Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Is the thinking that if Ashley were to sell then he would expect the money "owed" to him PLUS his initial stake, so as to break even? Because, if so, then it's a reasonable valuation because that would be the minimum price for which Ashley would sell?

No. Unless you think that Manchester United are in debt to their owners to the tune of £1bn+ :lol:

Edit: And thats not taking into account the laughable notion that he would get that if he sold it.

Isn't the case of Manyoo different though? Their debt is the leverage used by the Glaziers to acquire the club i.e. they borrowed the cash to buy the club and then saddled the club with the debt. So purchase price plus debt doesn't work because the debt is the purchase price?

In Ashley's case he paid cash for the club and then loaned it further cash. Therefore it is more reasonable to value the club that way?

You're right in saying it's ludicrous to suggest that Ashley would get anything like that amount of cash if he sold the club. And I'm certainly not suggesting that Ashley is a good guy for paying cash - quite the opposite in fact, because Deloitte's debt figure suggests some sort of "in case of sale debt becomes payable" scenario that got him into trouble in the first place.

Yeah our case is completely different. The Glazers used loans to buy us and then moved the loan debt and some debt from their American franchises to Manchester United. Our club is basically paying off their debt, and very quickly. It was a shrewd business move from the Glazers, and it is working well for them. If things keep going the way they are our debt will be gone within 8 years, which is crazy considering we were in debt just under £700m in 2005.

Regardless of the how, why and what that debt is on the club. If Ashley's cash purchase of us counts as debt then your full debt must be included. I assume it features on the accounts therefore its already more relevant than our debt :lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/exclusive-mike-ashley-ready-to-sell-newcastle--for-267m-8673777.html

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley will only leave the club if he recoups all of the money he has spent since his take-over six years ago... I understand that Ashley is willing to sell Newcastle but he wants his expenditure covered in full, meaning it will take around a quarter of a billion pounds for the club to change ownership.

:whistle:

FFS Rich, you? Really? :lol: You expect it of some posters.

It's nothing personal man, I just like to appreciate Inochi's greatest hits with gifs of some of the best Stone Cold Stunners throughout the years.