Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Premier League to announce live TV rights deal at 5pm this afternoon.

Google and Al Jazeera.

I know it's unlikely, but I hope Sky have been outbid, and even better if it was someone like Google that beat them. Games streamed live on YouTube :megusta:

Streaming games is not really ideal since there is still a lot of people with rubbish Internet speeds

How fast does your connection need to be to get a decent stream though?

I have around 10meg and I thought that was good, I still have poor picture quality and occasional buffering while streaming a match...

10mb is usually enough, I've played online games with that and you shouldn't have much buffering. It all depends though, the buffering may come from the servers at the other end.

Premier League to announce live TV rights deal at 5pm this afternoon.

Google and Al Jazeera.

I know it's unlikely, but I hope Sky have been outbid, and even better if it was someone like Google that beat them. Games streamed live on YouTube :megusta:

Streaming games is not really ideal since there is still a lot of people with rubbish Internet speeds

How fast does your connection need to be to get a decent stream though?

I have around 10meg and I thought that was good, I still have poor picture quality and occasional buffering while streaming a match...

10mb is usually enough, I've played online games with that and you shouldn't have much buffering. It all depends though, the buffering may come from the servers at the other end.

Ah, I get you, the person who is uploading the match may have poor internet?

I am trying to get fibre here but, only Virgin offer it in my area so far and there is no way I am having them come and dig up my drive to put a cable in!

Edit - not to upload football streaming I need to add (wouldn't have a clue how to do that), I just want fibre because of the amount of things in my house that are connected to my router!

Guest John Carvery

How does this compare to the current deal?

an inaccurate off the top of my head guess would be an increase from 3 to 5 billion