Sunderland

Nobody

will any manager be able to make something from the hotch potch players di canio has left them with (interesting to see on RTG much blame for the hierarchy at SAFC who sold the better players and bought rubbish.............not di canio doing though ?), will Short fund another overhaul of playing staff ?

The average life expectancy of a PL manager is ludicrously low these days, but I think you can forgive this one. Absolutely terrible appointment and it was painfully obvious what a terrible effect he was having on them.

As a long-term appointment, aye.

As a short term way to avoid relegation and keep them on the PL gravy train, he did enough to keep the club solvent.

The average life expectancy of a PL manager is ludicrously low these days, but I think you can forgive this one. Absolutely terrible appointment and it was painfully obvious what a terrible effect he was having on them.

As a long-term appointment, aye.

As a short term way to avoid relegation and keep them on the PL gravy train, he did enough to keep the club solvent.

it worked, doesn't mean it was a good appointemnt. many could have kept them up without the wreckage it caused, then and now. IMO of course.

Imagine how unbearable the yanks on here would be if they appointed Bob Bradley :lol:

Nah, he has no affect on the national team anymore. It would be nice to see an American manager, but his success would directly result in Sunderland doing well, not the same as Altidore. Plus he's stayed with Egypt with so much already, he's not going to leave for Sunderland.

If NUFC had done this after 13 games, we would never have heard the end of it from the media - as it is, Sunderland realized that they had made a mistake and acted on it - as others have said, certain clubs can have the longest serving manager in the PL, lose successive home games by 9-0, avoid relegation by the skin of their teeth on the last day of a season and totally fail to entertain their supporters, yet still hang on to the incumbent responsible, even though he has a poor CV with his previous clubs.....

We would still get grief from Pardew's friends in the press if he got the P60.......its laughable.

PDC is still being defended by some on RTG. I'm getting the pop corn in for when the dressing room stories come out. Should be fun. The real pity is that Short has reacted so early into the season; must have been choas over at the sol.

For all those saying they're gutted, haven't you noticed the pattern here? We'll be gutted the next time they sack a manager too. They make appalling appointments.

I think some of us myself included are envious of the incisiveness of their owner.

He sees that he has made a mistake and he tries to rectify it. A stark contrast from Mr Ashley

For all those saying they're gutted, haven't you noticed the pattern here? We'll be gutted the next time they sack a manager too. They make appalling appointments.

So do we by all accounts, but we dont pretend they are class and make little sayings about them. Cant wait to get to work n see the horrible fuckers crying at their desks.

Although one of them says they should replace managers every few games as honeymoon period they always seem to have would keep them up :lol: