Sir Alex Ferguson

Smal
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That's never, ever going to happen Wullie.

Stability was such a major issue when appointing a new manager. It's why Guardiola and Mourinho were overlooked. They're obviously much better managers than Moyes but what's the point in following Sir Alex with somebody who's going to leave in two or three years? Moyes is a very good manager who will still improve and should be successful will probably spend the rest of his career with us.

Absolutely kidding yourself. The chance of David Moyes winning a Premier League title is zero. Maybe he will keep his job - but Man United won't ever win anything under him. Here's hoping.

The days of managers staying in a job for decades are long gone. Wenger will be the last in the Premiership, it'll be a long time before anybody is in a job as long as he and nobody will even get close to Ferguson. Not even Pardew.

That's never, ever going to happen Wullie.

Stability was such a major issue when appointing a new manager. It's why Guardiola and Mourinho were overlooked. They're obviously much better managers than Moyes but what's the point in following Sir Alex with somebody who's going to leave in two or three years? Moyes is a very good manager who will still improve and should be successful will probably spend the rest of his career with us.

Because that's what every other club in the world does. You aim for success and hope stability comes with it.

Thoroughly laughable this s*** Froggy peddles about "stability" at Man United. "You" had stability because you had the best manager in the world who had no desire to leave, not because it was some clever decision from the club not to give him the bullet after Premier League title number X.

I hope Moyes does spend the rest of his career at Old Trafford because if he does, you won't bother with the club anymore as the only selling point (of being able to gloat at people who support teams they were born into) will be gone and we'll all be much better off.

It isn't going to happen, it won't be allowed for Man Utd to simply become a mid table club going without Europe. I'd love it to be, but it's never going to happen.

If it does then it will change everything about football.

Remember all those lads from school who's grandas were from Manchester?

Whenever you ask someone like that if they've been to Old Trafford, they always respond with such disgusted expressions - "err yes of course I have" and it's always a Champions League dead rubber about ten years ago that their mam took them to because they were too scared to go and watch a team that might lose a game. I've been three times and I fucking hate the bastards.

Sad fucking cowardly wankers.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye - they just happen to support the best team in the country. Funny that.

The buggers never went anywhere near football matches and sadly - these days - you'll see them creeping around St.James' Park....

Froggy's reason is one of the best I've heard like: "I really liked 'red' one day and it just happened that Man United were on TV that day - it could just have easily been Leyton Orient"  :lol:

Bit harsh taking cheap shots at Froggy, like. It's the Man U fans from elsewhere in England that I can't stand. Anyway, carry on. Ideally Arsenal or Spurs win the league but I'd far rather Man U did it than totally plastic clubs like City or that pretentious Portuguese cunt.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If Newcastle aren't going to win it - ;) I'd like to see Arsenal win it.

Their fans are cunts to a man but Wenger has always played nice football. He's always been watchable.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He is and it pains me - it hurts my soul - to hear the way those cunts talk about him because he's like Van Gogh to a canvas when it comes to football, he might hoy a couple of canvases away but there's a masterpiece there if you look close enough - for every one.

Not to say he doesn't make mistakes but how many clubs would kill for a man like him?

If Newcastle aren't going to win it - ;) I'd like to see Arsenal win it.

Their fans are cunts to a man but Wenger has always played nice football. He's always been watchable.

About 8-10 years ago I didn't mind Arsenal, they were the team I didn't mind seeing win things if it wasn't going to be Newcastle.

Lately though I can't stand them, Wenger's attitude of them being able to do no wrong has streamed down to their fans. Now their fans think they are the hardest done fans because they have went something like 7 years without a trophy. They have a stadium (though I do think it's still a bit of generic bowl) that supporters of other clubs wish they could have, yet they I still haven't heard any sort of atmosphere from them. The fucking screaming bitch who you can always here when they score, seriously when they changed stadiums who the fucking hell thought it would be a good idea to place here near a microphone again? Over the last few years their diving has became worse, and they have fallen into 'referee favourites' club.

I don't hate them like I do Liverpool, or hate their fans like I hate Man Utd's plastic fans, nor envy them like I envy Man City's, and even Chelsea's money, but there just seems to be something about them has made me lost the "If I can admire a team that isn't NUFC then it's them' feeling.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Oh don't get me wrong - as stated before - Arsenal fans are cunts to a man make no mistake - and they could never create an atmosphere - hence ''Highbury Library'' it's always been the case.

However I would like Wenger's style and approach to be vindicated.

