RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

Getting names wrong would be an excuse. No one minded when Robby bobson done it.

Bobby was a brilliant manager who everybody thought well of, he was a gentlemen who gained the respect of almost everybody who knew him or knew anything about him.  Kinnear comes across as an antagonistic, egotistical, pathological liar, the two are totally different.

personal qualities aside, the main difference is that despite his age, Bobby had a very modern football philosophy due to his exposure to the world's best teams and players. Kinnear on the other hand has mostly dealt with pub teams and sherpas in Nepal.

it boggles me that ashley thought the way to fix last season to to have this ridiculous circus over the summer and not just go about bolstering the squad like Liverpool are doing, even if it's on a fucking budget this is no way to run a club.

Getting names wrong would be an excuse. No one minded when Robby bobson done it.

Bobby was a brilliant manager who everybody thought well of, he was a gentlemen who gained the respect of almost everybody who knew him or knew anything about him.  Kinnear comes across as an antagonistic, egotistical, pathological liar, the two are totally different.

Your sig says it tbh. And there was that time an interviewer asked Shola what Bobby called him. "Carl Cort". Everyone loved Bobby because he was a nice guy. Jack Charlton got away with it as well when he was Ireland manager because he was, from their viewpoint, successful.

Joke is an arrogant twat, an idiot, and - as you say - a pathological liar. He shouldn't have any job because he's inherently untrustworthy, he should be locked up for his own safety. Desperate times, and it's going to take a horrible disastrous event to make Ashley reconsider. :(

Robson nor Jack Charlton called local journalists cunts etc.  Big difference.

Nor insinuated geordies are thick

:lol: Hang on there, chaps. Do you think I'm in the Kinnear camp? How did that happen?

I don't know the source, so it could be bullshit but apparently Kinnear said this last year: "I would consider something like a director of football post. But I would do that for just one reason and that is to get myself back into full-time management. If I was a director of football and the manager was struggling and got the old tin-tack, I would tell them that I'd take over."

I don't know the source, so it could be bullshit but apparently Kinnear said this last year: "I would consider something like a director of football post. But I would do that for just one reason and that is to get myself back into full-time management. If I was a director of football and the manager was struggling and got the old tin-tack, I would tell them that I'd take over."

Was in a Times article at the time

You could excuse the odd mispronunciation from sir Bobby because he was just that, someone who had done enough to command enough respect to be called sir. Kinnears just an odious, embarrassing and antagonistic creature who can't seriously expect to gain any respect,  having done nothing in the modern game. Just go joe ffs.

That statement indeed is just a real threat. I'd be worried if I was Pardew and he will be.

It's a ticking bomb now that's waiting for the little spark to get triggered.

Can you blame people for erring on believing negative news reports about what's going on at the club?  We've just installed Joe Kinnear as Director of Football.  That was what people used to say taking the piss when discussing how Ashley could fuck stuff up.

Remember in the weeks leading up to Keegan resigning, when we were all so quick to write off all this 'paper bollocks' with no quotes about how there was a rift, how he wasn't happy, how players were being bought over his head?  How we scoffed at these journos making shit up to try and slag off the club, and the gullible fools who believed it?  Remember how we laughed when news reports started emerging suggesting Ashley was going to rename St Jame's Park?  The people in charge of the club have form for doing some of the most monumentally stupid and self-destructive things imaginable, that's the reason newspaper reports suggesting further catastrophe are given so much credence.

Guest Geordiesned

Anyone got a Times subscription so they can post the interview Kinnear's done with the Sunday Times?

Why is this senile fool still giving interviews? Act like a proper DoF and do your job quietly instead of stirring up more s***.

Listening/ reading the dross that gang comes out with makes you wish your eardrums had shattered or you had mackem levels of illiteracy.

Guest Geordiesned

Apparently apologises for slagging off fans in radio interview (until next time obviously) but lays into Shearer saying he lacks respect. Pot/kettle!

Guest taps01

Anyone got a Times subscription so they can post the interview Kinnear's done with the Sunday Times?

Free 30 day trial for the times app for the I pad if that helps anyone.