Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

He's an example of what I meant by instead of whinging about the foreigners in the Premier League, why don't our young players go abroad and try their luck. I couldn't stand Joe Cole but him going to Lille that season when his career was going stale, changed my opinion of him.

Charlie I'Anson, 20 year old kid born in Luton, signed by Elche from Grimsby Town last summer, made his La Liga debut in a 2-1 win v Espanyol at the weekend. Probably a Giggs but I'd not seen it.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Charlie.jpg

Pretty cool. From the Conference to La Liga in two seasons. :lol:

He's an example of what I meant by instead of whinging about the foreigners in the Premier League, why don't our young players go abroad and try their luck. I couldn't stand Joe Cole but him going to Lille that season when his career was going stale, changed my opinion of him.

lesrosbifs.org

Swansea away (Wed 4th Dec) now televised 7.45 on BT Sport.  Same day as was originally planned.

Man Utd away (Sat 7th Dec) now 12.45 on BT Sport

Arsenal home (Sat 28th Dec) now Sun 29th Dec 1.30 on Sky

8 of our next 9 fixtures now televised. Ridiculous.

:scared:

Greg Dyke - hypocritical pig!

September 2nd;

“Sunderland’s first game of the season against Fulham there were only four players on the pitch at the start of the game who were actually qualified to play for England.

“Mind you in the Newcastle team beaten 4-0 by Manchester City on that same opening weekend it was even worse – there was only one English player in their starting line-up.”

October 9th;

"My view is that we should be looking for talent and then look at what the rules actually say, and then ask if we can actually do this. We live in a world where all sorts of people live in all sorts of places so let’s see if Adnan Januzaj qualifies to play for England."

Guest neesy111

Can anyone think the last time we won a league game while on TV?  I've got Wigan last December.

Wigan at home on 3rd December 2012 is correct.

Fuck's sake. :lol:

It's not a good stat considering our run of TV games coming up.

Greg Dyke - hypocritical pig!

September 2nd;

“Sunderland’s first game of the season against Fulham there were only four players on the pitch at the start of the game who were actually qualified to play for England.

“Mind you in the Newcastle team beaten 4-0 by Manchester City on that same opening weekend it was even worse – there was only one English player in their starting line-up.”

October 9th;

"My view is that we should be looking for talent and then look at what the rules actually say, and then ask if we can actually do this. We live in a world where all sorts of people live in all sorts of places so let’s see if Adnan Januzaj qualifies to play for England."

I don't think there's a significant conflict in what he's saying, like.

Seems strange that he'd highlight our side alone in that City game, though. Given that 3 English players (Dummett's English in spite of his ridiculous father) played for us that day and only 2 for City. Cunt.

Is there a random football thoughts thread?

Just wanted to say that 'Deulofeu' is my favourite name to say. And I don't mean when pronounced: 'doolafoo'. I mean when pronounced: 'day-oo-lo-fay-oo'.

Bosingwa sticking the boot into Redknapp...

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 2m

"Doesn't seem to know what he says. It's confusing.Must be the age or the wine he drinks every morning" #bosingwa #qpr #redknapp

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 5m

"Thinks he's like ferguson, but there is a difference: in his long career, just won a title" #qpr #redknapp #bosingwa

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 6m

"How can he do technical analysis on players if in the practices Redknapp spends time negotiating with agents?" #qpr #bosingwa

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 8m

"If he thought it was a high salary for QPR why he hired two players to receive even more?