Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

Gavin Peacock was my first favourite Newcastle player too, I don't even remember if he was really that good. Vaguely remember him scoring a class scissor kick.

Gavin Peacock was my first favourite Newcastle player too, I don't even remember if he was really that good. Vaguely remember him scoring a class scissor kick.

He was very good for us and played a big part in us stopping up and going up! He scored some delightful goals too - my favourite at home to Swindon (chest, knee, lob from the edge of the box!) on the day when Keegan walked and used the brochure quote!

Guest antz1uk

Peacock was an excellent player, bit like an earlier version of rob lee if irc, he only left because his bairn was ill  and they wanted to be nearer to family back in London.

Guest Howaythetoon

Peacock was excellent in KK's side, but was an everage PL player. It howed you how brave KK was by ditching our two best players in Peacock and Kelly, also our two top goalscorers. Cole and Beardsley though... they were the ultimate upgrade!

Man City and Sunderland both built stadiums too big for their fanbase hence all the cheap and free tickets they dish out.

It's what happens when supply outstrips demand. Suppose it's better than the rows of empty seats you would often see at both stadiums but on the other hand it lessens the value of the season ticket somewhat.

Guest Open_C

I can't think of many things that would give me greater pleasure than Liverpool commencing a long, painful, Newcastle United-esque descent into misery and relegation battles.  Schadenfreude is not anything to be proud of, but please make the wrong appointment :lol: