Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

At a Liverpool press conference in Australia with Kolo Toure and Brendan Rodgers

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 30m30 minutes ago

Toure on running off from a koala: "I'm just not a fan of animals. There's been a dog at home for 7 years and I've never even touched it."

:lol:

Guest neesy111

At a Liverpool press conference in Australia with Kolo Toure and Brendan Rodgers

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho 30m30 minutes ago

Toure on running off from a koala: "I'm just not a fan of animals. There's been a dog at home for 7 years and I've never even touched it."

Won't wear a poppy which is to commemorate all those who have lost their lives in all wars not just British, turns his back on the British national anthem.

Lives in Britain getting paid millions playing for British clubs.

It's his choice whether or not to wear a poppy. Your post is strikingly similar to a Britain First style "IT'S A DISGRACE, LIKE AND SHARE IF YOU AGREE" Facebook thing that all the pikeys drool over.

Why have West Brom bought him ffs? :lol:

They have no wingers and he hardly cost anything. Decent enough deal for them.

Bit of a lie actually, they do have wingers, just none (apart from McManaman) who can actually beat a man.

He'll never play. Pulis was dishing up 5 defensive midfielders infront of 4 centre backs that season.

Won't wear a poppy which is to commemorate all those who have lost their lives in all wars not just British, turns his back on the British national anthem.

Lives in Britain getting paid millions playing for British clubs.

It's his choice whether or not to wear a poppy. Your post is strikingly similar to a Britain First style "IT'S A DISGRACE, LIKE AND SHARE IF YOU AGREE" Facebook thing that all the pikeys drool over.

6 people from the estate he grew up in were murdered by the British army in Bloody Sunday so I understand him not wearing the poppy but all he had to do here was just turn towards the flag and look at the ground while the anthem was played

But why is turning and looking at the ground a valid decision, but not turning isn't? You seem to be admitting he's allowed to show his disapproval.

By doing this it smacks of him just looking for attention IMO

Bet he isn't complaining when he gets paid in pounds that have the Queen's face on. It's an insult to all our brave hero soldiers that have died to ensure his freedom. He should be made to go and apologise to them all.

Playing the national anthem for a club team is going to lead to these issues. He's not representing Great Britain, he's representing West Brom. He obviously has particularly strong objections, can't really hold that against him.

Playing the national anthem for a club team is going to lead to these issues. He's not representing Great Britain, he's representing West Brom. He obviously has particularly strong objections, can't really hold that against him.

You can hold them against him in the same way that he is free to have them.

Despite Disco's sarcastic remark, I think there is an element of hypocrisy in what he does.

Despite Disco's sarcastic remark, I think there is an element of hypocrisy in what he does.

What I meant was, if someone has a moral objection then they have to do something about it. I can't object to that.

As far as I'm aware you don't need to swear allegiance to the Queen to work in England, so I'm not sure where the hypocrisy could be.

What I meant was, if someone has a moral objection then they have to do something about it. I can't object to that.

As far as I'm aware you don't need to swear allegiance to the Queen to work in England, so I'm not sure where the hypocrisy could be.

He was refusing to face the English flag. It's obviously not illegal, it's just absolutely pathetic.

What is the meaning of his protest then? He's protesting against the historical actions of a country but then saying well I'm happy to live in it in its current state. It just seems a weird protest considering he seems to have accepted that it is a bad part of history which isn't repeating itself, in the same way.

I don't want to get all flippant, and accept that the events in questions are in living memory, but no-one turns their back to the Germans during national anthems etc. Like I say, I understand that could be construed as flippant but the principle is the same isn't it?