Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

De Gea, Ivanovic, Terry, Matic and Hazard for me like.

De Gea probably. Matic is not better than Busquets, Modric,Kroos at a minimum. Hazard, not a hope unless you play him totally out of position. Maybe Ivanovic and Terry, not sure. Dani Alves has been very good lately after a poor start. Lot of competition for Terry too. Godin, Miranda, Pepe, Ramos

Guest firetotheworks

Harry Kane's the type of lad that would ask his mam if he could ring the bell on the bus, she'd tell him that someone else already had and then he'd do it anyway, at the age of 21.

De Gea.

Terry perhaps if he played for Atletico.

As much stick as he gets, Alves has had a very good season.

You can't have watched Barcelona to say that. He was rubbish for around 4-5 months. Really picked it up now after February, but Ivanovic has had a far better season in general.

Personally I find Ivanovic to be one of the best defenders in the league. Cracking player.

I don't know, maybe I was somewhat harsh in the previous post, as Branislav is the best attacking defender in England by a large, large distance and clearly a good player, but I just don't think he is particularly good at any aspect of actual defensive play these days, especially given the solidity have through the first XI and the entire squad. He seems the weak link always.

Personally I find Ivanovic to be one of the best defenders in the league. Cracking player.

I don't know, maybe I was somewhat harsh in the previous post, as Branislav is the best attacking defender in England by a large, large distance and clearly a good player, but I just don't think he is particularly good at any aspect of actual defensive play these days, especially given the solidity have through the first XI and the entire squad. He seems the weak link always.

I think his positional sense isn't the best, but he's an excellent one on one defender no? Havent' watched enough of Chelsea lately though, Mourinho is the definition of boring.

Quite surprising that Milner is the joint 16th richest sportsperson under 30 imo

He's 29, in his 5th season with the richest club in the world and has been earning big wages since he was 17. Of course he's gonna be up there, man. :lol:

Matic is nowhere near Busquet's level as a defensive midfielder.

Terry wouldn't get in ahead of Godin and a reformed Pique either, or Varane for that matter.

Why am I even having this debate when you think Hazard would get in ahead of Messi, Suarez, Neymar or Ronaldo..

Terry wouldn't get in ahead of Godin and a reformed Pique either, or Varane for that matter.

Why am I even having this debate when you think Hazard would get in ahead of Messi, Suarez, Neymar or Ronaldo..

Varane, Godin and Pique, man. Give over. :lol:

Varane, Godin and Pique, man. Give over. :lol:

I wouldn't have Varane there, especially this season. But Terry doesn't get ahead of Godin, Ramos or Pique this season imo.

Terry could play in Godin's role for Atletico to a better standard. But I don't think Terry could ever have played for Barcelona or Real successfully. The line and isolation that those lads (especially Madrid) have is something else and Terry would really struggle. PLaying so deep against teams of similar lvels with Matic in front has left Terry to do what nobody else can do better than him. Defend 15-20 yards from goal.

IMO Alves is never as bad as has been made out for Barca. He was out of this world for about 4-5 years, then his level dipped. I don't think anyone in the PL has been significantly better than him this season.

Otamendi for Valencia has been the best CB in La Liga, imho. Amazing season.

He has lately no doubt, was immense against Barcelona. No idea how he was doing earlier, but for all of 2014 I think Godin was the best in the league. (didn't see much of Valencia though)

IMO Alves is never as bad as has been made out for Barca. He was out of this world for about 4-5 years, then his level dipped. I don't think anyone in the PL has been significantly better than him this season.

He is man, for 2014 he was absolutely rubbish. World Cup he was rubbish. He's picked it up, but under Tata and first half of this season only thing he did was cross the ball to no one. He only became better when Messi moved to the right side of the pitch and has improved defensively. lately. Seems to have more energy, probably playing for a new lengthy contract somewhere?