Olivier Kemen joins Lyon

Fenham Mag

This seasons Xisco.

This isn't even slightly comparable to the Xisco transfer.

If its going to be the signing that makes Pardew walk away, hell yeah. Or maybe not because that means Joe gets to walk into Pardew's position.

I'd swear that this is all part of Mike's awesome plan to get us to stop hating Pardew.

Some more info on our first summer signing (Google translated):

Emblematic of French football club, FC Metz knows a complicated period, ending up in the National. But the youth teams of the Lorraine club have many talents, as Olivier Kemen.

Regularly, Foot Mercato offers to meet young talents throughout France. So take the direction of Metz, to discover Olivier Kemen. Contacted by us, the player tells you his career: "I started soccer at age 8, in La Garenne-Colombes. Then, at age 14, I went to the Elite 14 in ACBB (federal). At the end of the season, I got recruited by FC Metz. I had other proposals, such as Lyon, but the project of FC Metz has seduced me. Today I am doing my third year at FC Metz. I play midfield. I take my athletic strength to reach a certain power. I'm not clumsy with the ball and try to improve in its use. Alex Song is a player I like a lot because it is very powerful and it is good on the ball with a good view of the game " .

And it is still far from his idol, midfielder 16 years please Lorraine, although the adaptation was not necessarily obvious: "It was not easy. The distance from my family and school and sporting requirements were sometimes a difficult challenge to overcome. The frame structure, coaches, educators, Director, Head of Studies, helped me to move forward. But today, I really feel good progress and be on the right track. The atmosphere at the center is positive. I have the soul of a leader I am trying to implement on the ground. I help new and I'm listening to the oldest. I must say, although I'm friendly, I do not let me walk all over you. For now, I'm a very good start, I played 19 national, I meet the requirements of the coach and it allowed me to taste the joys of the France team " .

This will give it the full ambitions: "First of all collectively is successfully completed leading group U19, play background Gambardella Cup, and if necessary help U17 to enable them to reach the finals. Personally, I would like to sign a professional contract at the end of the season and continue my progress and of course proudly wear the blue jersey. I think the FC Metz has a very good public over 7000 spectators in National average is not bad, a lot of clubs would love to have this influx L2. They deserve the pro elite team found more quickly. And inevitably, if the pro staff appealed to me, I will answer with a lot of desire and enthusiasm. I know I'm still young, but I feel able to meet this challenge " . This is the evil that wants him.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dazzanufc1892

sorry didnt now that existed, just saw it on sky sports then as breaking news, may want to be merged :)

Guest Roger Kint

Sounds a good prospect based on French experts. I look forward to injuries wrecking that early promise  :'(

Seriously though cant argue with this sort of signing.