2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

I don't know, the likes of Germany, us or France/Italy in a good day should be able to do them right now. There's still one year though...

I hope they schedule a full blown, home or away, friendly against Argentina before next years finals.

Neymar being a c***, man, I'm going to hate him, won't I? :lol:

Do you hate your left back?

Your obsession with Alba is mystifying. He's not even the worst in the team.

Yeah, it was a name out of a big hat situation.

Brazil have some issues to iron out before i can consider them a team who can go all the way.

Firstly if you are going to have two midfielders who sit behind the ball then you need as much creativity in wide areas as possible so that means bench Hulk for Bernard or Lucas.

Or they could rejink the midfield to allow for more creativity as that is a major issue at the moment to me, the team looks disjointed and lacking in a creative spark.

Of course i could be completely wrong ( as usual) but i have Spain, Germany, Italy and Argentina above them at the moment.

I don't know, the likes of Germany, us or France/Italy in a good day should be able to do them right now. They are way too scrappy. There's still one year though...

:thup:

You, Germany and Argentina are the only teams that are better than us for me. Obviously France, Italy, Netherlands, England, Portugal could beat anyone on a given day because of the individual abilities of their players. But we look scrappy yet we dominate possession.

And as for Neymar, you're going to love him. He's a cunt on the field like I've said many times, but it's a player you love if he's on your team except when he dwells on the ball.

Brazil have some issues to iron out before i can consider them a team who can go all the way.

Firstly if you are going to have two midfielders who sit behind the ball then you need as much creativity in wide areas as possible so that means bench Hulk for Bernard or Lucas.

Or they could rejink the midfield to allow for more creativity as that is a major issue at the moment to me, the team looks disjointed and lacking in a creative spark.

Of course i could be completely wrong ( as usual) but i have Spain, Germany, Italy and Argentina above them at the moment.

I don't agree with everything in your post. First of all, we just beat Italy 4-2 without playing our best and without two starters out just like Italy. Second of all, our lack of creativity is solely down to the disappearance of Oscar and nothing of what you have suggested. Hulk works hard but he's not the problem why we don't create, it's because Oscar has been completely knackered for every game thus far. Lastly, I kind of agree as we do look disjointed because it's a new team but we have still outplayed for large parts every team in this competition until now and having Italy above us who we just beat and were for 75% of the game outplaying is beyond me. We're in a fast-track renewal mode, Scolari entered and had to change a lot. Only reason I think we can beat anyone is because of him, he's a knockout phase genius due to his motivational personality. He put Bernard on as it was his hometeams stadium, he could've easily put Lucas on, but he chose Bernard and the whole stadium woke up.

Brazil at the moment remind me of my first wife. Not very good at keeping the ball, bit sloppy in defence and tend to rely on the opposition making an error. Sorry lost my train of thought.

Right 3 goals conceded in 4 games and an average of ball possession around the 65% mark and we're not good in keeping possession. We do have one or two idiotic defensive plays though, but you see Spain doing the same except they don't get punished, sometimes it's all about momentum and luck at times like those.

All I ask for now is that Spain wins against Italy and doesn't humiliate us. I'm scared of winning this tourny and relaxing till next year, we need to remember that there's a huge lot to improve, but a good team is a team that wins even when it's not playing at it's best.

Really looking forward a final against Brazil, it is a team that we have yet to face since we became non-s***. Got the feeling Italy might be due an upset though, after we beat them in the last two tournaments we've met.

:lol: Italy without Balotelli? There's no way, they don't have a team, they have a good midfield but their defense and non-Balotelli strikers aren't up for it.

I predict 2/3-0 tomorrow and then Sunday you'll win 2-0/1. Just hope we don't get humiliated, which won't happen as long as Thiago Silva doesn't have a day like this (the worst game I've ever seen him play today).

Brazil at the moment remind me of my first wife. Not very good at keeping the ball, bit sloppy in defence and tend to rely on the opposition making an error. Sorry lost my train of thought.

Right 3 goals conceded in 4 games and an average of ball possession around the 65% mark and we're not good in keeping possession.

I was really too focussed on the wife analogy, which admittedly fell flat on its face. I tried.

Right 3 goals conceded in 4 games and an average of ball possession around the 65% mark and we're not good in keeping possession.

I was really too focussed on the wife analogy, which admittedly fell flat on its face. I tried.

:lol: :thup: You know I'm quite in love with you.

Flip a lot of Italy's best players were missing and Montolivo came off after 25 minutes i don't think thats a good comparison to say you would beat them at the WC.

Also if Oscar goes down and you struggle to create surely that is a problem? you can't be relying on one player like that and expect to win the competition.

Flip a lot of Italy's best players were missing and Montolivo came off after 25 minutes i don't think thats a good comparison to say you would beat them at the WC.

Also if Oscar goes down and you struggle to create surely that is a problem? you can't be relying on one player like that and expect to win the competition.

