Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

Anah, if you don't want to pay for it then you should just go to the match! :lol:

Not watching football is the only solution.

Guest antz1uk

I got a letter from Sky this week which started with the line: "Good news! The price of your subscription is not going up!"

Made me really angry. They treat it like f***ing train fares, the yearly hike of which is now effectively a meekly accepted tax people have to accept to get on with their lives.

Got the same letter, takes the p*ss.  Whole letter reads like you should be grateful to hand over £45-100 a month to them each month.  I pay around 45 and there's no way I can make it any lower unless I switch internet provider perhaps.  Considering I get no sports or films or HD I think that's a rip.

if you'e outside of your original 12 months cotnract, call them and tell them you're leaving to join Virgin or BT (take a look at their packages frst to get au fair with them. I've just done this and managed to get 60% off my subscription and free broadband for the year

originally it was going to be

16.40 line rental

3.75 bband

36.00 family package with box sets & HD channnels

I've gottten it down to

£16.40 line rental

FREE bband

£13.30 rising to £14.40 in June for tv package

Play them off against the others and telll them you're leaving as it's no longer value for money, compare bband/phone TV with all other companies online

Guest firetotheworks

Anah, if you don't want to pay for it then you should just go to the match! :lol:

He said he doesn't get sports you utter loon.

Sorry, that bit of insanity passed me by. Why have Sky without the Sports?

I've got Sky without the sports.

The basic package, means I can get Sky Atlantic and all that decent stuff.

As for the sports, I tend to steal them from the internet. Or, in the Lambert era this season, not steal them from the internet.

*gangster pose*

Guest antz1uk

For £13/£14 a month there's some great programmes on sky, along with their sky plus, box sets and HD i really don't mind paying that when the other alternative is shitty freeview channels full of repeated old quizzes and house programmes. If i want to watch a match I'll go to the pub, or can jump on to my mam n dads sky go to watch one as they have the Sports

Why do you pay for it then?

It's daft, to be honest. Complain about Sky, pay for Sky. You're no better than the scabs at St James's. SCAB.

:lol: Fuck off.

I'll get around to ringing Sky soon to gan on like I'm leaving.  I've checked BT but it doesn't seem any cheaper to me.

Guest firetotheworks

For £13/£14 a month there's some great programmes on sky, along with their sky plus, box sets and HD i really don't mind paying that when the other alternative is shitty freeview channels full of repeated old quizzes and house programmes. If i want to watch a match I'll go to the pub, or can jump on to my mam n dads sky go to watch one as they have the Sports

...or Netflix, which is £5 a month and pisses all over it. :lol:

This is sort of where I'm at like - I need internet, Sky Plus (or similar), On Demand and a few of the non-Freeview channels.

I had my first experience of not being able to find a good enough completely legal stream and having to go to the pub and watch it. Made me realise that they have defeated me.

If defeat means watching footy in a pub, then I can live with that.

I've got Netflix, it's not really the same thing though.

Why do you pay for it then?

It's daft, to be honest. Complain about Sky, pay for Sky. You're no better than the scabs at St James's. SCAB.

:lol: f*** off.

I'll get around to ringing Sky soon to gan on like I'm leaving.  I've checked BT but it doesn't seem any cheaper to me.

BT Sports is so class though, it has a stupid amount of footy.

Guest firetotheworks

I've got Netflix, it's not really the same thing though.

That's true like, but I don't miss telly like. I do miss watching football though.

Guest antz1uk

i've got netflix, it's ok for some stuff but it's not replacing the stuff as fast as i'm watching it, for what is essentially 2 packets of cigs a month i don't mind paying that little bit for the quality of the Sky product, i tried going down that route of buying a box and having the sly box through the net from the man in the pub, unfortunatelty though 1, the EPG is an absolute ballache, 2, picture always freezing, 3, no sky plu,s 4, constantly having to update and had no HD with it for over a year.

Maybe I should have a bi-monthly post in this thread about the life and times of Icelandic footballers. Here is an Icelandic defender playing in Sweden headbutting the goal post in sheer frustration after conceding a goal.

And here is arguably the best beard in professional football donned by an Icelandic player who also plays in Sweden.

CDHEHZCWYAEC5bx.jpg