Sunderland

Nobody

What about his failure in La Liga too? or are we forgetting that?

You do realize he's 23 years old, right? His move to La Liga was a mistake, but he was 18 years old at the time. It's not like players are capable of learning and improving as they age...

Btw £6-8m for an American soccer player is a lot of money.

I'd rather have Altidore for 8mil than Carroll for 30. :lol:

Would you rather Altidore or Cisse?

Cisse's a better player, I'd rather have him.

I think Altidore's capable of being a very good striker for a PL team over the next few years.

Btw £6-8m for an American soccer player is a lot of money.

I'd rather have Altidore for 8mil than Carroll for 30. :lol:

Would you rather Altidore or Cisse?

Altidore.

:yao:

:lol: You asked, I answered. Not gonna say he's better, but he'd bring more to the table. Cisse can't pass or dribble or stay onside. He's good for a Holy Shit goal or...seven. But without someone holding his hand he's a lost man.

What about his failure in La Liga too? or are we forgetting that?

You do realize he's 23 years old, right? His move to La Liga was a mistake, but he was 18 years old at the time. It's not like players are capable of learning and improving as they age...

I'm aware of all this and you might be right.... but i'm quite skeptical considering he failed in two of the strongest leagues and shined in one of the weaker ones.

I'm aware he was young but it seems very coincidental to me.

I'm not having this like, Cisse is a 1 in 2 or 3 striker in two of the hardest leagues in the world whereas Altidore has proved he can score against PEC Zwolle and Panama

Sick of the anti-Zwolle agenda on here by some.

And was crap in all of them :yao:

:lol: You actually saw all of them?

Nah just playing the game mate :lol:

:lol: Fucking guy.

Listen, I don't want things to get heated. All I'm saying is that he's the new Drogba.

As someone who watches him with regularity, he's good enough to play in this league. And I don't just say that because he's American.

I agree that he's good enough to play in the PL. He's just expensive, and not particularly great, though I recognise he is young. It isn't a signing that is going to make me think Sunderland have done "really well".

:lol: Fucking guy.

Listen, I don't want things to get heated. All I'm saying is that he's the new Drogba.

:lol:

:lol: f***ing guy.

What Mike's trying to say is he is a great big mackem, now.

Altidore is just average player, with no special qualities whatsoever, but that makes him one of Sunderland's best attacking players by default, so he'll do fine there.

:lol: Love it

:lol: There would be paragraphs to spare if Jozy was from Nigeria.

As someone who watches him with regularity, he's good enough to play in this league. And I don't just say that because he's American.

I agree that he's good enough to play in the PL. He's just expensive, and not particularly great, though I recognise he is young. It isn't a signing that is going to make me think Sunderland have done "really well".

He's an improvement and they're paying for potential as much as anything. Not the greatest signing in history, but I also never claimed he was going to bring the walls down.