Sunderland

Nobody

Quite unbelievable, though of course amusing for us, that when Poyet threw the game against Hull, and with it almost certain European qualification, they also lost all heart and have gone from a possible mid table finish to almost relegation certainties.

It has to be one of the biggest managerial fuck ups of all time.

Not quite on the same level as handing  your relegated local rivals a quarter of their points this season after granting them an extra season in the premier league last time round.

Recorded my mate when he called up TS on the eve of this season saying he was 'cautiously optimistic' for the year ahead and that the club was 'finally going in a clear direction'

That bit's true, at least.

They have generally looked a very poor side all season and the cup run just a flash in the pan, but leaving SJP after the 0-3 somebody made a comment about them still going down and I said there is no way they will go down now.

It's taken a fuck up of spectacular magnitude to put them where they are a couple of months later.

I've not been on here for a while as my time has been mainly taken up by my extra counselling sessions, and long ponderous walks in the country  :(

At the time of that thread there were plenty of us Sunderland fans on there posting that the season was going to be a disaster, and we we shot down with the usual Mag kernt, WUM or bedwetter responses. I was accused of being all three for politely pointing out that this season was going to be a disaster, based purely on what recent SAFC history has taught us and that DI Canio and Di Fanti were useless. Sadly, and predictably, I was right.

It actually looks like we'll probably be relegated before our last two homes games. I bet those are a barrel of laughs, and I wouldn't much fancy being a Sunderland player on those two days.

The season hasn't been all bad. Taking six points from you lot, and the cup final were fantastic, and something I though I'd never see as a Sunderland fan, and I'll always look at those days with  happiness. But the overriding feeling I'll get when it all comes to it's inevitable conclusion "oh well, we're down again", which in itself is quite damning.

We have to stick with Poyet, as constantly changing managers has been a nightmare. But he must git rid of the poison we've accumulated over the last 4 or 5 years, and start again in the Championship. Many Sunderland fans, and some fans from other clubs, think we'll come straight back up. I don't. I think the play-offs would be a more realistic target, and would be happy with that.

I'm obviously disappointed with the way the season has gone, but it's came as no surprise, and the blow has been softened by the fact that many of us seen it coming.

I know it's a cliché, but fuck it. Sunderland til I die !

I've not been on here for a while as my time has been mainly taken up by my extra counselling sessions, and long ponderous walks in the country  :(

At the time of that thread there were plenty of us Sunderland fans on there posting that the season was going to be a disaster, and we we shot down with the usual Mag kernt, WUM or bedwetter responses. I was accused of being all three for politely pointing out that this season was going to be a disaster, based purely on what recent SAFC history has taught us and that DI Canio and Di Fanti were useless. Sadly, and predictably, I was right.

It actually looks like we'll probably be relegated before our last two homes games. I bet those are a barrel of laughs, and I wouldn't much fancy being a Sunderland player on those two days.

The season hasn't been all bad. Taking six points from you lot, and the cup final were fantastic, and something I though I'd never see as a Sunderland fan, and I'll always look at those days with  happiness. But the overriding feeling I'll get when it all comes to it's inevitable conclusion "oh well, we're down again", which in itself is quite damning.

We have to stick with Poyet, as constantly changing managers has been a nightmare. But he must git rid of the poison we've accumulated over the last 4 or 5 years, and start again in the Championship. Many Sunderland fans, and some fans from other clubs, think we'll come straight back up. I don't. I think the play-offs would be a more realistic target, and would be happy with that.

I'm obviously disappointed with the way the season has gone, but it's came as no surprise, and the blow has been softened by the fact that many of us seen it coming.

I know it's a cliché, but f*** it. Sunderland til I die !

the thing of it is that if you somehow survive, I'd reckon you'd have had a better season than us with the cup runs and the derbies. If we don't change manager and invest (lololol) pretty good chance of us joining you in the championship next season anyway

the thing of it is that if you somehow survive, I'd reckon you'd have had a better season than us with the cup runs and the derbies. If we don't change manager and invest (lololol) pretty good chance of us joining you in the championship next season anyway

Really? Far too much in your squad for that to happen I reckon.

you mean like duff, owen, viduka, martins, colloccini, beye, bassong, etc, etc

Valid point. If you can keep Remy or bring in someone similar you should be fine though.

Valid point. If you can keep Remy or bring in someone similar you should be fine though.

There is the main issue. We aren't keeping Remy (he won't even play for us anymore) and we have seen how good we are at bringing in the right sort of people. Regardless, if the current arsewipe of an excuse of a manager is still here it doesn't matter what players we have. The players we have now aren't playing for him anymore so we are fucked either way. At least your pain is almost over, we can see a long degenerative illness taking hold before we succumb.

Can't gloat at the Mackems when they have beaten us twice and we are so shit.

Doesn't mean you can't still derive some enjoyment from it though. We've got fuck all else to smile over.

Guest neesy111

Can't gloat at the Mackems when they have beaten us twice and we are so shit.

Doesn't mean you can't still derive some enjoyment from it though. We've got fuck all else to smile over.

Yeap.