Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Jealous.

Surely that depends on who he sells to?

I hope Mike Ashley sells us to get the cash to buy you. No offence. :)

Ha ha, no worries.

One thing I do trust Lerner about is that he'd make sure he didn't flog to mentalists. Which is something which, much to his credit, Doug Ellis did. Ellis was approached by Gillette and Hicks before Randy came in, but sent them packing as he'd sussed them out.

I think Lerner will have the same approach.

I just hope that it really is true that a deal is done or almost done, because after four years of being spoon fed warm vomit week after week, a summer of shitness and uncertainty means almost certain relegation.

I can see Villa with new owners being top 10 next year, Sunderland with Poyet challenging for the top 10 and I think West Ham could be better so I wonder what Ashley's target will be next year because I reckon we will struggle to get top 14 just because of the improvement to other teams and there will be others that will improve (although

maybe Southampton will free up a space if they end up selling several of their squad).

"I owe it to Villa to move on, and look for fresh, invigorated leadership, if in my heart I feel I can no longer do the job," he said in a statement.

Jesus, what's that like?!

He has cut spending way, way too quickly for my liking, and made some truly awful decisions (I mean, he actually thought that taking Alex McLeish from Birmingham just after they'd been relegated playing awful football and appointing him to our job would actually *work* FFS), but there is absolutely no doubt he is a good bloke at heart.

I do not think for one nanosecond he'd sell us to wankers.

If they find a buyer then surely this puts to bed the utter bollocks of "no one out there can buy us". Total shit.

It'll be more Americans.

He's good at selling sports, err, "franchises".

He flogged the Cleveland Browns for nigh-on a billion dollars last year.

He sounds like a f***ing saint Brummie.

Bizarrely, I have actually met him and chatted to him at length. He's a really, really nice guy, which has actually been seen as a failing at times.

I can see Villa with new owners being top 10 next year, Sunderland with Poyet challenging for the top 10 and I think West Ham could be better so I wonder what Ashley's target will be next year because I reckon we will struggle to get top 14 just because of the improvement to other teams and there will be others that will improve (although

maybe Southampton will free up a space if they end up selling several of their squad).

The main trouble Sunderland have is that their squad really isn't very good, and will no doubt change dramatically in the post-season (contracts up, loanees leaving etc). Villa's squad isn't very good, but it's better, and for the most part it's theirs. If they don't get a new manager in then they have problems, but if they do get one in then there will be bedding-in issues. I don't see either of them doing well this coming season.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/bootroom/id/876?cc=5739

The Alanis Morissette Award

Oh, Steven Gerrard. Not since poor, tragic Jack Dawson boarded the Titanic while loudly describing himself as the luckiest man in the world has dramatic irony been laid on so thick. "This doesn't slip now," Gerrard shouted at his teammates. And then, two weeks later, he slipped. He literally slipped, Chelsea scored, and suddenly the title was out of Liverpool's hands.

If you wrote that into the script of a movie, no one would fund it. Writing something like that would be like having Gerrard say, "We don't lose sight of this now," and then making him temporarily blind in the third act. It’s ridiculous. And yet it happened. And that, right there, is why football is so amazing.

It's still so delicious.

@premierleague: TOP 5 PASSES COMPLETED:

1 Y Toure 2255,

2 M Arteta 1982,

3 S Gerrard 1908,

4 G Barry 1870,

5 C Tiote 1824 http://t.co/gR0SdqvbV5

That just shows how bad we are

Or that perhaps tiote is not the dog s*** footballer he's made out to be on here? Perhaps?

And where did I say he was a dog s*** footballer? I might be mental but I don't think a defensive midfielder with no creativity should be our main creative outlet. Perhaps?

1 Y Toure 2255,

2 M Arteta 1982,

3 S Gerrard 1908,

4 G Barry 1870,

Or that perhaps tiote is not the dog s*** footballer he's made out to be on here? Perhaps?

And where did I say he was a dog s*** footballer? I might be mental but I don't think a defensive midfielder with no creativity should be our main creative outlet. Perhaps?

Nah not you man :thup: just like he gets a lot of stick on here

The majority of the lads on here, including myself, have their NUFC/footballing roots in a 90s side in which pure defensive midfielders had no place. It's no surprise that the reaction to such a player is going to be lukewarm at best. Compound that with the fact we look defensively solid and solid in midfield about three times a season and you're going to get a player that most regard as being pretty ineffective.

1 Y Toure 2255,

2 M Arteta 1982,

3 S Gerrard 1908,

4 G Barry 1870,

Nah not you man :thup: just like he gets a lot of stick on here

The majority of the lads on here, including myself, have their NUFC/footballing roots in a 90s side in which pure defensive midfielders had no place. It's no surprise that the reaction to such a player is going to be lukewarm at best. Compound that with the fact we look defensively solid and solid in midfield about three times a season and you're going to get a player that most regard as being pretty ineffective.

Ronaldo has this right.  In theory Tiote should give us some extra defensive strength whilst neutering our attacking play and depriving us of another creative outlet.  He seems to achieve the latter without managing the former.

Rodgers won LMA Manager of the Year while Pulis joins industrious managers Pardew and three-times winner Kinnear for the Premier League Manager of the Year award.

Rodgers won LMA Manager of the Year while Pulis joins industrious managers Pardew and three-times winner Kinnear for the Premier League Manager of the Year award.

Think you've got them mixed up. Kinnear won the LMA award.