Froggy's reason is one of the best I've heard like: "I really liked 'red' one day and it just happened that Man United were on TV that day - it could just have easily been Leyton Orient"  :lol:

It's not like I said it was a good reason to follow a club. It's just how it happened. I was only a child and she bought me a kit and it stuck. I'm not going to sit here and lie to you and come up with some bullshit reason how I started following the club, just to justify supporting Manchester United.

For some people it's just unacceptable to support a team from somewhere when you're not from there. Like you genuinely think that if stop being successful I'll stop following the club. :lol: Do you legitimately know fans who would do that? A lot of you tar everybody with the same brush because of some idiot in Japan who only knows who Kagawa is.

As a point of interest, would it actually change your mind on a Manchester United fan if we won nothing for ten years and they still supported the club? Or are they still glory hunters in that case?

Oh don't get me wrong - as stated before - Arsenal fans are c***s to a man make no mistake - and they could never create an atmosphere - hence ''Highbury Library'' it's always been the case.

How many Arsenal fans do you know personally? not just some random internet twats.

I know over a dozen and they are nothing like you describe.... its unfair to tarnish all their fans with the same brush.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Oh don't get me wrong - as stated before - Arsenal fans are c***s to a man make no mistake - and they could never create an atmosphere - hence ''Highbury Library'' it's always been the case.

How many Arsenal fans do you know personally? not just some random internet t***s.

I know over a dozen and they are nothing like you describe.... its unfair to tarnish all their fans with the same brush.

Personally? Less than ten but most of them are from Africa and don't go to games but they are lovely lads & the other lad is from Northern Ireland and he gets to a few but also supports Rangers - enough said.

In the context of a football stadium - utter cunts.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/28/article-2269223-17340631000005DC-820_634x404.jpg

It's not like I said it was a good reason to follow a club. It's just how it happened. I was only a child and she bought me a kit and it stuck. I'm not going to sit here and lie to you and come up with some bullshit reason how I started following the club, just to justify supporting Manchester United.

For some people it's just unacceptable to support a team from somewhere when you're not from there. Like you genuinely think that if stop being successful I'll stop following the club. :lol: Do you legitimately know fans who would do that? A lot of you tar everybody with the same brush because of some idiot in Japan who only knows who Kagawa is.

As a point of interest, would it actually change your mind on a Manchester United fan if we won nothing for ten years and they still supported the club? Or are they still glory hunters in that case?

It would in my case simply because I can see a lot of fans turning their backs on Man Utd. Sure there are fans out there who wouldn't bail but the reason that they started supporting them because they were successful at a time football was becoming fashionable is the reasons why they started supporting the club.

It's no coincidence that over the last few years both Chelsea and Man City fans have became more common, the same reasons why Man Utd became popular.

5 years ago the only time I saw a Man City shirt was either on TV or when I went to a match at SJP and we were playing them. Now I see more Man City shirts and if I go to Sports Direct there is a small section of their shirts when a few years ago you wouldn't be able to get one at all. It was the same when I first started high school, I'de never seen an actual Chelsea shirt or heard of a Chelsea fan for the first couple of years, then when Jose came on the scene and they started winning things they became more common.

If either club went 10 years winning nothing then you would guarantee these fans would no longer exist.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I don't think all Arsenal fans are c***s at all, certainly sounder than Chelsea fans on the whole and probably sounder than Spurs ones too.

Well yes - it's retarded to generalise - once you get out the ground - and perhaps in a non football context you could enjoy discourse with 75% of them.

The town I lived in for years in hertfordshire was 50/50 Arsenal and Spurs and the Arsenal lads were always sound but the Spurs lot were a bunch of cunts.  Most fickle fans in the premiership, easily.  Found the same when I was living in london too.  Arsenal fans >>> Spuds imo.

In my opinion I don't give a shit what others fans think our perception of them we have. From what I have seen the majority of other clubs fans go along with the 'stupid Geordie's are deluded to think they are the best team in the world. Will love anyone who manages their club "King whoever", will love the number 9 as the worlds greatest striker. Would rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0' typical media bullshit.

I think the vast majority of Man Utd fans are plastic wankers, I think Liverpool fans have the same level of delusion as Phil Thompson. I think Arsenal fans feel they are harshly hard done by and deserve every decision to go their way and deserve success. I think the majority of Boro fans are violent thugs (going by encounters with them). I think Chelsea fans are becoming plastic like Man Utd, and Man City in time will go the same way (thought I think both clubs still have a true loyal following).

Apart from that I don't have any generally feeling about other clubs fans, I don't even think Sunderland fans are brainless idiots as RTG members would imply otherwise.