Sunderland

Nobody

Scored just as many as Cisse this season.

Hush now, it doesn't fit the narrative.

What a load of sweaty arse crack.  :lol: Cisse gets enough criticism in his own thread and several others round here, you've justified comparing jozy with the most out of form player on our books. Cracking, he's Americas best player as well yeah?  :lol:

Your boy has been shit so far, equally as shite as his hull days. Hopefully for you he'll score against us and you can be proud of your nations talents once again.

First, I've never claimed he's our best player. He's not. I've only ever claimed he's better than he's given credit for by some of you hellbent on your anti-Mackem/anti-Yank crusade.

He has not been shit. Next to Giaccherini, he has easily been the best player on a very poor team. RVP himself wouldn't be scoring for Sunderland at the moment, they're just that bad. And to pre-empt your next quip, no, that statement is not akin to saying "Altidore is just as good as RVP."

His hold-up play has been quite good, he makes smart passes, and he can rip off a good shot. When he gets the ball, which is few and far between. Amazing how whenever he receives service for the U.S., he scores. Whenever he received service for AZ, he scored. Of course, 'CONCACAF and the Eredivisie are shit' blah blah blah and all that utter nonsense.

It's funny that, for instance, "Sessegnon was their best player over the past few years, albeit bang average." Now that he no longer plays for Sunderland, "he's a really good player." Some of you are utterly incapable of objectivity when it comes to Sunderland. It's a childishness that extends far beyond football and, from outsiders' perspectives, is wildly pathetic. Sunderland is a nothing team from a nothing city with no history. If you want to be taken seriously by the rest of the country (and, despite pretending not to care, so many of you constantly bemoan the fact that Newcastle is slighted by southerners), stop comparing yourselves to Sunderland and start comparing yourselves to the Liverpools and Manchesters of the football world. Hold yourselves to a higher standard.

:lol:

I'm quite ashamed I caught one so big. Apologies for making you look like a soft tart.  :lol:

It doesn't change the fact that what I said was correct. I'm hardly the only foreigner, here or otherwise, with that perception of the northeast.

Nailed on that Altidore is going to score his first league goal in the derby.

be interesting to see how the American Toons react to this.

They'd be delighted.

It would depend on the outcome, really.

He was like a dog chasing a balloon today when he tried to dribble

I preferred his no shots on target. Always a good stat to maintain when you're playing lone forward.

At least his passing and link up play was good...Oh wait...he had the worst pass completion rate of all 20 outfield players and even Mignolet had a better one than him.

Big lad though so fair play to him on that. He's done well there.

Nailed on that Altidore is going to score his first league goal in the derby.

be interesting to see how the American Toons react to this.

They'd be delighted.

It would depend on the outcome, really.

I don't see how Altidore scoring against us is a good outcome, even if we won 5-1.

Dempsey and Reyna, the two Americans who were unquestionably successful in the league. Like I said, this is something I've found across the internet, not just here.

There's no doubt Americans are pretty defensive about our own players, more than most. Probably because we're a developing team with some decent players and a few good ones, but there's no doubt from my time on various forums since following football that there is a bias against American players due to our past shitness. The opinions on here about Altidore are coming from people who have barely seen him play and just completely off base.

I think it's also patriotism, of a higher level than exists here. I personally could not give a fuck if England do well, I hate most of the team, and have no affiliation to them. Difference is I was born in newcastle and the only team I care about is NUFC. If one of my mates played for Sunderland I'd want him to fail. That's just how it is. It's completely different for dem forrins, who don't have that innate connection to the club IMO. I don't think it's a bad thing, just  different

:thup: I tried to say the same thing multiple times after Altidore was signed by Sunderland. We come from a different nation and continent, it's not surprising we approach football differently. I hate Sunderland, truly hate them, but I love the US national team more. Wanting one player to succeed for our sake does not mean we want the club to do well.

What a load of sweaty arse crack.  :lol: Cisse gets enough criticism in his own thread and several others round here, you've justified comparing jozy with the most out of form player on our books. Cracking, he's Americas best player as well yeah?  :lol:

Your boy has been shit so far, equally as shite as his hull days. Hopefully for you he'll score against us and you can be proud of your nations talents once again.

