Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I agree with the overall sentiment but to be that derisive of a bloke who has just broken a leagues scoring record and averages a goal every 114 minutes with a poorer team than the one he's moved to just because he hasn't come to the pl and is a little older is as daft as the fee (which was his release fee, Napoli wouldn't have sold otherwise IMO)

Which part? Being made redundant or his pay off?

The bit which jars most, is the manner in which it was done. But also, if true, a £14k redundancy package seems disrespectful given the money involved in premiership football. Saying, that he was probably paid peanuts (relatively speaking) also. Hate it when clubs/employers, especially ones which promote a 'one big family' vibe don't reciprocate the loyalty and commitment shown to them, or even it seems treat people with basic human decency. Hope some players chip in an evening's entertainment money each, which could amount to a life changing about of money for the man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3709468/Tony-Carr-receive-14-000-redundancy-payment-West-Ham-despite-43-years-service-earning-club-50m-profit.html

Guest antz1uk

The bit which jars most, is the manner in which it was done. But also, if true, a £14k redundancy package seems disrespectful given the money involved in premiership football. Saying, that he was probably paid peanuts (relatively speaking) also. Hate it when clubs/employers, especially ones which promote a 'one big family' vibe don't reciprocate the loyalty and commitment shown to them, or even it seems treat people with basic human decency. Hope some players chip in an evening's entertainment money each, which could amount to a life changing about of money for the man.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3709468/Tony-Carr-receive-14-000-redundancy-payment-West-Ham-despite-43-years-service-earning-club-50m-profit.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-legend-tony-carr-8506054

West Ham academy legend Tony Carr has earned nearly £1/2million in an ambassadorial role for the club over the past two years.

The highly-respected 65-year-old has also picked up over £1.6million since 2005 and has a lucrative pension scheme provided by the club.

The Hammers have been left reeling by the explosion of anger which followed news that they have made Carr redundant after 43 years.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-legend-tony-carr-8506054

West Ham academy legend Tony Carr has earned nearly £1/2million in an ambassadorial role for the club over the past two years.

The highly-respected 65-year-old has also picked up over £1.6million since 2005 and has a lucrative pension scheme provided by the club.

The Hammers have been left reeling by the explosion of anger which followed news that they have made Carr redundant after 43 years.

...that's a lot of jellied eels. Suddenly feeling less sorry for the cheeky-chappie.

Man City running ads on talk sport to sell their season tickets.

Who'd a thunk it?

Can buy yourself trophies and a top quality manager but can't buy a soul. Tragic bunch of mackems, we've probably sold more season tickets than them.

Who'd a thunk it?

Can buy yourself trophies and a top quality manager but can't buy a soul. Tragic bunch of mackems, we've probably sold more season tickets than them.

Surely having no plastic fans is the very opposite of not having a soul as a football club.

Who'd a thunk it?

Surely having no plastic fans is the very opposite of not having a soul as a football club.

Mate I don't know, hate City either way :lol:

Aye Canada or nowhere for 2026.

It will be either Canada or China, but China will throw more money at it where as Canada's bid will be with the future of the sport growing in mind and catering to demand I.E. no mega stadiums that will have no purpose after the World Cup. Money will exchange hands and China will build mega stadium that will host crowds of only hundreds after the World Cup.

Just catching up, what's this rubbish?  My local team plays in a 60,000 seater stadium that's pretty much sold out for every game.  Football is incredibly popular over here and the facilities they have already in place are excellent.  You don't know what you're talking about (for a change).

Aye Canada or nowhere for 2026.

It will be either Canada or China, but China will throw more money at it where as Canada's bid will be with the future of the sport growing in mind and catering to demand I.E. no mega stadiums that will have no purpose after the World Cup. Money will exchange hands and China will build mega stadium that will host crowds of only hundreds after the World Cup.

Just catching up, what's this rubbish?  My local team plays in a 60,000 seater stadium that's pretty much sold out for every game.  Football is incredibly popular over here and the facilities they have already in place are excellent.  You don't know what you're talking about (for a change).

I'm sorry loki but if its between you and stifler I think I'm going to have to trust stiffy on this one

Speaking of City fans the whopper who got Johnson's mugshot on his new season ticket has been suspended

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3712948/Manchester-City-suspend-season-ticket-fan-sent-mugshot-paedophile-Adam-Johnson-printed-it.html

Surely they should suspend the knacker that approved it in their office, not the idiot who clearly thought he was funny. Suspending his ticket seems extremely pathetic and stupid given they need all the fans they can fucking get. Wouldn't surprise me with all their money if they started paying people to go.

I'm sorry loki but if its between you and stifler I think I'm going to have to trust stiffy on this one

Is this a declaration of war or something? I couldn't take that quietly. loki, are you awake? I thought you were the god of mischief or some such. Wreak some havoc, man.

Is this a declaration of war or something? I couldn't take that quietly. loki, are you awake? I thought you were the god of mischief or some such. Wreak some havoc, man.

Don't worry about it, he's Irish.  There's more people in the city I live in than his entire country.  Pay it no mind. :lol:

Speaking of City fans the whopper who got Johnson's mugshot on his new season ticket has been suspended

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3712948/Manchester-City-suspend-season-ticket-fan-sent-mugshot-paedophile-Adam-Johnson-printed-it.html

Surely they should suspend the knacker that approved it in their office, not the idiot who clearly thought he was funny. Suspending his ticket seems extremely pathetic and stupid given they need all the fans they can f***ing get. Wouldn't surprise me with all their money if they started paying people to go.

What if the ticket office employee wasn't a football fan (I know he's been a lot more newsworthy than that but still!) and had no idea who he was?!