RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

That's a bit much tbh. Also the complete wrong way to get people to join the effort to stand up to the twats.

How's it a bit much?

All this shite about cockneys sounds cringey like...just exacerbates that divide rather than help people from all over hear what we say.

steve wraith ‏@stevewraith 5m

Please follow @NUFCFansUtd for news on BIG #nufc fans meeting monday 6pm venue TBC all welcome. All views/ideas considered Retweet

Tempted to go along.  These things rarely come to much but I'm so sick I might as well see what the fuss is.

I'd be interested, but am at work. :( These things always bloody happen when I can't get.

It's got fuck all to do with him being a cockney, but that's all we'll hear about. And that's why, I'm out.

Yup. Completely detracts from any rational point and further disseminates the ideas of the fabled 'goldfish bowl' and 'geordie nation'. They'd be better off just reciting the actions of each individual associated with the current setup (barring Carr). The idiocy speaks for itself and would get level-headed paying fans onside of any boycott/demonstration.

steve wraith ‏@stevewraith 5m

Please follow @NUFCFansUtd for news on BIG #nufc fans meeting monday 6pm venue TBC all welcome. All views/ideas considered Retweet

Tempted to go along.  These things rarely come to much but I'm so sick I might as well see what the fuss is.

Would love to hear what actually goes on if anyone off here makes it...

That's a bit much tbh. Also the complete wrong way to get people to join the effort to stand up to the twats.

How's it a bit much?

"As has been said so many times to all of you attending matches and paying these bastards wages - well done"

The tone is completely unnecessary. The people going to the games are used to going to watch the club that they love. Everyone has a different breaking point. None of the people at the games wanted to see this happen. By all means implore people to stop spending, but I think blaming them for anything is over the top.

How's it a bit much?

All this shite about cockneys sounds cringey like...just exacerbates that divide rather than help people from all over hear what we say.

And at the same time it's true. I'm a Geordie working in London and have no problem with anyone from any part of the world but that farfetched everyday scenario works. Applying it to this situation is more difficult but it does increasingly look like the "It'll always be St James Park to me, particularly if results are OK" lark has given this prick too much time and too much licence to take the piss. And I include myself in that too, I still go to games - mainly aways but a few homes too - because I feel the need.

How's it a bit much?

"As has been said so many times to all of you attending matches and paying these bastards wages - well done"

The tone is completely unnecessary. The people going to the games are used to going to watch the club that they love. Everyone has a different breaking point. None of the people at the games wanted to see this happen. By all means implore people to stop spending, but I think blaming them for anything is over the top.

OK fair enough, see my post above, however I think they're right in principle.  The owner's been allowed to get away with far too much and only a handful of people have said enough is enough.  I'm not even one of them.

How's it a bit much?

And at the same time it's true. I'm a Geordie working in London and have no problem with anyone from any part of the world but that farfetched everyday scenario works. Applying it to this situation is more difficult but it does increasingly look like the "It'll always be St James Park to me, particularly if results are OK" lark has given this prick too much time and too much licence to take the piss. And I include myself in that too, I still go to games - mainly aways but a few homes too - because I feel the need.

The anecdote works; you just don't need to reference the fact that we're geordies or they're not at all; just call them for what all people should view them as, Twats. Twats is all that needs to be said and can be evidenced by the trail of sheer callousness and incompetence theyve displayed.

How's it a bit much?

The anecdote works; you just don't need to reference the fact that we're geordies or they're not at all; just call them for what all people should view them as, Twats. Twats is all that needs to be said and can be evidenced by the trail of sheer callousness and incompetence theyve displayed.

Yeah, that's true too.  The fact that he's parked up with a load of Southerners that appear to detest the people of the region is a dynamic here though, don't deny it.  A big factor in the reason I was spitting blood last night was how clear it is that this oaf holds clear contempt for the people of Newcastle and wants to paint them as idiots.

The post that was quoted was rough around the edges, but the content was correct. Ashley knows people will turn up regardless, which is why he pleases himself. A bigger message would be if people started staying away from games, but unfortunately I think there is too much apathy inside St James. In that people will be unhappy, but won't vent their displeasure - probably for fear of what happened at the Hull game, after Keegan walked. Civil war almost broke out amongst our ranks after that game.

Could always be that Ashley has worn people down and that the more vocal (in the main) are the ones who don't go to games, such as myself.

Waiting for him to claim he was the 5th ghostbuster but was edited out the film as he caught way more ghosts then anyone else.

He'd f***ing claim he was in the film never edited out, he obviously isn't aware people check up on his claims at all  :lol:

How's it a bit much?

Yeah, that's true too.  The fact that he's parked up with a load of Southerners that appear to detest the people of the region is a dynamic here though, don't deny it.  A big factor in the reason I was spitting blood last night was how clear it is that this oaf holds clear contempt for the people of Newcastle and wants to paint them as idiots.

Definitely but it's because he's a complete twat above all other labels. With his bosses bigger ones. I just fear our valid point (as per the anecdote) gets lost in flag waving and empty rhetoric. I'm a 2nd generation mud blood geordie and with yourself living in London you may agree, perhaps not, that it lessens the impact of the issue for the media and joe public elsewhere. We don't necessarily need them onside but the sensationalism of the Kinnear stuff has certainly raised their profile as useless twats. Which has been great.

How's it a bit much?

Definitely but it's because he's a complete twat above all other labels. With his bosses bigger ones. I just fear our valid point (as per the anecdote) gets lost in flag waving and empty rhetoric. I'm a 2nd generation mud blood geordie and with yourself living in London you may agree, perhaps not, that it lessens the impact of the issue for the media and joe public elsewhere. We don't necessarily need them onside but the sensationalism of the Kinnear stuff has certainly raised their profile as useless twats. Which has been great.

I think we're pretty close with our points of view tbh mate yeah, I just think they're despicably trying to use the idea of thick Geordies to their own advantage and it's difficult to ignore.  You're probably absolutely right in saying that the best approach is to ignore it though, the main point is that he's a fucking awful owner.

Waiting for him to claim he was the 5th ghostbuster but was edited out the film as he caught way more ghosts then anyone else.

He'd f***ing claim he was in the film never edited out, he obviously isn't aware people check up on his claims at all  :lol:

Very true  :lol: