Sunderland

Nobody

These face financial meltdown if they get relegated.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/safc-made-%C2%A323m-loss-last-year.893176/

no profits there...

This is a club whose owners seem to actually want to do well. Money is spent. Managers come and go through a revolving door and they still can't make any progress. Meanwhile Ashley couldn't give a s**t and we've still been in europe recently and even now we're only a couple of places behind their best ever prem' finish of 7th, almost by accident.

Really just puts into context the difference like. :lol:

Probably the most non interested the club has been from the owner to the fans, and we're still close to their best finish in at least 50-60 years?

There was a great Mackem phoned total sport tonight. Just kept saying "But wa still second bottom, man!" over and over.

Then another phoned in mentioning the amount of free tickets at the last home match, saying one of his mates got 16 himself!! :lol:

The 1st call was hilarious.  He said their players beat Newcastle and think it's job done. Was saying how people are threatening to give up their season tickets.  He was so irate he was at times speechless.  Excellent.

Don't really see the point in free tickets. Surely the club make basically the same money if the seats empty. What's the point in pissing of your paying fans on the off chance one for the FTM's might buy an over pieced burger?

More people buying food and drink, better support for the team?

Edit: Just read the end of your post :lol: surely they must make a fair bit from the food, drink, programme sales etc..? That being said from the amount of plastic bags on the pitch most take their own.

Don't really see the point in free tickets. Surely the club make basically the same money if the seats empty. What's the point in pissing of your paying fans on the off chance one for the FTM's might buy an over pieced burger?

More people buying food and drink, better support for the team?

More litter on the pitch. More screaming racist charvas turning on the team?

I wouldn't bet on Norwich beating anybody right now.

Neither would I but I still fancy them against the mackems who seem less than well-suited to teams that won't mind if they drop deep.

According to a mackem I spoke to this morning they are doing 2 seats for £10 deals for the next game. They must be desperate to get people in.

They did the £10 a ticket deal for their last game v Crystal Palace and they're also doing it for their next 2 home games to try and get a crowd in. In their latest set of accounts for last season their total gate reciepts for league and cup were only £12.6m and that was despite almost 850,000 fans passing through the turnstiles meaning the average supporter paid less than £15 a ticket. However the cheapest adult season ticket cost £400 working out at £21 a game, the dearest £795 (£41 a game) and general sale admission prices were £25-£50 (£10-£15 for under 16s) which shows that they are literally giving away and heavily discounting 1000's of tickets every week to have such a small revenue/seat. They even had to do it when they played us.

We all knew this anyway but when you look at the figures it hits home how many people they are letting in for nowt and practically nowt. Why anyone would buy a season ticket there I don't know.

I've got a feeling Norwich will hammer these on Saturday 3-0 or 3-1 if palace beat us which I suspect will happen and WBA beat hull the mackems could be 6 adrift by Saturday night

Wishful thinking all that.

Isn't Feltcher f***ed as well?

not quite sure- mind if your reply was to me , you've misunderstood, I was talking about scoring goals.

True, but surely he's their best option, or has he done a Cisse?

Fletcher has been rotten all season, so he won't be missed. I'd play Borini up front on his own because him and Johnson seem to be our only attacking threats.

I'd take a draw at Norwich, simply because they look to have a lot more goals in them than us at the minute.

Guest neesy111

I'd take a draw at Norwich, simply because they look to have a lot more goals in them than us at the minute.

Not sure about that tbh.

Why anyone would buy a season ticket there I don't know.

There is still conditions to it though, they mostly get given to the university and city council. Unless your a student or work at either of these then you are probably unlikely to be given a ticket. It's not like they are literally handing them out outside the ground before the match.

There is still conditions to it though, they mostly get given to the university and city council. Unless your a student or work at either of these then you are probably unlikely to be given a ticket. It's not like they are literally handing them out outside the ground before the match.

I've lived in Sunderland all my life, and I've never been offered a free ticket. My kids will come home from school with special offers (£20 for two tickets) but that's once a year.

I've lived in Sunderland all my life, and I've never been offered a free ticket. My kids will come home from school with special offers (£20 for two tickets) but that's once a year.

We got the odd one for a tenner when we were in primary school. Fourteen years ago now but I've never had a free ticket either. I'm missing out.

We got the odd one for a tenner when we were in primary school. Fourteen years ago now but I've never had a free ticket either. I'm missing out.

Well this is odd....close family friend gets tickets mailed to him on a regular basis, on account of his work with Sunderland City Council in his role as a foster carer. By the way - He hasn't fostered any bairns for about 5 years, and living in North Shields ('MAG TERRITRY FTM!!!') every ticket goes straight in the bin. You want them?

Well this is odd....close family friend gets tickets mailed to him on a regular basis, on account of his work with Sunderland City Council in his role as a foster carer. By the way - He hasn't fostered any bairns for about 5 years, and living in North Shields ('MAG TERRITRY FTM!!!') every ticket goes straight in the bin. You want them?

Send them my way if you want...

Send them my way if you want...

Will try, havent seen him in a while......would rather they went to a fan than a freebie