Sunderland

Nobody

Guest Haris Vuckic

That is so sad :lol: and epitomises them for what they are, basically our shadow. We lose and it makes their day, even if they lose. We win and it darkens their day, even if they win. Their existence is based pretty much around our fortunes and not their own club's.

If any of wor lot did that to their motor, I'd disown them. The height of sadness and obsession.

9-1 man. I wonder if they know that defeat actually helped us win the league. That we fielded our reserves and kids basically against their top players not only to give our left out players a kick up the backside after they tried to revolt over something but because we also needed a fresh side to beat Sheff Wed I think, our then rivals for the title.

It didn't help us win the league like. Chelsea was the game after & Forest the game before - Sunderland were a better team than both.

I'm not sure about the supposed strike - but I'd like to think ''The Ultimate Record'' would tell us something about it. It was song long ago it's a mystery but in the end we won the league by 7 points - which is the equivalent of 10 points these days. So we basically walked away with it and we were top for about 80% of the season - 3rd being the lowest we fell - so something was up.

They won both Derbys that year - but we were clearly the best team in the league. Bear in mind it wasn't uncommon for players to be bribed to throw matches (or to bet on the other team so if they didn't get their win bonuses they'd win their bet) & Sunderland were known as the bank of England club

So there's always been something fishy about it - but it was so long ago I doubt we'll find out.

Meanwhile you can buy the 5-1 on DVD.

The 9-1 stuff is truly amazing. It was 1908 ffs

Indeed.  Other selected results from around that time:

1901-02 season: Newcastle 8 - 0 Notts County

1902-03 season: Liverpool 9 - 2 Grimsby Town

1906-07 season: Everton 9 - 1 Manchester City, Aston Villa 8 - 1 "The Wednesday"

1907-08 season: Newcastle 8 - 0 Birmingham, Sunderland 7 - 2 Nottingham Forest, Liverpool 7 - 4 Manchester United

1908-09 season: Nottingham Forest 12 - 0 Leicester Fosse

1911-12 season: "The Wednesday" 8 - 0 Sunderland (lol 8-0 etc)

1912-13 season: Aston Villa 10 - 0 "The Wednesday"

It clearly wasn't that much like modern football, not that this should need pointed out to anyone :lol:

Still going on about a game that happened 105 years ago, they really are a special breed :lol:

Out of interest, did they go on about the 9-1 much before the 5-1? I really don't remember but it's the sort of desperation I would expect from them.

7 points from safety this early in the season. Wouldn't write them off just yet though, Poyet has barely had a chance to work with their squad yet. Really need to beat these on Sunday to keep them well down there. The sooner they are relegated the better.

Watching this programme on shoplifters on Channel 5+1.  They're in sunderland.

How the fuck does the word "out" become "ewt"?!?!

Well your father fucks your grandmother, you are later spawn and create your own language.