RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Guest reefatoon

We will hear the reasons as soon as JFK has necked his 8th pint. There is no way that steaming little tramp can keep his mouth shut.  He will be telling everyone down his local the full story. (though if the story is true or fiction, we will never know). So scrap that, we will never find out.

Guest firetotheworks

Him leaving has made us all slightly less embarrassed, but that's literally the beginning and end of the difference that it will make or opposing difference that it made when he was originally appointed. The man is a waste of oxygen.

Don't think it was anything to do with budgets. I just think JFK was completely out of his depth. These big money agents who are acting on behalf of the players these days would see Kinnear as a joke and so would the players.  If you were a potential signing and you listened to him spouting off as he did when he first came what would you think?  Utter pratt and the club would be tarred with the same brush

In the end we need players like Cabaye to keep us in top 10 and attract more players. Therefore we still need to buy the next Cabaye, for a cut price deal, train him up and sell for 15m+ 2-3 years later, on and on.  The whole model requires Carr to spot the talents, JFK to complete the deal and Pardew to incorporate the player.  And now it is obviously JFK's part who fucked up massively (Pardew as well but no where near JFK).  It could be the Douglas deal, it could be Cabella, it could be Grenier.  To Ashley a player recommended by Carr as a potential star, available for a relatively low price, is like a 10m+ profit, and failure in bringing them here means evaporated profits, lower league position and probably lower ST now.  It is a massive fucked up and I would not be surprised that Ashely really axe him for lack of signings.

I just refuse to believe Kinnears is anything but a scapegoat. Smacks of Ashley slapping him on the wage bill as a financial favour to a friend who's happy to piss anyone off because he doesn't care what people think. Two transfer windows gone, no signings made, ditch Kinnear under the guise that it's his fault nothing progressed.

I just can't envision even Ashley trusting him enough to genuinely handle transfer negotiations. :lol:

I just refuse to believe Kinnears is anything but a scapegoat. Smacks of Ashley slapping him on the wage bill as a financial favour to a friend who's happy to piss anyone off because he doesn't care what people think. Two transfer windows gone, no signings made, ditch Kinnear under the guise that it's his fault nothing progressed.

I just can't envision even Ashley trusting him enough to genuinely handle transfer negotiations. :lol:

Yep, that's how I see it too.

Can we just please promote Graham Carr to all things transfer wise. Just make him the transfer don.

How do we know if Carr wasn't part of the problem here ?

One thing that has me very concerned is how come we had seemingly only one option once Cabaye was sold, it was Grenier or nowt, surely as the chief scout he should have had a list of targets not just one.

Now we have no way of knowing if he did but JFK and MA just refused to move down to the next man on the list. But at the same time we don't have anything to suggest he did.

Carr may not be blameless in this whole scenario, so I wouldn't be too fast to make him King just yet.

Don't think it was anything to do with budgets. I just think JFK was completely out of his depth. These big money agents who are acting on behalf of the players these days would see Kinnear as a joke and so would the players.  If you were a potential signing and you listened to him spouting off as he did when he first came what would you think?  Utter pratt and the club would be tarred with the same brush

I think that's all there is to it. Lots of conspiracies around which is always to be expected, but sometimes the simplest explanation's the most likely.

Can we just please promote Graham Carr to all things transfer wise. Just make him the transfer don.

How do we know if Carr wasn't part of the problem here ?

One thing that has me very concerned is how come we had seemingly only one option once Cabaye was sold, it was Grenier or nowt, surely as the chief scout he should have had a list of targets not just one.

Now we have no way of knowing if he did but JFK and MA just refused to move down to the next man on the list. But at the same time we don't have anything to suggest he did.

Carr may not be blameless in this whole scenario, so I wouldn't be too fast to make him King just yet.

I for one was worried that the great Graham Carr Experiment (as I coined it) had failed and was worried many of those he signed were purely potential and not had what it takes to step their individual games up. I was obviously wrong, but you need to realize we only hear about Cabella or Grenier as those are the 2 that may have been leaked or progressed. For all we know, there could have been 15 targets but these 2 fit the age/price/contract requirement. 

Graham Carr isn't daft, he obviously knows the situation of players he must work within to fit into our transfer policy. IF those policies were even loosened a bit, I'm sure he'd be telling anyone who'd listen to go and sign a better quality player who'd cost more from a different country.

I think Pards paying Sammy Ameobi was like a two fingers to the transfer policy showing his hands were tied. Not that hes such a bad player just because he is literally showing we have signed no cover... Again! And in that showing kinnear up

If it was someone new, who we didn't know and didn't already hate, then I'd probably vote for that option.

However, whoever it is, we'll all end up hating them anyway. Ashley quite clearly doesn't want to spend money and Kinnear served his purpose perfectly for him.