Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

CF9RD_7WIAAGX_G.jpg:large

Brilliant photo

Any idea how to get this into a desktop wallpaper? Laptop's playing funny buggers and not having it. I'm also a technical moron sometimes.

Can you not save the photo then do it through display settings on your laptop?

http://jobsearch.trinitymirror.com/jobs/job/Newcastle-United-FC-Writer/4829

Would imagine it's Neil Cameron's replacement. If only it were Lee Ryder...

Ryder should be sacked for the mere fact he can't even meet the description for a job he currently holds.

"The job involves delivering masses of high quality, well-researched, accurate and brilliantly-written football packages on a daily basis to agreed deadlines as directed by the NUFC Editor, to whom you’ll report."

Absolutely robbing for a living. You are a cunt Lee.

Dat wage bill saving. I like Ramsey, hope he does well in the championship and brings them back up. No love for QPR, but he's done well picking up the shambles left by Saggy.

I wouldn't say he's done well

Random guess, he goes to Sunderland with Big Sam.

No way will he go to Sunderland, no way would Sunderland have him after the grief he has given them.

My random guess would be Hull.

I am starting to think I prefer it when we're in normal "don't bother trying" mode.

Fucking excited. Fucking worried. Fucking fucking fuck.

A late 40s man reduced to a fucking 10 year old like that *clicks fingers*

Shit, this must be what it is like all the time to watch actual ambitious, successful clubs.

And BTW football, i fucking hate you for watching me fork out for a season ticket of year after year of fucking dross (even under O'Neill it was horrible at home), and getting nowhere near the cup, only to fuck me squarely in the face when we reach the final.

Guest firetotheworks

He sounds like a "I don't care about football and I want to make a point of it" sort of person, where they clearly care, it's just that they care enough to hate it.

They're getting Luongo from Swindon, who apparently is quite good.

He is. We were amazed that we sold him rather than loaned him, although there is a rumour that we have a buy-back clause of sorts.

Leffe, what's your appraisal of Pochettino? I was talking with an Espanyol fan yesterday and he believes he's done great. I think Kane's explosion has masked a rather indifferent season though.

I'm hoping that it's too early to tell.

Conditioning and fitness have clearly improved - we have one of the best injury records in the division for the first time I can remember. He has shown some faith in youth - we have comfortably the youngest first team in the Premier League. The one might well have led to the other. In certain games, we have looked terrific: the home games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton were excellent. We simply outplayed Arsenal, and took Chelsea apart. You could argue that the emergence of Kane baled (arf) him out, but Poch did coach Kane, picked him (eventually), and built the team around him.

There are just too many issues to ignore, however. He persisted with several players who were clearly out of form/ability/position/energy. He saw what worked so well tactically against Arsenal, and ditched it (and Dembele along with it). We were poor for long periods - not all that surprising given the number of young players. Substitutions were mixed, at best. We let in loads of goals, and I think much of this is down to issues in front of the defense. IIRC, he had similar problems at Southampton.

Ultimately, he finished 5th. Our spend is 6th, therefore you could argue we're slightly above par, and this was his first season with somebody else's squad. We spent pretty much nothing in the Summer, and pretty much nothing in January, so we have plenty of money available and plenty of dead wood to clear out. Next year will be the test. On face value, he has been fairly successful, but some of the specific decisions he has made have been unfathomable. That's our major concern.