Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

The nostalgia in this thread :lol:

I'd completely forgotten the "play on" rule when you were keeper and couldn't be fucked to go after the ball. You'd always end up with a pair of scrotes miles away trying to meg each other.

The nostalgia in this thread :lol:

I'd completely forgotten the "play on" rule when you were keeper and couldn't be fucked to go after the ball. You'd always end up with a pair of scrotes miles away trying to meg each other.

Yes! When football became like ice hockey :lol:

Thinking back, i've no idea why we gave pens all around if someone handballed it

Guest Craig-NUFC

Used to use bottle caps in Primary school cause we weren't allowed a ball in the playground and bottles were deemed dangerous. One of the dinner ladies would bring in milk bottle caps for us, aka the ultimate cap. Power and swerve you could get on those things was ludicrous.

We had to use sponge footballs in the playground at primary school.

Class on wet days when they used to be full of water, having taken up a bit of dirt, grit and the odd small stone and you took it square in the dial. Also got to the point where it'd disintegrate into something barely even spherical but would still get kicked about.

At middle school we had to use a tennis ball on the yard.

Worst was always when you'd be playing on the yard in the summer because you weren't allowed on the field but they had the tennis nets up.

In Primary school you couldn't use a football in the top playground (small). We used to donate a sock each and roll them into a ball. I tell my wife that and she thinks we must have been living in some sort of slum (or that I'm making it up).

Startlingly they missed out 'don't sit on it, you'll egg it!' and 'no mooching/no blasties'

Aye, was waiting for "Nee blasties" reading the article. The administration regarding what constitutes a "blasty" was very simple. The lad who was a bit better than everyone else (had either played for or had a trial for 'Newcastle Boys') had absolute discretion, mainly due to the unspoken respect for his expertise at the game. Ever other week that lad is playing on proper pitches with goals and lines and referees and stuff, why how could he be capable of cheating?!? In the absence of such a figure, whatever the hardest player said went.

Regarding deflected goals in Singles, on the (not very) mean streets of north Gosforth, we used to play a rule of shooter's goal - which never caused as many arguments as it had the potential for by the way- now turns out we were very much in the minority on that one?!?!?