First, I've never claimed he's our best player. He's not. I've only ever claimed he's better than he's given credit for by some of you hellbent on your anti-Mackem/anti-Yank crusade.

He has not been shit. Next to Giaccherini, he has easily been the best player on a very poor team. RVP himself wouldn't be scoring for Sunderland at the moment, they're just that bad. And to pre-empt your next quip, no, that statement is not akin to saying "Altidore is just as good as RVP."

His hold-up play has been quite good, he makes smart passes, and he can rip off a good shot. When he gets the ball, which is few and far between. Amazing how whenever he receives service for the U.S., he scores. Whenever he received service for AZ, he scored. Of course, 'CONCACAF and the Eredivisie are shit' blah blah blah and all that utter nonsense.

It's funny that, for instance, "Sessegnon was their best player over the past few years, albeit bang average." Now that he no longer plays for Sunderland, "he's a really good player." Some of you are utterly incapable of objectivity when it comes to Sunderland. It's a childishness that extends far beyond football and, from outsiders' perspectives, is wildly pathetic. Sunderland is a nothing team from a nothing city with no history. If you want to be taken seriously by the rest of the country (and, despite pretending not to care, so many of you constantly bemoan the fact that Newcastle is slighted by southerners), stop comparing yourselves to Sunderland and start comparing yourselves to the Liverpools and Manchesters of the football world. Hold yourselves to a higher standard.

I'm quite ashamed I caught one so big. Apologies for making you look like a soft tart.  :lol:

It doesn't change the fact that what I said was correct. I'm hardly the only foreigner, here or otherwise, with that perception of the northeast.

No it wasn't. Saying that Altidore has looked shit this season isn't comparing Newcastle and Sunderland, it's just saying he's looked shit. You were the one who compared him with Cisse. I don't care which nation he's from, I really don't. He's looked terrible, and I came into the Sunderland thread to mention it, not the USA thread. Just shut up.

Tbf you haven't got a clue about the north east, and never will. But that's something else entirely.

I very much dislike Dempsey. Purely for that Hat Trick he somehow scored against us.

Mixed feelings from the Americkems no doubt after that game.

It was godawful, the entirety of the American media was celebrating and I felt sick. Did not get one ounce of joy out of it.

I preferred his no shots on target. Always a good stat to maintain when you're playing lone forward.

At least his passing and link up play was good...Oh wait...he had the worst pass completion rate of all 20 outfield players and even Mignolet had a better one than him.

:lol: :lol:

Dempsey and Reyna, the two Americans who were unquestionably successful in the league. Like I said, this is something I've found across the internet, not just here.

There's no doubt Americans are pretty defensive about our own players, more than most. Probably because we're a developing team with some decent players and a few good ones, but there's no doubt from my time on various forums since following football that there is a bias against American players due to our past shitness. The opinions on here about Altidore are coming from people who have barely seen him play and just completely off base.

I think it's also patriotism, of a higher level than exists here. I personally could not give a fuck if England do well, I hate most of the team, and have no affiliation to them. Difference is I was born in newcastle and the only team I care about is NUFC. If one of my mates played for Sunderland I'd want him to fail. That's just how it is. It's completely different for dem forrins, who don't have that innate connection to the club IMO. I don't think it's a bad thing, just  different

:thup: I tried to say the same thing multiple times after Altidore was signed by Sunderland. We come from a different nation and continent, it's not surprising we approach football differently. I hate Sunderland, truly hate them, but I love the US national team more. Wanting one player to succeed for our sake does not mean we want the club to do well.

As in Claudio Reyna? Who played 28 league games in 3 years?

:lol: :lol:

No it wasn't. Saying that Altidore has looked shit this season isn't comparing Newcastle and Sunderland, it's just saying he's looked shit. You were the one who compared him with Cisse. I don't care which nation he's from, I really don't. He's looked terrible, and I came into the Sunderland thread to mention it, not the USA thread. Just shut up.

Well, you've certainly told me now.