RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

“What Shearer says is diabolical. This is a guy who hasn’t got a clue about coaching. Good in five a sides, though, so they tell me. The last game of the season he came up with the master idea of playing Damien Duff at left back. Damien is one of the best left wingers in the business, but can’t tackle. And we went down with an own goal from Damien. Shearer keeps slagging me off. He is being disrespectful to me, but I am entitled to fight back.”

Guest taps01

Just had a read of it

*he slags shearer off as a coach and takes a pop at him for playing Duff at left back

*met Pardew on Wednesday

*has known Carr for 20 years and he came round his house last week

*we are after a centre back and striker

*we have identified three strikers

*manager will choose the which striker we go after

*meeting Carr again tomorrow

*apologies to fans for his interview on talksport

"What Shearer says is diabolical. This is a guy who hasn't got a clue about coaching. Good in five-a-sides, though, so they tell me.

"The last game of the [08-09] season, he came up with the master idea of playing Damien Duff at left-back. Damien is one of the best left wingers in the business but can't tackle and we went down with an own goal from Damien.

"Shearer keeps slagging me off. He is being disrespectful to me but I am entitled to fight back."

"He [Pardew] was looking for clarification about my role, not his own, and I explained my role to him in full."

"I said: 'You are on an eight-year contract and my role is to support you and give you the best help possible. I have been informed that you found it difficult last season to speak to Mike or get messages to Mike about various things'. I made it clear that I am not after his job."

"It is my own fault and I regret what I said about the supporters. I have a fiery nature and I sometimes lose the plot. There are 10 per cent I'm never going to win over, that is the point I was trying to make, but I regret what I said and if I offended any Newcastle fans I apologise."

Guest taps01

Just had a read of it

*he slags shearer off as a coach and takes a pop at him for playing Duff at left back

*met Pardew on Wednesday

*has known Carr for 20 years and he came round his house last week

*we are after a centre back and striker

*we have identified three strikers

*manager will choose the which striker we go after

*meeting Carr again tomorrow

*apologies to fans for his interview on talksport

He also says that Pardew found it hard to speak with Ashley last season which I guess is a pop at Llambeezy

Just stop talking publicly and do your job and we can at least forget about you for a few days

Only positive I can get is I'm sure him and Carr will get on fine.

It seems reasonable to accept that there is something in the stories linking us with Tompkins. I was told last year we were sniffing around him and was also told that his best position may be in midfield. Our interest is long standing.

While we all know that Shearer didn't well here as a manager, he recently came out and said that Kinnear had 20 (or so) games to get us wins and he had just 8 games with the squad's morale being totally down already.

I think both have their points and both shouldn't be talking too much about the relegation season as both had their faults - Kinnear more than Shearer for me, though.

Just remember the Stoke game in that we were leading after that Owen double after 10 minutes and still managed to draw it in the end. Genius Kinnear.

"It is my own fault and I regret what I said about the supporters. I have a fiery nature and I sometimes lose the plot. There are 10 per cent I'm never going to win over, that is the point I was trying to make, but I regret what I said and if I offended any Newcastle fans I apologise."

:lol:

Guest chopey

He says there will always be 10% of the fans he will never win over ...............try 99% you deluded muppet

I've got the Times today and there's a whacking big picture of JFK looking in rude health. Looks as well as he's done for ages. FFS.

He states it's his last interview and that, from now on, AP will do them.

I've got the Times today and there's a whacking big picture of JFK looking in rude health. Looks as well as he's done for ages. FFS.

He states it's his last interview and that, from now on, AP will do them.

Will be interesting to see that.

Shearer doesn't appear to have what it takes as a manager, but anyone even with decent pedigree would have struggled to have kept us up.

The expectation on Shearer to keep us up was huge and he was the last person to blame for our relegation that season. We were awful under him, but the damage was clearly already done.

If Kinnear is displeased at Shearer having his say, well then I suggest he finds the time to get used to it - as given his history and status at Newcastle he will be queried regularly at things going on at the club.

Shearer doesn't appear to have what it takes as a manager, but anyone even with decent pedigree would have struggled to have kept us up.

The expectation on Shearer to keep us up was huge and he was the last person to blame for our relegation that season. We were awful under him, but the damage was clearly already done.

If Kinnear is displeased at Shearer having his say, well then I suggest he finds the time to get used to it - as given his history and status at Newcastle he will be queried regularly at things going on at the club.

:thup: Agree with all of that, sad state of affairs when a club legend is getting slagged off by that cunt and he's the one that's an employee of the club.

Spot on about Shearer's managerial ability.

Possibly, but then Shearer didn't/doesn't consider himself to be a great manager. He came in at a time of need to attempt to save his beloved club, a position it was in after Kinnear amongst others put it there. Shearer has a right to criticise this appointment just like everybody else. His management credentials have nothing to do with it. So in the same interview Kinnear apologises to the fans for insulting them, he decides to mock a club legend who couldn't save the shambles that he left behind. Fuck off!

Not good, slagging off Shearer. We were as good as down, when he took over thanks to the shambles created by Ashley and Kinnear.

Kinnear is a cunt and should really keep his gob shut from now on, but I think that's too much to expect.

Guest Haris Vuckic

People slagging Shearer off after 8 games. Fuck a duck. :lol:

How well did Keegan do in his first 10/11 games back? Not well.