RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Did Wise even have an assistant when he was here? :lol: this is nothing other than Kinnear getting his mate a job, what a fucking joke

Vetere, Jiminez... Not assistants as such, but they were working together

I'm not going to try and work out how long I've been watching Newcastle, in all of that time I can't remember ever feeling more negative about and towards the club.

Things didn't even seem as bad when we were in danger of going down into the 3rd division as they do now.

I said this same thing a few weeks ago Mick - things going from bad to worse but at least we had hope in those days ; none now because there are very few men capable of buying out Ashley and even fewer who want to. This could drag on for years....

So we got an extra scout, calm down lads.

You honestly don't find this embarrassing?

Not as embarrassing as having JFK there already.

Well this guy is effectively his mini-me, or considering his height the Blaster to JFK's Master.

I just don't understand what Ashley thinks he is doing.  Surely at the very least he wants us to stay in the Premier League preferably without getting as close to relegation as we did last season and somehow keeping the supporters interested enough.  He is also supposed to want to develop the academy so we start producing players for the first team and develop first team players presumably to sell for a profit.

However, his decision-making is undermining all those things.  You want a younger and progressive management and coaching structure but he keeps hiring dinosaurs that have no history of developing a club in that way and would produce a struggling team that would turn even more supporters away.  Considering all Ashley seems to want is to protect his investment, he is doing everything to damage to it.

He may not be that knowledgeable about football but he is supposed to be a fan and almost every football fan would say hiring such personnel will not progress the club at all.  I cannot fathom it out.

I just don't understand what Ashley thinks he is doing.  Surely at the very least he wants us to stay in the Premier League preferably without getting as close to relegation as we did last season and somehow keeping the supporters interested enough.  He is also supposed to want to develop the academy so we start producing players for the first team and develop first team players presumably to sell for a profit.

However, his decision-making is undermining all those things.  You want a younger and progressive management and coaching structure but he keeps hiring dinosaurs that have no history of developing a club in that way and would produce a struggling team that would turn even more supporters away.  Considering all Ashley seems to want is to protect his investment, he is doing everything to damage to it.

He may not be that knowledgeable about football but he is supposed to be a fan and almost every football fan would say hiring such personnel will not progress the club at all.  I cannot fathom it out.

He's a Chelsea fan.