Sunderland

Nobody

Can't say I've watched any of their signings so far except Altidore but Giaccherini looks like a good player. Dangerous game they are playing having so many new players who need to adapt to not only a new club but a new league.

The mass macktracking about players coming from different leagues is a sight to behold.

Can't say I've watched any of their signings so far except Altidore but Giaccherini looks like a good player. Dangerous game they are playing having so many new players who need to adapt to not only a new club but a new league.

The mass macktracking about players coming from different leagues is a sight to behold.

think back to us in January  :blackeye:

Their squad has been full of dross for a long time, so I don't think the turnover of players is a bad thing. Wholesale changes were needed if they wanted to progress and it looks like they're taking place.

Guest WashyGeordie

think back to us in January  :blackeye:

They've bought more than 4 already though haven't they?

Just seems it's going to be like the R. Keane era mk. II for them. They seem to buying quantity but are they actually any quality? Altidore to me just seems Shola-esque, and very average.

Not to mention they've lost 2 of their best players aswell.

:lol: Get the impression that this board would downplay any signing Sunderland made.

"Cavani? Nah he's average. Needs a lot of service which the Mackems won't provide. Pure quantity over quality that."

:lol: Get the impression that this board would downplay any signing Sunderland made.

"Cavani? Nah he's average. Needs a lot of service which the Mackems won't provide. Pure quantity over quality that."

Nope..... if they sign Giaccherini then its a good signing and if they sign that Argentine RB it would be a good signing from what i have heard.

But Diakate, Altidore and Mannone are average.

They'd all be upgrades over what we currently have in the squad, particularly depth-wise. Sunderland is making positive moves to overhaul their team, while we've not made a single positive change yet this offseason.

They'd all be upgrades over what we currently have in the squad, particularly depth-wise. Sunderland is making positive moves to overhaul their team, while we've not made a single positive change yet this offseason.

Nah.... maybe Altidore would but i would rather try and get actual quality that can improve the team than a squad filler.

Also i'm aware we have done nothing so far but so have a lot of teams, quality signings are a lot harder to do than getting squad fillers.

If we still haven't bought anything come start of season then fair enough but its too early to say anything at this point, every team in the division will look a lot different when the season starts.

Even if they overhaul their squad, it won't have the quality of ours.

PDC is doing the right thing by bringing in hungry players and trying to get rid of the older ones. However, the signings they have made are largely underwhelming.

Alot to be said for team spirit though.

Even if they overhaul their squad, it won't have the quality of ours.

PDC is doing the right thing by bringing in hungry players and trying to get rid of the older ones. However, the signings they have made are largely underwhelming.

Alot to be said for team spirit though.

somebody forgot to tell them before the last derby.

This happens with them every summer. Massive changes in the summer completely changing squad. The squad won't gel and they'll struggle by December, manager gets sacked new one comes in does well until end of season. Rinse and repeat.

:lol: Quiet tones...but....they've done really well this summer, haven't they?

They've done decently so far. Really well is a stretch. Mignolet -> Mannone is bad, but I'm aware they'll be going the Westwood route as #1. They've got in some decent names to make up the numbers too.

+ I know you're American, but Jozy's previous stint in the UK was unimpressive. I know his form is good, but he's been scoring in the dutch league, he's far from proven. It's a big risk for that money.

Heard good things on Peruzzi, but never seen him play.