Sunderland

Nobody

Guest Phil K

What facts did you post? That was entirely subjective. All of these posts are. :lol:

ALL posts are "subjective" surely ?

Danny Graham going on loan to Hull.

That's fast.

It leaves them with Fletcher and Altidore as their first-team strikers?

Wickham is still there ain't he?

PDC doesn't like his dress sense though.

Giaccherini is a great player, but i do think the main reason he looks such a good signing is because we have a shortage of wingers. If he had similar level of ability but was a center-mid (hard to qualify this but you get my point) then I would not be concerned.

I hate being THAT person who says these things but Altidore's first good season was in Holland. He has flopped in this league in the past. He may be better but I would say he is unproven with the only evidence so far counting against him.

Guidetti could be great if they sign him, or he could be another Bendtner.

They all need to gel under a manager with little experience next season. If they get midtable next season, I would begin to worry. As of now, I'm more concerned about us.

Giaccherini is a great player, but i do think the main reason he looks such a good signing is because we have a shortage of wingers. If he had similar level of ability but was a center-mid (hard to qualify this but you get my point) then I would not be concerned.

I hate being THAT person who says these things but Altidore's first good season was in Holland. He has flopped in this league in the past. He may be better but I would say he is unproven with the only evidence so far counting against him.

They all need to gel under a manager with little experience next season. If they get midtable next season, I would begin to worry. As of now, I'm more concerned about us.

MACKEM

MACKEM

Only time i set foot in cheesey chips land was for a gig 6 years ago :)

How many clubs have had a massive turnaround in players in a single transfer window then went on to have a successful season in the Premier League?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00731/sport-graphics-2004_731589a.jpg

How many clubs have had a massive turnaround in players in a single transfer window then went on to have a successful season in the Premier League?

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00731/sport-graphics-2004_731589a.jpg

Correct, there's one...

Guest Roger Kint

QPR.

Probably the only one at their level that stands out. Spurs do it nigh on every bastard season to varying success but its always a higher standard than the mackems.

Guess it all depends on how your current squad is and the quality of the player you bring in. Spurs have a stable and strong squad, and their buys are almost always good. Coupled with proper bedding in, it may not matter that much.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1_2012_x.html

Look at the number of transfers. (Not all first teamers obviously)

The level of those players is slightly different though...

I let P have that one even though the context wasn't pointing towards that standard but it was a correct answer to my question technically… but the fact no other teams can be truly mentioned in which this ends well speaks volumes. Not worried about the mackems in the slightest. Ticking time bomb as far as I am concerned.

What strikes me is they are trying to follow our policy of recruitment apparently but they are not.  It is interesting when you see the media portray us as unearthing these gems through Carr but when we sign someone for the first team I know who they are, generally very well thought of in their respective leagues.  To me seems they have signed a load of complete unknowns.  I haven't heard of most of their signings but  I'm not saying they'll be good or bad, just saying they don't seem to have any form of proven record for the most part that would infer they may be good enough for the premier league.  They could all turn out to be superstars but realistically they'll be lucky if one or 2 of them are good enough Altidore (who we know is not good enough) and Giacherini aside.

What strikes me is they are trying to follow our policy of recruitment apparently but they are not.  It is interesting when you see the media portray us as unearthing these gems through Carr but when we sign someone for the first team I know who they are, generally very well thought of in their respective leagues.  To me seems they have signed a load of complete unknowns.  I haven't heard of most of their signings but  I'm not saying they'll be good or bad, just saying they don't seem to have any form of proven record for the most part that would infer they may be good enough for the premier league.  They could all turn out to be superstars but realistically they'll be lucky if one or 2 of them are good enough Altidore (who we know is not good enough) and Giacherini aside.

thats exactly what I've been saying. only tiote was not known to many. cisse,ba, cabaye, mapou, debuchy, sissoko, santon (missed out haidara as I'm just thinking of those expected to go into the starting 11) were all reasonably well known to most.

Guest Roger Kint

Sounds a good player, think they'll do well

He cant be worse than the last RB they bought from that league

Does this mean that the mackems will have to throw away all their Irish flags and go out and buy Italian ones?

I assume they all think they are Italian now, you know stylish shoes, nice hair,  a taste for the finer things in life....  There will be a faint aroma of espresso over Sun'lun tonight.