Which of Italy's best players were missing? Pirlo & De Rossi were the obvious ones which I mentioned. If anyone says Barzagli I'll kill them as I've rarely seen an as mistake prone defender as him and David Luiz in this tournament. Montolivo went out after 25, but we played our best football when he was on the field. If anything, Giaccherini has been one of their better players of late and he came in because of Montolivos injury. We also had to change our ways with Hernanes for Paulinho and that changed the dynamic of our team yet we scored four goals and conceded two stupid sloppy goals. I don't really see Italy as a top 5 team in the world, I think Uruguay would have them in their pockets even with that shit midfield of theirs.

About Oscar going down doesn't mean we'll necessarily struggle to create. It's more his position that's the problem, you could always play someone else there.  Bernard/Lucas for him and Neymar centrally is one option. What I was saying is that you thought we need to move Hulk out of the team to create, but the problem lies within Oscar and his position, not because of his ability but because that's the man who should create. Kaka/Ronaldinho (:anguish:) are players who could do a job there if there's a problem to Oscar. Ronaldinho has been great for Atletico (better than Bernard, but he doesn't seem to give a shit when he plays for the national team) and Kaka could wake up with a move and better if he could stay injury free.

We're still a loooong way to go before reaching a World Cup final yet semi-final. But to suggest that Italy who we in the last 5 months have played 180minutes against and have outplayed for 75% or so is beyond me. Don't forget we drew 2-2 against them with their best players and we absolutely dominated them for 45 minutes before crashing mentally in the 2nd half.

Really looking forward a final against Brazil, it is a team that we have yet to face since we became non-s***. Got the feeling Italy might be due an upset though, after we beat them in the last two tournaments we've met.

:lol: Italy without Balotelli? There's no way, they don't have a team, they have a good midfield but their defense and non-Balotelli strikers aren't up for it.

I predict 2/3-0 tomorrow and then Sunday you'll win 2-0/1. Just hope we don't get humiliated, which won't happen as long as Thiago Silva doesn't have a day like this (the worst game I've ever seen him play today).

Yeah, gotta say Balotelli is a big blow for them. Italy's problem -imho- is that they rely way too much on deliberate/old/one-paced players and Balotelli has that edge their side lacks otherwise.

Brazil will maul Uruguay. Uruguay have been incredibly inept for 1.5 years......Suarez can't carry them all the time.

Brazil 4-0 Uruguay.

Agreed.

Why didn't this happen then?  You both sounded so certain!

Football is unpredictable  :undecided:

Which of Italy's best players were missing? Pirlo & De Rossi were the obvious ones which I mentioned. If anyone says Barzagli I'll kill them as I've rarely seen an as mistake prone defender as him and David Luiz in this tournament. Montolivo went out after 25, but we played our best football when he was on the field. If anything, Giaccherini has been one of their better players of late and he came in because of Montolivos injury. We also had to change our ways with Hernanes for Paulinho and that changed the dynamic of our team yet we scored four goals and conceded two stupid sloppy goals. I don't really see Italy as a top 5 team in the world, I think Uruguay would have them in their pockets even with that s*** midfield of theirs.

About Oscar going down doesn't mean we'll necessarily struggle to create. It's more his position that's the problem, you could always play someone else there.  Bernard/Lucas for him and Neymar centrally is one option. What I was saying is that you thought we need to move Hulk out of the team to create, but the problem lies within Oscar and his position, not because of his ability but because that's the man who should create. Kaka/Ronaldinho (:anguish:) are players who could do a job there if there's a problem to Oscar. Ronaldinho has been great for Atletico (better than Bernard, but he doesn't seem to give a s*** when he plays for the national team) and Kaka could wake up with a move and better if he could stay injury free.

We're still a loooong way to go before reaching a World Cup final yet semi-final. But to suggest that Italy who we in the last 5 months have played 180minutes against and have outplayed for 75% or so is beyond me. Don't forget we drew 2-2 against them with their best players and we absolutely dominated them for 45 minutes before crashing mentally in the 2nd half.

Just an example.... from the team that beat Germany in the Euro Semi's Barzagli, DDR, Pirlo, Cassano and Balzaretti were all missing and as said before Montolivo came off after 25 mins.

Going from

Buffon

Balzaretti - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini

Marchisio - Pirlo -  DDR

Montolivo

Cassano - Balotelli

To

Buffon

Abate - Bonucci - Chiellini - De Sciglio

Montolivo - Aquilani - Marchisio

Candreva - Diamanti

Balotelli

Is a pretty big dive nose in quality tbf.

You don't need to be perfect to win a World Cup. All that is required is high level talent, cohesiveness, and luck. Look at Italy 2006, France 2006, Netherlands 2010 and tell me that these are sides without major deficiencies. One won the cup and the other two came as close as you possibly can without doing so. Brazil are one of about ten teams that have enough of these things to consider themselves top contenders. Many more sides potentially will have enough of those elements to make knockout stage runs. This is what makes international tournaments exciting, especially in the modern era where there should not be any truly weak sides unless we see Jordan/Uzbekistan win the playoff, the Oceanic side winning its playoff, or upsets in African and North American qualifying.

If you factor in the home advantage for Brazil, I think they must be considered second favourites at this time.