RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Just listening to this now. At the start he says he's been in talks for 'about 3 weeks'.

Later, he's asked when the DoF role was first discussed... 'Mike rang me about 10 days ago'.

Blokes a proper Walter Mitty.

Most depressing thing about this is you just know next season is a washout before a ball has been kicked. At some stage there will be an implosion.

You try to cling to hope, just a sliver, but this news rips out your teeth and pulls your nails off - nothing left to hold on with. :(

Says he doesn't have an ego whilst telling everyone a list of everything he'd done in football.

Won the cup 5 times, no ego, manager of the year three times, no ego, been manager all over the world, no ego, nepal blah blah, like kebabs, no ego, I signed him, blah, no ego, blah blah.

He does need to be sectioned.

Most depressing thing about this is you just know next season is a washout before a ball has been kicked. At some stage there will be an implosion.

You try to cling to hope, just a sliver, but this news rips out your teeth and pulls your nails off - nothing left to hold on with. :(

I'd put big money on Kinnear being in our dugout at some point next season.

I'd put big money on Kinnear being in our dugout at some point next season.

He'll be in the dugout while Pardew is manager man. Ranting on the touchline while Pardew looks on confused.

As I said in the Pardew thread, I'm hoping Pardew has massive compo in his contract and this is a ploy to force him to resign.

Please f***ing God!

Think I'd rather he didn't resign now.  Ashley's an evil genius.

Listening to this interview, what the f*** is going on.

Jesus.  Got visions of the people doing the interview pissing themselves laughing in the background. 

Parjoe :lol:

Harping on about what he done at Wimbledon, the game has changed a bit since then.  Fucks sake this is a bad dream.

Its gone beyond utter hatred for me. It tells you something when the fans and the media are teaming up against this regime, somehow I've fallen on the same team as Pardew FFS.

I thought the stadium farce was the pinnacle,  this trumps it threefold.

Alan Brazil has been quite funny this morning.  Keeps saying "I hope Joe's alright" and "Joe, if you're listening, I hope you're okay".

Seems utterly convinced, like many of us, that Kinnear has lost the plot and is making it all up.

If it turns out he is making this up, surely he has to be locked up?

Think the club would have denied it by now :lol:

Having said that I thought they would have confirmed it by now :lol: obviously thinking of the best way to do this, could be a while.

http://i41.tinypic.com/642elw.jpg

Alan Brazil has been quite funny this morning.  Keeps saying "I hope Joe's alright" and "Joe, if you're listening, I hope you're okay".

Seems utterly convinced, like many of us, that Kinnear has lost the plot and is making it all up.

If it turns out he is making this up, surely he has to be locked up?

yeah, but you would expect Ashley or someone with an IQ above 10 to come out an distance the club from this freak!

* seriously, its so weird no one from the club has said something officially - are they in denial - will it go away by itself?

also probably the most mental appointment i ever heard of - also outside the football world!

Getting ridiculed in international media as well over this shit. Fuck me, I really hope he is high as fuck and just making shit up, and the club feels so bad that they dont know how to answer.