Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Jenas has announced his retirement from football.

I mean, he didn't really need to say it :lol:

He stopped playing quite young, but feel a bit old having witnessed his entire playing career pass me by (sideways, of course).

You'd think the utter loathing would recede over the years. Turns out it doesn't.

I can't remember how it started with you and him. Was it the sideways passing/his lack of heart, the goldfish bowl comment or did he repeatedly run over your cat?

Jenas wasn't that bad a player tbf (he's far superior to the shit that currently sits in those positions at the minute, for example. He just didn't have an identity, him and Dyer would have worked really well in a midfield 3 but most of the time they were in a 2 and had zero presence or positional identity.

Our U-18 side as we suffered an apparently embarrassing exit from the FA Youth Cup at the hands of Wimbledon.

Team: Woolston, Trodd (Kitchen 62), Adu-Peprah, Donaghey, Pollock, Lowrie, Charman (Gallacher 86), Longstaff, McNall, Heaney, C.Smith.

Subs n/u: Harker, Broccoli, Spooner.

Reading all that made me hungry tbh

Pardew slating Warnock off for saying Austin should join Palace, said Warnock didn't do well at Palace and he's not interested in what Warnock had to say.

And said they had no interest in Austin, and basically said Austin isn't as good as what he has, so why buy him if he's not better than that. Interesting...

CYHxlH4WMAAMrAl.png

ME ME ME

Alan Pardew lost 4 out of 5 FA Cup games as Newcastle United manager. Of the 4 eliminations, 3 were against lower league opposition.

Alan Pardew faced Premier League opposition 8 times in FA Cup and League Cup fixtures as manager of NUFC, winning only 3 times.

In 8 games against the likes of Stevenage, Scunthorpe, Morecambe, Brighton and Hove Albion and Gillingham in the early rounds of the FA Cup and League Cup, Pardew’s Newcastle United only outscored lower league opposition by 2 goals (GS 12 GC 10).

Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United was only the fourth top-flight team since the formation of the Premier League to lose to fourth-tier opposition.

CYHxlH4WMAAMrAl.png

ME ME ME

Alan Pardew lost 4 out of 5 FA Cup games as Newcastle United manager. Of the 4 eliminations, 3 were against lower league opposition.

Alan Pardew faced Premier League opposition 8 times in FA Cup and League Cup fixtures as manager of NUFC, winning only 3 times.

In 8 games against the likes of Stevenage, Scunthorpe, Morecambe, Brighton and Hove Albion and Gillingham in the early rounds of the FA Cup and League Cup, Pardew’s Newcastle United only outscored lower league opposition by 2 goals (GS 12 GC 10).

Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United was only the fourth top-flight team since the formation of the Premier League to lose to fourth-tier opposition.

Some truly horrific stats in there.  Particularly the last one.

Pardew slating Warnock off for saying Austin should join Palace, said Warnock didn't do well at Palace and he's not interested in what Warnock had to say.

And said they had no interest in Austin, and basically said Austin isn't as good as what he has, so why buy him if he's not better than that. Interesting...

:lol: Think Wickham has one goal in the league this season and the rest of their strikers have none. Probably scared if he signed him that they might end up in the Europa league.

Jenas has announced his retirement from football.

I mean, he didn't really need to say it :lol:

He stopped playing quite young, but feel a bit old having witnessed his entire playing career pass me by (sideways, of course).

You'd think the utter loathing would recede over the years. Turns out it doesn't.

I can't remember how it started with you and him. Was it the sideways passing/his lack of heart, the goldfish bowl comment or did he repeatedly run over your cat?

Jenas was a fantastic talent when we bought him. An 18 year old who slotted straight into the central midfield of a top Premier League club, and Champions League club, and didn't just not look out of his depth but looked like he'd been playing there for ten years. He had the composure and athleticism to have been a really top class player.

Bobby bought him so he could improve him further. Unfortunately it turned out Jenas had absolutely fuck all interest in being improved. He was the horrible epitome of the modern young footballer who thinks they've 100% made it as soon as they get their first big pay cheque. He never improved one jot in ten years as a professional, in fact he got worse and worse, because his attitude absolutely stank. By the time he left here, it was like playing with ten men, such was his complete ineffectiveness and where £5m was an absolute snip when we bought him, we ended up robbing Spurs for the little prick. It was no surprise to me whatsoever that he ended up back in the Championship before he was out of his 20s.