Sunderland

Nobody

If NUFC had done this after 13 games, we would never have heard the end of it from the media - as it is, Sunderland realized that they had made a mistake and acted on it - as others have said, certain clubs can have the longest serving manager in the PL, lose successive home games by 9-0, avoid relegation by the skin of their teeth on the last day of a season and totally fail to entertain their supporters, yet still hang on to the incumbent responsible, even though he has a poor CV with his previous clubs.....

We would still get grief from Pardew's friends in the press if he got the P60.......its laughable.

Merlin. :thup: I hope this blows up in the mackems faces, ultimately - because they should have never appointed him in the first place. Sadly I believe they will get the new manager bounce just in time for the derby. And there will be Pardew's ready made excuse.

The journalist on SSN this morning was pretty scathing of him. Said that Di Canio banned the players from interacting with the rest of the staff to help them focus...what a knob.

Sacked for chinning a player.

Well on SSN, SunderLOL are saying there is no shortlist yet for the next poor b*****d, so maybe something like that has happened if he's been sacked last night, without a replacement lined-up... especially when one of yesterdays papers claimed he had two league games to try turn it around, or at least stop the rot.

For all those saying they're gutted, haven't you noticed the pattern here? We'll be gutted the next time they sack a manager too. They make appalling appointments.

I think some of us myself included are envious of the incisiveness of their owner.

He sees that he has made a mistake and he tries to rectify it. A stark contrast from Mr Ashley

He is the one constantly making the mistakes that need rectifying.

Would you pat a lad on the back because despite breaking his lasses nose he had the decency to drive her to the hospital.

As Madras said, they could have made the change to stay up without bringing in some mentalist who has since left them bottom, signed practically a new squad of dross players and brought a shit load of negative attention due to his political beliefs.

He has set them back massively and It's going to take a lot of time/miracles to sort it all out.

Shearer sticking the knife in :lol:

Shearer told BBC Sport: "I'm amazed, I really am amazed. Paolo Di Canio hasn't changed from the guy he was a year ago or two years ago. I assume, maybe naively, that Ellis Short and his chief executive did their homework on Paolo before they went and hired him to do the job at Sunderland."So they knew what his man-management style was like, it is very different."For them to give him £19million to spend in the summer and the power to let players like Stephane Sessegnon leave and then five games into the season say 'I'm sorry but what we've seen so far is not good enough, we're getting rid of you, we're sacking you' - I'm absolutely staggered."

Sacked for chinning a player.

Well on SSN, SunderLOL are saying there is no shortlist yet for the next poor b*****d, so maybe something like that has happened if he's been sacked last night, without a replacement lined-up... especially when one of yesterdays papers claimed he had two league games to try turn it around, or at least stop the rot.

News will probably break of it shortly as Sunderland have no reason to protect Di Canio.

Guest neesy111

Was Di Fanti not an appointment recommended by Di Canio?

Yeap.

Also, I do not believe Di Canio would had taken someone else buying his players without kicking off.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/10327204/Paolo-Di-Canio-sacked-by-Sunderland-following-Premier-League-3-0-defeat-to-West-Bromwich-Albion.html

The final straw came when he laid into them on Sunday but was stunned when senior players – thought to have been led by the man he stripped of the captaincy – Lee Cattermole, turned the blame back on him.

Short has been alarmed by reports from staff about Di Canio’s behaviour in recent weeks and with results so poor he has acted to prevent an error in judgment becoming catastrophic.

Was Di Fanti with him at Swindon?

Used to be at Inter/Udinese IIRC.

Judging by their recruitment I think it's fair to say he was a large sway in it at least, it is his job after all. Di Canio was Head Coach.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/10327204/Paolo-Di-Canio-sacked-by-Sunderland-following-Premier-League-3-0-defeat-to-West-Bromwich-Albion.html

The final straw came when he laid into them on Sunday but was stunned when senior players – thought to have been led by the man he stripped of the captaincy – Lee Cattermole, turned the blame back on him.

Short has been alarmed by reports from staff about Di Canio’s behaviour in recent weeks and with results so poor he has acted to prevent an error in judgment becoming catastrophic.

Haha... be even funnier if it turns out that it was 'Catts' that he chinned. :))

In some respects Short will feel  they were doomed without him last year. The 'new manager' bounce kept them up. His error of judgement was in backing him to the tune of almost £20m which means there's yet more turd for the next guy to try to polish.

Sunderland actually need a relegation in the same way many would argue we did. A good clear out and a fresh start with a sensible manager is what they need.

They're still trying to sort out Bruce's mess, MON's mess and now PDC's - all of whom will be on big money and nobody would want them.