Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I enjoyed this, from some guy on a Villa board. Note the implied predicted position for Newcastle too -

1st = Chelsea; Who is going to beat them? Bayern threw the kitchen sink(and Neuer) at a 10 man Chelsea and still struggled to break them down. Only a scrambled goal at the death of the game saved Bayern's blushes. Yes we gave them a game but then Villa are probably the best attacking team in the Prem away from home.

2nd = Man City;

3rd = Arsenal; Brilliant signing of Ozil to add to the German spine of Podolski and Mertesacker. He will bring goals and creativity that will pip Man United into 3rd place and an automatic CL place.

4th = United;

Gap----------

5th = Liverpool; I think Liverpool will finish 5th this season after a gap between them and 4th place.

6th = Villa; The display against Arsenal and Chelsea was not a fluke, Villa are a top side again now. The Liverpool game was slack because the players were tired after the recent Chelsea game but even so, they still gave Liverpool the run around in the 2nd half.. Benteke , Gabby and Weimann leading the line is the best attack in the Prem. Benteke to win the golden boot is another top tip. This is a very strong squad with plenty of depth. Okore and Delph to hit the headlines this season and will be at the same level as the attackers. Westwood, Lowton and Sylla will also impress again as the season progresses.

7th = Spurs; Spurs are weak up top with just 3 ageing strikers that will struggle as the season gets into full swing. Adebayor who is just there for the money. Defoe who is finished and Soldado who will be knackered come Xmas. The midfield has been ripped apart and they will miss Parker, Dempsey and Bale = Premiership king pins last season. They lack depth in defence with hardly no decent cover, shocking move getting rid of Caulker. With the domestic cups and the Europa to contend with, I think all this will take it's toll on this thin squad and will lose their top 6 status to Aston Villa.. All in all, a great first XI but nothing in the tank after that!

8th onwards; = take your pick from Everton, Swansea, West Ham, Southampton, Fulham.

To go down; = Crystal Palace, Hull and Sunderland.

He then followed up with a couple of gems, including a discussion of the new Spurs midfielders (Eriksen, Paulinho, Capoue, Lamela etc etc):

Your [sic] just looking at names on paper buddy, rather than how the players perform..Yes I would take the broken in Villa midfield any day, over the "names" that you mention.

Westwood, Sylla and Delph = done it, wore the T-Shirt, been in the sh1t and got out of it...Why do u think Delph is flying now? Why did Sylla look good when he came on v Rotherham? These guys are now established Villa players, that are all ready for the season ahead.

More on Lamela:

What makes him stand out? His stats are no better than Gabby's or Weimann's

Barca's 94 dream team would arguably be an even better shout:

Guardiola

Laudrup

Stoichkov

Koeman

Sergi

Bakero

Sacristian

Oscar Junyent

all went into it full time, plus

Romario, Nadal, Ferrer had brief 1 season spells and also Begiristain has had those DoF roles

Zubizarreta was also DoF at Athletic and now Barça. Estebaranz had also a short spell as Leganés manager (IIRC).

I enjoyed this, from some guy on a Villa board. Note the implied predicted position for Newcastle too -

6th = Villa; The display against Arsenal and Chelsea was not a fluke, Villa are a top side again now. The Liverpool game was slack because the players were tired after the recent Chelsea game but even so, they still gave Liverpool the run around in the 2nd half.. Benteke , Gabby and Weimann leading the line is the best attack in the Prem. Benteke to win the golden boot is another top tip. This is a very strong squad with plenty of depth. Okore and Delph to hit the headlines this season and will be at the same level as the attackers. Westwood, Lowton and Sylla will also impress again as the season progresses.

Bold, even without his recent injury.

Currently 50th:

http://eurorivals.net/top-scorers.html

Felipao will love this; we've formally asked FIFA to authorize Diego Costa to play for Spain.

Since I suppose we aren't doing this without the consent of the player, I suppose this means Costa will be added to our long list of Brazilians that played for Spain (Catanha, Donato, Senna).

Truth be said he's exactly what we need to solidify our striking options going into the future. Even if I don't really feel comfortable with this kind of thing.

Felipao will love this; we've formally asked FIFA to authorize Diego Costa to play for Spain.

Since I suppose we aren't doing this without the consent of the player, I suppose this means Costa will be added to our long list of Brazilians that played for Spain (Catanha, Donato, Senna).

Truth be said he's exactly what we need to solidify our striking options going into the future. Even if I don't really feel comfortable with this kind of thing.

Literally asked about this last night saying he could probably lay a very decent claim to lead the line for Brazil next summer.

Watched the above video then started reading your post and started thinking, 'but it's only on a game, not like he would play for Spain in real life' then i clicked on it when you mentioned FIFA you actaully meant the governing body and not the makers of FIFA itself, doh  :lol: