2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

27 years since the last Spain - Brazil competitive match. I actually remember that game... Sócrates scored :smitten:

http://himg2.huanqiu.com/attachment2010/2013/0108/20130108092457889.jpg

;)

I was 7 at the time, I'm not THAT old!

Bored shitless of Spain now. Howay Brazil.

:thup: Boring as sin to watch IMO.

Don't overreact, fair enough that people want somebody new to win stuff but we're more entertaining in this tournament that we've been in a while. Not boring by a mile.

Heck, we could play with Iniesta+10 cloggers and it would still be worth it.

Don't overreact, fair enough that people want somebody new to win stuff but we're more entertaining in this tournament that we've been in a while. Not boring by a mile.

Heck, we could play with Iniesta+10 cloggers and it would still be worth it.

I meant generally, mate. This tournament Spain have looked... different, though I haven't seen every match in fairness.

Iniesta is fantastic to watch.

Even in general though, there's nothing to defend: Spain's style is very effective and has made them the dominant force in international football for a number of years. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing football though IMO.

Spain is genuinely Messi-less Barça this year, it's the first time they're playing with the very same tactics. But you need Messi upfront  to put people to the sword given that you expose yourself to counters much more than in the more conservative system we used in 2010 and 2012.

Spain will still win sunday, but after not being impressed by them in their last two games I think it can be a close game. But if they play like they did against Uruguay we're done early.

Spain is genuinely Messi-less Barça this year, it's the first time they're playing with the very same tactics. But you need Messi upfront  to put people to the sword given that you expose yourself to counters much more than in the more conservative system we used in 2010 and 2012.

This. And Barca showed they can get whooped. Alonso-Busquets Spain never got whooped.

I'm more bored by them winning tbh :lol: and even when somebody matches them all the way they still get through on penalties.

I do think they're nowhere near as good to watch as Barca, even without the double-pivot this tournament.

Spain have been better to watch in this tournament IMO.

But it has come with a trade off..... they have been a lot easier to get at.

They have got away with it so far but if they don't go back to the tried and tested I can see them coming unstuck at the WC.

I'm more bored by them winning tbh :lol: and even when somebody matches them all the way they still get through on penalties.

I do think they're nowhere near as good to watch as Barca, even without the double-pivot this tournament.

Against top opposition, they've been better for the last 2 years.

Better at winning maybe, not better to watch. IMO anyway. They have the advantage of having club standard efficiency and team mechanics (built up over years and years through youth and then club football) implanted straight into a national team against countries that don't have anywhere near that same understanding. The games where both sides have the imperfections of international football apparent are far better to watch (Brazil vs Italy, Italy vs Japan etc).

They've been pretty much very effective, but also very dull since VdB took over IMO. It's attack vs defence training sessions, with one side dominating possession and strangling the game towards a marginal victory. Maybe it's just the Messi cutting edge factor, but I don't ever get the same feeling watching Barcelona apart from the odd CL game where they've been effectively countered by a strong defensive set up. Most of Barcelona's games I enjoy because they seem to have more runners, more players commited forward and more of a will to rack up as many goals as possible.

Better at winning maybe, not better to watch. IMO anyway. They have the advantage of having club standard efficiency and team mechanics (built up over years and years through youth and then club football) implanted straight into a national team against countries that don't have anywhere near that same understanding. The games where both sides have the imperfections of international football apparent are far better to watch (Brazil vs Italy, Italy vs Japan etc).

They've been pretty much very effective, but also very dull since VdB took over IMO. It's attack vs defence training sessions, with one side dominating possession and strangling the game towards a marginal victory. Maybe it's just the Messi cutting edge factor, but I don't ever get the same feeling watching Barcelona apart from the odd CL game where they've been effectively countered by a strong defensive set up. Most of Barcelona's games I enjoy because they seem to have more runners, more players commited forward and more of a will to rack up as many goals as possible.

I agree with all your points. I just haven't seen a side as dominant as this in world football. Also, at the very highest level, Barca haven't thrashed a top team in a good while.

Before today's last two games:

1 Fernando Torres Spain 5

2 Abel Hernandez Uruguay 4

3 David Villa Spain 3

Fred Brazil 3

Luis Suárez Uruguay 3

Neymar Brazil 3

Nnamdi Oduamadi Nigeria 3

Javier Hernández Mexico 3

9 David Silva Spain 2

Jô Brazil 2

Mario Balotelli Italy 2