Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest Roger Kint

Wimbledon in Feb 94(4-2 game) was probably last one

Great effort :clap:

http://i.imgur.com/U6eTrFk.png

Thought i found a one(on a technicality) til i remembered Gilhespie wasnt English :lol:

Everton away March 1995

Kim Kallstrom consoles a frightened child with autism during Sweden's friendly with Germany last week

http://i.imgur.com/sRTUCTM.jpg

Translation via reddit:

For Max, Tuesday was the result of weeks of training, motivation, watching Youtube clips, acting like a mascot, and so on, writes the father of the eight year old boy in a letter to the boy's new hero , the Swedish soccer star Kim Kallstrom.

Max and ten children with Williams syndrome had the pleasure to be mascots for the Swedish football stars in front of 50 000 spectators during the World Cup qualifying match between Sweden and Germany at Friends Arena on Tuesday of last week.

The disease gives children a happy demeanor but they have problems concentrating and relating to the outside world.

Still, Max fully realized how great it was going to be to be the mascot for your favorite players.

So great was the occasion that Max had trained for several weeks and dared to go out onto the pitch. He was scared and nervous when the moment came, but was out on the field and lined up with national stars.

Thanks to Kim Kallstrom, who sat down and hugged and reassured the boy, 8 year-old Max completed his mascot job.

Max's father said "Because of your actions, Kim, my son was able to experience exactly the same feelings as everyone else: pride, a sense of being special, "I did it" and the joy", writes Max's father Emil in a letter of thanks to Kallstrom.

The letter found its way to social media, and has been shared over 15,000 times on facebook. In addition, there have been almost 90,000 "likes."

The letter explains how important Max's father thought it was for the boy to dare to undertake the mascot job.

Max's father wrote: "I am writing to you because I'm not quite sure if you understand how much of a difference you've made to us. Tuesday saw my son Max do something very special, for other children, it's really about 15 minutes of concentration and nervousness as well as an incredible joy of having been able to meet the national team."

In the comment field on facebook and Swedish online newspapers hailed Kim Kallstrom, Max and his father Emil.

Kim Kallstrom consoles a frightened child with autism during Sweden's friendly with Germany last week

http://i.imgur.com/sRTUCTM.jpg

Translation via reddit:

For Max, Tuesday was the result of weeks of training, motivation, watching Youtube clips, acting like a mascot, and so on, writes the father of the eight year old boy in a letter to the boy's new hero , the Swedish soccer star Kim Kallstrom.

Max and ten children with Williams syndrome had the pleasure to be mascots for the Swedish football stars in front of 50 000 spectators during the World Cup qualifying match between Sweden and Germany at Friends Arena on Tuesday of last week.

The disease gives children a happy demeanor but they have problems concentrating and relating to the outside world.

Still, Max fully realized how great it was going to be to be the mascot for your favorite players.

So great was the occasion that Max had trained for several weeks and dared to go out onto the pitch. He was scared and nervous when the moment came, but was out on the field and lined up with national stars.

Thanks to Kim Kallstrom, who sat down and hugged and reassured the boy, 8 year-old Max completed his mascot job.

Max's father said "Because of your actions, Kim, my son was able to experience exactly the same feelings as everyone else: pride, a sense of being special, "I did it" and the joy", writes Max's father Emil in a letter of thanks to Kallstrom.

The letter found its way to social media, and has been shared over 15,000 times on facebook. In addition, there have been almost 90,000 "likes."

The letter explains how important Max's father thought it was for the boy to dare to undertake the mascot job.

Max's father wrote: "I am writing to you because I'm not quite sure if you understand how much of a difference you've made to us. Tuesday saw my son Max do something very special, for other children, it's really about 15 minutes of concentration and nervousness as well as an incredible joy of having been able to meet the national team."

In the comment field on facebook and Swedish online newspapers hailed Kim Kallstrom, Max and his father Emil.

Wasn't a friendly mate :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

No idea why both Beresford and Elliott were playing, if Sellars was as well. I can't imagine what the formation would have been, even if he'd played in midfield.

Guest firetotheworks

My Dad has told me a few times that circa 93-95, you were only allowed one non-English player in the squad, and ours at the time was Malcolm Allen, who was Welsh. Is anything about that true?

:lol:

That sounds like a typical, pointless, Dad lie.

Guest Roger Kint

My Dad has told me a few times that circa 93-95, you were only allowed one non-English player in the squad, and ours at the time was Malcolm Allen, who was Welsh. Is anything about that true?

Only if you discount the games Allen, Neilson & Pav played. Or Mathie, Papavasiliou, Gilespie etc too :lol:

Only if you discount the games Allen, Neilson & Pav played. Or Mathie, Papavasiliou, Gilespie etc too :lol:

Gillespie of course, just checked and Nielson was indeed Welsh. Great shout there.

Loved those years like as I'd just started going.

Wimbledon in Feb 94(4-2 game) was probably last one

Great effort :clap:

http://i.imgur.com/U6eTrFk.png

A few of us on here were discussing this very game the other day.

Got absolutely battered IIRC.

Guest firetotheworks

Would have to be when Mike Hooper was starting. Easter 1995 perhaps.

Marc Hottiger ruins this. c***.

Same with Jose in 2010.