generalise - once you get out the ground - and perhaps in a non football context you could enjoy discourse with 75% of them.

You're deliberately trivialising my point, I'm saying there are more decent Arsenal fans than there are of most/all of the other top clubs.

And that banner you posted means nothing.  NUFC fans would have hounded Wenger out in the same circumstances, are we c***s?  They've went through a period of failure relative to their 10 years previous and a lot of that seemed to be due to Wenger's stubbornness.  Obviously a brilliant manager regardless.

I'm really not - it's too late for that.

To drag it back down to earth - the Arsenal fans I've come face to face with in football stadiums - I hate. That is all.

And that banner you posted means nothing.  NUFC fans would have hounded Wenger out in the same circumstances, are we c***s?  They've went through a period of failure relative to their 10 years previous and a lot of that seemed to be due to Wenger's stubbornness.  Obviously a brilliant manager regardless.

To drag it back down to earth - the Arsenal fans I've come face to face with in football stadiums - I hate. That is all.

Not sure what the bit in bold means, you're probably being a dick if usual form is anything to go by.

I've lived in London for 5 years and have met countless Arsenal fans at various workplaces and they're generally knowledgeable, fairly down-to-earth football supporters compared to the Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd fans you meet.

And you hate them from your encounters with them face-to-face in football stadiums, OK. :lol: I couldn't possibly comment because I don't go to football stadiums or anything.

In my opinion I don't give a shit what others fans think our perception of them we have. From what I have seen the majority of other clubs fans go along with the 'stupid Geordie's are deluded to think they are the best team in the world. Will love anyone who manages their club "King whoever", will love the number 9 as the worlds greatest striker. Would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0' typical media bullshit.

I think the vast majority of Man Utd fans are plastic wankers, I think Liverpool fans have the same level of delusion as Phil Thompson. I think Arsenal fans feel they are harshly hard done by and deserve every decision to go their way and deserve success. I think the majority of Boro fans are violent thugs (going by encounters with them). I think Chelsea fans are becoming plastic like Man Utd, and Man City in time will go the same way (thought I think both clubs still have a true loyal following).

Apart from that I don't have any generally feeling about other clubs fans, I don't even think Sunderland fans are brainless idiots as RTG members would imply otherwise.

You've got a real victim complex in everything you post, it's a similar thing with Phil K.

Not really. I'm just going by other fans I have met and what other fans write about us on forums etc.

Like I said mostly I don't have any ill feelings towards other fans of other clubs, all the ones I have expressed are ones that the majority of people would agree with.

I just generally don't give shit about what other fans think of us and what they think we think of them because what they think is different to what is true and they are never going to realise that. It's better to just not give a shit.

Not sure what the bit in bold means, you're probably being a dick if usual form is anything to go by.

I've lived in London for 5 years and have met countless Arsenal fans at various workplaces and they're generally knowledgeable, fairly down-to-earth football supporters compared to the Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd fans you meet.

And you hate them from your encounters with them face-to-face in football stadiums, OK. :lol: I couldn't possibly comment because I don't go to football stadiums or anything.

I've generally found Arsenal fans to be a good set of fans, I think the way some of them went on earlier this season about Wenger was nuts though.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Too late as in it's nearly 3 in the morning. I wasn't even taking the piss.

But nice one - you've acted an utter a prick. Is that your...usual form?

Not really. I'm just going by other fans I have met and what other fans write about us on forums etc.

Like I said mostly I don't have any ill feelings towards other fans of other clubs, all the ones I have expressed are ones that the majority of people would agree with.

I just generally don't give shit about what other fans think of us and what they think we think of them because what they think is different to what is true and they are never going to realise that. It's better to just not give a shit.

Clearly.

Again to go back to my experience of working in central London - I know Palace fans, I know Arsenal fans, I know Norwich fans, I know fans of whatever club you'd care to mention and I don't think it's all due to the fact that I get on well with people that they generally have nowt but good things to say about us as a fanbase and a football club.  People like yourself get sucked in by the London media you're always slagging off, most real football people down here know what the craic is.

Too late as in it's nearly 3 in the morning. I wasn't even taking the piss.

