Sunderland

Nobody

Don't get the RDM love-in.  He was mediocre at WBA.

It's more the idea that we are still stuck with AP. And he's a manager who isn't AP. So therefore I think we are at least 12 points better with anyone else in charge atm.

I actually think Pulis and Sunderland are quite a good match. He would get them organised and the fans would respond to the graft and work-rate that he'd insist on. Wouldn't be pretty to watch but winning ugly is still winning at the end of the day. Actually hope they don't get him.

Agree.

I actually think Pulis and Sunderland are quite a good match. He would get them organised and the fans would respond to the graft and work-rate that he'd insist on. Wouldn't be pretty to watch but winning ugly is still winning at the end of the day. Actually hope they don't get him.

Yup. He'll get them safe, no doubt about that IMO.

He won't get them loads further than that, but he'll do enough. i.e. basically what their current general level is, floating around lower mid-table.

It didn't work with O'Neill whos is probably a better version of the same type of manager.

Pulis spent years and years getting stoke to where they were. He selected every player and coach to play how he wanted to, he had the fans onside for all that time (bar the end) because he got them there. He'll struggle to get anything out of this squad IMO, and the fans will be on his back from the off, that's the ones who'll turn up as a lot of them feel totally dejected right now and are just looking for an excuse to stay away.

Almost everything is different there compared to when he was at stoke. It won't work again unless he is given bags of time and allowed a full overhaul of the squad, something not even afforded to the mackem supporting tattoo bearing fully decorated Martin Oneill.

Pulis spent years and years getting stoke to where they were. He selected every player and coach to play how he wanted to, he had the fans onside for all that time (bar the end) because he got them there. He'll struggle to get anything out of this squad IMO, and the fans will be on his back from the off, that's the ones who'll turn up as a lot of them feel totally dejected right now and are just looking for an excuse to stay away.

Almost everything is different there compared to when he was at stoke. It won't work again unless he is given bags of time and allowed a full overhaul of the squad, something not even afforded to the mackem supporting tattoo bearing fully decorated Martin Oneill.

:lol:

:lol: it's true though, he'd want his type of players, ironically Sunderland sold a load of them to him and he got them playing better than they were down the road.

Cattermole, the return of bardsley, Vaughan, fletcher, O'shit, brown & Larrson nailed on starters every game fit, therefore meaning all of PDCs imports, all 14 and £19m of them are pretty much surplus to requirements 5 games in. Incredible.

Make a decent appointment and they'll be fine. They still have a better side than Hull, Palace and maybe one or two others and aren't adrift. Someone who can grind out the points would keep them up. Can't imagine it'd be Pulis if they haven't binned off the DoF though, would be leftfield.

Make a decent appointment and they'll be fine. They still have a better side than Hull, Palace and maybe one or two others and aren't adrift. Someone who can grind out the points would keep them up. Can't imagine it'd be Pulis if they haven't binned off the DoF though, would be leftfield.

I'm sure they're scouring the J League for the next Wenger as we speak.