Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest Roger Kint

Looking at our Fixtures I could easily see us getting 0 points or maybe 1 or 2 from first 4 games.  I think west ham will beat us and possibly fulham too and Villa away is not going to be easy.

Stan James were going 25/1 that we would be bottom on 1 September if you think that

Looking at our Fixtures I could easily see us getting 0 points or maybe 1 or 2 from first 4 games.  I think west ham will beat us and possibly fulham too and Villa away is not going to be easy.

Stan James were going 25/1 that we would be bottom on 1 September if you think that

I'll stick a tenner on.

Don't get that. So whatever your wage bill was the previous year, you are able to match that but also add about £4m a year on top.  Seems ridiculously unfair on the smaller teams that may want to spent a bit to bridge the gap with the big boys.

Phil McNulty (BBC) reckons we'll come 12th.

Someone should put together a list of where all the major pundits and columnists think we'll finish and see what the average comes out at. Hint nudge.

Someone should put together a list of where all the major pundits and columnists think we'll finish and see what the average comes out at. Hint nudge.

Nominate EthiGeordie.

Fine here's some, other people find more

Guardian 12th

Robbie Savage 14th (because of french players is his reason)

Simon Bird 10th

Phil McNulty 12th

FourFourTwo 13th

Sky sports put us in the viewers poll for who is going to win the league alongside, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs.

Best of the rest  :smug:

Or they just picked the best supported teams knowing they will txt in :)

Sky sports put us in the viewers poll for who is going to win the league alongside, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs.

Best of the rest  :smug:

Or they just picked the best supported teams knowing they will txt in :)

Liverpool having 1% less of the vote than Man City would suggest this.

This too many french players thing boils my piss, it never held Arsenal back a decade ago did it? Fuck me france had a squad full of of frenchmen and they won the world cup. The issue is the lack of a french manager.

If anybody remembers those animated spurs videos from a little while back - I recall there were some fans - well it's my friend Jack. Him and his missus are going to be on Soccer AM throughout the show today, doing some sort of link up with Ledley King, and potentially being funny. Just a little heads up in case there's any interest.

This too many french players thing boils my piss, it never held Arsenal back a decade ago did it? Fuck me france had a squad full of of frenchmen and they won the world cup. The issue is the lack of a french manager.

Arsenal and France had world class French players, we do not.

Can't be arsed to check but I suspect we have more way more French players than Arsenal ever had too. Not too mention they were accented with a couple of English international stalwarts.

A French manager would only exaccerbate the problem further, the issue is a narrow recruitment policy and Pardew & Ashley being twats.