But nice one - you've acted an utter a prick. Is that your...usual form?

:lol: An utter prick.  Settle down, precious.

Clearly.

Again to go back to my experience of working in central London - I know Palace fans, I know Arsenal fans, I know Norwich fans, I know fans of whatever club you'd care to mention and I don't think it's all due to the fact that I get on well with people that they generally have nowt but good things to say about us as a fanbase and a football club.  People like yourself get sucked in by the London media you're always slagging off, most real football people down here know what the craic is.

I've worked away from home 3 times in 3 different places in 2 different countries and have never heard a bad comment about our fans other than the club don't deserve us and we're thick for following it.

Clearly.

I've worked away from home 3 times in 3 different places in 2 different countries and have never heard a bad comment about our fans other than the club don't deserve us and we're thick for following it.

100%.  You hear the odd daft comment like "you think you should be winning the league" or whatever then you talk to them for 30 seconds and you realise that they don't even know anything about football.  On the whole, it's admiration for us as a football club and they're always interested in what's happening.

100%.  You hear the odd daft comment like "you think you should be winning the league" or whatever then you talk to them for 30 seconds and you realise that they don't even know anything about football.  On the whole, it's admiration for us as a football club and they're always interested in what's happening.

The bit in bold seems to be a new thing which has come about because of the sky habit of finding morons who would actually say it, probably without actually thinking we were going to.

I found that people were amazed that we would keep going back to watch us, regardless of the results and I've had fans of other clubs come to our games with me and become Newcastle fans.  When I lived in the midlands I took a full car to every game and only me and my brother were originally Newcastle fans.  The others became fans because they loved the day out and they loved the match because of the fans.

I met some Barnsley fans on holiday and stopped with them when we played them away.  They came in our end and have been Newcastle fans ever since and love the club, again because of the day out rather than the football.

The bit in bold seems to be a new thing which has come about because of the sky habit of finding morons who would actually say it, probably without actually thinking we were going to.

I found that people were amazed that we would keep going back to watch us, regardless of the results and I've had fans of other clubs come to our games with me and become Newcastle fans.  When I lived in the midlands I took a full car to every game and only me and my brother were originally Newcastle fans.  The others became fans because they loved the day out and they loved the match because of the fans.

I met some Barnsley fans on holiday and stopped with them when we played them away.  They came in our end and have been Newcastle fans ever since and love the club, again because of the day out rather than the football.

:thup:

I think you're right with your first comment and that's why it's always the really fairweather football fans that come out with stuff like that, because they base any comments they make on cliches in the media and their interest in football doesn't run very deep.  The people you meet that actually go to matches now and then have never said owt like that to me and never would, they respect what you say about Newcastle and take that on board more than what they read/hear on telly.

How did this thread go from Moyes to fan discussion. :lol:

Back on track...hope Moyes gets a couple of wins under his belt. Can't afford having him sacked too early. Needs at least a couple of more transfer windows to complete the Moyesification of United.

That Smalling-Rooney sub...He did those kind of subs a lot at Everton and they ended up conceding anyways. Looks like he hasn't learnt.

He won't get sacked in the next 2, 3 years unless it's something disastrous like no CL qualification or trophies for those years.

They will give him ample time to stamp his mark even if the fans want his blood.

They will have to give him time. Whoever took over from Ferguson was gonna be in for a helluva job, given it meant a whole new change in culture after a quarter of a century.

I agree - Man U had a bad experience back in the 70s when they had to replace Busby...they plumped for O'Farrell from Leicester and then fired him after only a short time ; they had a run of moderate managers and NO League Championships until Fergie was appointed in 1986 so I expect they will at least give Moyes a season - possibly two - to get things right which, for them, means challenging for the PL.

Already, this looks a tough ask this season with Arsenal especially looking consistent but Man U have been spoiled for the last 20 years - they will now find it tougher to dominate other clubs and although Moyes was as good a choice as they could get in the circumstances, Fergie will be a tough act to follow, just as Busby was in the 70s. Leeds were never the same club after Revie left and the same applies to Derby and Notts Forest after Clough.....

A top manager can bring you years of success but is very difficult to replace - as we know even though we never got the silverware to go with the football we played.