Sunderland

Nobody

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Ki's nothing special and it's this that makes him important to their midfield. He keeps his passes as short and simple as his name. He does bomb forward too but pushes up gradually so they always have decent shape. The fact he doesn't have the killer pass is probably why Laudrup didn't keep hold of him

Ki's nothing special and it's this that makes him important to their midfield. He keeps his passes as short and simple as his name. He does bomb forward too but pushes up gradually so they always have decent shape. The fact he doesn't have the killer pass is probably why Laudrup didn't keep hold of him

Ki has played exactly how Anita should be playing the last few times I've watched him.

BfzfPkzCQAAQ2iP.jpg

GRAB YOURS NOW, MARRA!

OK, so the A1973  to Wembley is because it's the last time they won a cup, the A0303 is for the two 3-0s, why are they (presumably) commemorating our 1969 Fairs Cup victory with the pretend road to Newcastle?  or did something else happen in 1969, like three mackems fighting off 50,0000 screaming jawdees in pink lane?  Or could they not think of anything for that one and just thought "lol 69"?

I'm sure you get given a bit of leeway when making up a joke, bickering over whether it's a zero or an O doesn't really matter, you get the point. It's relatively amusing, arguing about it just makes us look bitter and 'rattled'.

I'm serious, when did that change?  It was just wembley when i left.

Wembley is still Wembley FFS! The O2 arena is on the other side of London, big white thing, used to be the Millennium Dome? She was confused and thought otherwise. Hence hilarity ensued (in my head)

Yep, suck it up lads, they've had plenty of stick.  Its our turn now.

aye, that's football I'm afraid.  We milked it when we beat them 4-1 and 5-1 not too long ago,  and when we were in the champions league while they were in the championship. They should have a cautious glance at the league table and proximity to the relegation zone before mouthing off too much though.

OK, it's back down to Earth this week, and the first visit of Steve Bruce since we peddled him. TBH I've got nothing against the bloke, and some of the stick he gets from some of our fans is not deserved. There are some threads on SMB discussing how we should welcome him back. I think it would be nice if we just treat him as another manager, and get behind our players. The  3 points tomorrow are a must, and we don't need the distraction of a Steve Bruce sideshow. Not even a draw is good enough when you look at our up coming fixtures.

Oh, and I'm loving the protracted debate regarding the 03 name  :lol:

OK, it's back down to Earth this week, and the first visit of Steve Bruce since we peddled him. TBH I've got nothing against the bloke, and some of the stick he gets from some of our fans is not deserved. There are some threads on SMB discussing how we should welcome him back. I think it would be nice if we just treat him as another manager, and get behind our players. The  3 points tomorrow are a must, and we don't need the distraction of a Steve Bruce sideshow. Not even a draw is good enough when you look at our up coming fixtures.

Oh, and I'm loving the protracted debate regarding the 03 name  :lol:

I had nothing much against Bruce. He had to go when he had to go. It's what happened afterwards that made me turn. All the stuff in the press about how he wasn't given a chance because he was a Geordie etc. The bloke conveniently forgot that two of our best players had been sold and been replaced with the distinctly average (his doing) and on the pitch we had turned to shit and would probably have gone down under him. The man is a complete tool.

I had nothing much against Bruce. He had to go when he had to go. It's what happened afterwards that made me turn. All the stuff in the press about how he wasn't given a chance because he was a Geordie etc. The bloke conveniently forgot that two of our best players had been sold and been replaced with the distinctly average (his doing) and on the pitch we had turned to s*** and would probably have gone down under him. The man is a complete tool.

You may not have noticed but players who have come to us with a mackem connection always seem to get better treatment from us than anybody with a connection to us gets from a lot of your fans.

I had nothing much against Bruce. He had to go when he had to go. It's what happened afterwards that made me turn. All the stuff in the press about how he wasn't given a chance because he was a Geordie etc. The bloke conveniently forgot that two of our best players had been sold and been replaced with the distinctly average (his doing) and on the pitch we had turned to s*** and would probably have gone down under him. The man is a complete tool.

You may not have noticed but players who have come to us with a mackem connection always seem to get better treatment from us than anybody with a connection to us gets from a lot of your fans.

I genuinely don't see it. Aren't Johnson and Colback both Newcastle fans? As long as the stuff on the pitch is right then I doubt anyone cares.

I genuinely don't see it. Aren't Johnson and Colback both Newcastle fans? As long as the stuff on the pitch is right then I doubt anyone cares.

I'll raise you Bruce, Clark and Chopra. Against that Paul Bracewell, Barry Venison, Alan Brown, Michael Bridges and Jeff Clarke.  Not one of those ex mackems were given the slightest bit of stick, even when they were finished and playing poorly.

I'll raise you Bruce, Clark and Chopra. Against that Paul Bracewell, Barry Venison, Alan Brown, Michael Bridges and Jeff Clarke.  Not one of those ex mackems were given the slightest bit of stick, even when they were finished and playing poorly.

Fair enough

Fair enough

I know it's not all mackem fans so I'm not tarring you all with it.  Some of your lot seem to hate us more than they like your own team, I honestly heard some mackem fans before the derby saying they would rather beat us than stay up and that's madness.

Clark was never turned on by the crowd when playing poorly. He rarely did from what I can remember. The hatred started after he wore a t-shirt with Sad Mackem Bastards written on it iirc (I was eleven at the time). Even Chopra I don't recall being turned on until after he left and started giving it the big one on twitter and the like

Fair enough

I know it's not all mackem fans so I'm not tarring you all with it.  Some of your lot seem to hate us more than they like your own team, I honestly heard some mackem fans before the derby saying they would rather beat us than stay up and that's madness.

The fans you refer to should hang their heads in shame imo. I enjoyed the derby results a lot but would have happily taken two pastings if it meant staying up after the start we had. (Contradictory I know as the results of the two games reversed and we'd still be bottom now)

Clark was never turned on by the crowd when playing poorly. He rarely did from what I can remember. The hatred started after he wore a t-shirt with Sad Mackem b******s written on it iirc (I was eleven at the time). Even Chopra I don't recall being turned on until after he left and started giving it the big one on twitter and the like

I seem to remember Chopra getting loads of stick while he was with you.