Olivier Kemen joins Lyon

Fenham Mag

Good young signing last year.

This year's is OK.

God help next season's. :(

I for one will be disappointed when we eventually sign "Bag  O'Shite" from  Derry Town

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTiJLZCfGGaP7zdvvS6zYfkwytHIasxnsnPJ2S0V7tnlX8j7omHQ

If I was on the coaching staff I don't think I'd be able to resist shouting 'Kemen, don't bullshit me'.

Why would he bullshit anyone?  The boy has come with great rekemendation.

:anguish:

You're going to anguish the single solitary pun that shows any sort of actual wit?

Aww..bless. He has arrived all bright eyed and bushy tailed, fresh and full of the dreams and hopes of taking his game to the next level.

Shame our coaching staff do their best to deconstruct any talent and progress, then suck any creative thought from within them.

It is a wonder we are still getting young players given our track record for ruining or misusing them.

Good young signing last year.

This year's is OK.

God help next season's. :(

I for one will be disappointed when we eventually sign "Bag  O'Shite" from  Derry Town

:okay:

• 3 months later...

http://www.lepopulaire.fr/limousin/sports/actualite/football/2013/10/12/rencontre-avec-lun-des-habitues-des-selections-jeunes-1723124.html

Interview with him there, didn't realise he was the U-18s captain for France. Main snippets...

"It's a family club and I like the city. Also, I understand nearly everything now"....

"I try to do things well, I listen to a lot and take in everything I can. Which area must I improve on the most? Everything! I feel I am already experienced enough to train with the senior squad. My mam worries a little. She calls me a lot. ".....

Although he has character and a taste for the joys of independence, having his own house, it is always comforting to feel surrounded. At The Magpies, Olivier is thankful to have found a second family with Hatem Ben Arfa, Mapou Yanga Mbiwa and particularly, Yohan Cabaye who gives good advice since they occupy the same position. "They take care of me", says the youngest of the group.

• 1 year later...

No posts in this thread for 12 months!  Surprising when you consider recent events in our fragile team!

He has been captaining the France U19 team over the last few days and to be honest he looks a bit of a beast!  Looks ready to push into our first team, an unused sub vs Arsenal and maybe the mackems might be a bit much in terms of intensity but, surely before the end of this season...