Sunderland

Nobody

Holy crap Giaccherini is 28? I thought he was like an up and coming Italian youngster, 19/20 or something, when I saw him play for Italy recently. Shows how much attention to detail I was paying I guess :)

The reality was that the didn't buy one player I would have here and the same can be said for this summer. We can complain all we want about not signing players but its easy to buy shite that no one else wants.

That's hardly true though. Giaccherini is a quality player, Altidore has a lot of promise, and Cabral/Diakite/Roberge are good squad players.

The reality was that the didn't buy one player I would have here and the same can be said for this summer. We can complain all we want about not signing players but its easy to buy shite that no one else wants.

That's hardly true though. Giaccherini is a quality player, Altidore has a lot of promise, and Cabral/Diakite/Roberge are good squad players.

Typical Yank Mackem defending post. Just because they've got Dozy Thermidore. :p

Cavani himself could side sign for Sunderland (:lol: I know) and some of y'all would be like "Hmph, average at best." Blinders on when it comes to Sunderland.

No one is claiming their signings make them contenders. But as far as improving the side, they've blown us out of the water so far.

It's easier to improve on Gardner, Colback, Graham and Bardsley than equivalents in our first team. Giaccherini is the better signing so far until they get Peruzzi but  - out of the other signings - Mannone/Cabral/Roberge are nothing, Diakite might be decent and I'd rather have Bent than Altidore. To be fair, if they go on to buy rumoured targets like Huddlestone and Rose that would be fairly impressive but I personally don't think they've blown us out of the water. Their squad needed an overhaul whereas ours just needs fine tuning.

It's easier to improve on Gardner, Colback, Graham and Bardsley than equivalents in our first team. Giaccherini is the better signing so far until they get Peruzzi but  - out of the other signings - Mannone/Cabral/Roberge are nothing, Diakite might be decent and I'd rather have Bent than Altidore. To be fair, if they go on to buy rumoured targets like Huddlestone and Rose that would be fairly impressive but I personally don't think they've blown us out of the water. Their squad needed an overhaul whereas ours just needs fine tuning.

Especially considering who they have lost/look to be losing.

They finished a whopping 2 points below us last season. We can shout from the rooftops all we want that we have the better squad, but it's hardly been proven.

If we're gonna have to deal with Pardew/Kinnear knocking back the obvious talent in this side, we'll need more than what we have in order to compensate.

Pardew is utterly fucking clueless, I'm not sure why we should expect that to magically change this season.

Just keeping it real, chaps. Sunderland has improved their lot, we haven't. Simple as. We'll struggle again next season too if things remain as is (and there's been no indication that we're to have a magical summer any time soon).

If we're gonna have to deal with Pardew/Kinnear knocking back the obvious talent in this side, we'll need more than what we have in order to compensate.

Pardew is utterly fucking clueless, I'm not sure why we should expect that to magically change this season.

Did anyone say it will change?  Thought people were just saying our squad of players is of a higher quality than Sunderlands, which I'd agree with.

Player-for-player, yes, I think we do have a better squad. Though it's not good enough to overcompensate for the absolute fuckwittery of manager Alan Pardew. That's what I'm getting at. We've not done a single thing to improve a club that finished 16th.

At the end of the day, it's really not about having the best players at each position.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Player for player playing too many fixtures and getting injured and not playing at all. Ahhl pahjews fault marra

Guest chicken little

if someone offered us a couple of strikers (pretty much any fucking strikers by this point, not least actual internationals), a keeper, plus a mixed-bag of squad-filling lower-prem import shite, i wouldn't turn my nose up like.

Player-for-player, yes, I think we do have a better squad. Though it's not good enough to overcompensate for the absolute fuckwittery of manager Alan Pardew. That's what I'm getting at. We've not done a single thing to improve a club that finished 16th.

At the end of the day, it's really not about having the best players at each position.

Why don't you just cut to the chase and do the combined XI already? ffs.

Why don't you just cut to the chase and do the combined XI already? ffs.

:lol: That avatar man, fucking hell, always gets me.