Newcastle United XI 0-1 Arsenal - 19/5/13 Post Match reaction from p. 29

JH

I worked through it and didn't see more than flashes of the game; but it looked like we were shit and the goal we conceded was shit. Hooray for finishing above the mackems in the worst way possible without anyone being relegated.

I worked through it and didn't see more than flashes of the game; but it looked like we were shit and the goal we conceded was shit. Hooray for finishing above the mackems in the worst way possible without anyone being relegated.

Didn't know you had a job mate, how's it going?

Didn't know you had a job mate, how's it going?

:lol: alright, alright. I didn't see 90% of the game and I won't specify the reason why!

Guest Haris Vuckic

Aye!!! Milburn side.

hmmmmmm,

whats he look look like? i'm down there and did shout gerrim off at toite at one point after another crappy pass

Fairly generic, it's probably not you.

Wearing a navy blue fleece today, can't describe faces, black hair.

no not me.

do get frustrated at times though, and let my mouth go and afterwards think have gone too far. just cant help it.

Nah mate he's not just a normal fan though that's the point. Everyone gets frustrated.

We could be 4-0 up against Bayern Munich and he'd be kicking off.

He was chanting ''shite,shite,shite,shite!'' by himself today for no reason.

Guest icemanblue

Bucking the trend a bit here, but I didn't think we were bad at all today. Looked a team for once and, even though we didn't create many ourselves, we made a very good team look ordinary and really restricted their chances until the game was stretched. If we'd had Moussa playing, I think we could have won. We were crying out for a midfielder to push forward.

Bucking the trend a bit here, but I didn't think we were bad at all today. Looked a team for once and, even though we didn't create many ourselves, we made a very good team look ordinary and really restricted their chances until the game was stretched. If we'd had Moussa playing, I think we could have won. We were crying out for a midfielder to push forward.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4vil5J6uA1qj3ir1.gif

First half I'd agree. Second half was mediocre personified.

Aye!!! Milburn side.

hmmmmmm,

whats he look look like? i'm down there and did shout gerrim off at toite at one point after another crappy pass

Fairly generic, it's probably not you.

Wearing a navy blue fleece today, can't describe faces, black hair.

no not me.

do get frustrated at times though, and let my mouth go and afterwards think have gone too far. just cant help it.

Nah mate he's not just a normal fan though that's the point. Everyone gets frustrated.

We could be 4-0 up against Bayern Munich and he'd be kicking off.

He was chanting ''s****,s****,s****,s****!'' by himself today for no reason.

:laugh:

It was the same old story from first half to second. No good looking alright for forty five minutes but we treat that as "job done".

Given we had nowt to lose I thought today was utterly shite.

Would've given my bollocks to see us score today, a cherry on a shite cake but no, play for the 0-0.

Guest icemanblue

It wasn't great, but I wouldn't go that far. But for gifting them their goal from a daft free kick, they didn't really trouble us. Harper only had one meaningful save to make. Unfortunately, we lost the crowd after their goal. We looked calm with the ball and were happy to play it back into midfield and defence to retain possession. Not seen that in a while. Probably down to the lack of pressure, I guess, rather than any real change in ethos or direction.

Thanks, Rich, for your valued input. You are the wind beneath my wings. :thup:

It wasn't great, but I wouldn't go that far. But for gifting them their goal from a daft free kick, they didn't really trouble us. Harper only had one meaningful save to make. Unfortunately, we lost the crowd after their goal. We looked calm with the ball and were happy to play it back into midfield and defence to retain possession. Not seen that in a while. Probably down to the lack of pressure, I guess, rather than any real change in ethos or direction.

Thanks, Rich, for your valued input. You are the wind beneath my wings. :thup:

You know I'm a fan really, just couldn't help but be tickled by that opening gambit.

Fair play to the Arsenal fans on the train back to London - 'Champions of 4th place, we know what we are' :lol:

They all seemed pretty good natured the ones I saw. Were the 'Power Rangers' Arsenal as well? I only saw them from a distance.

This season has been the worst I have seen us play for a very long time. especially from an attacking point of view. Yesterday we were so slow and static when we had the ball. No movement at all. Other teams attack as a team. We watch one player with the ball and wait for them to come to us.

We need more width as well. Jonas and Ben Arfa just aren't effective wingers. They provide no valuable width whatsoever. Our midfield pass the ball sideways and then launch it. It's just horrific to watch

Not seen it mentioned, but Arsenal put together their unbeaten run directly after being knocked out of the Champions League. They had nothing left but Premiership fixtures.

Those who dismiss the Europa League / tiredness idea may wish to consider.