Sunderland

Nobody

I do have to question Northumbria police though, it's probably like this across the country so someone will have to explain, but how can a police force not handle two games being played on the same day in cities separated by half an hour?

I don't think it's just the police, stuff like transport would be a major issue if both NUFC and SAFC were to kick off at home on Saturday at 3pm since both clubs draw a large amount of support from outside the respective cities.

Is it like this everywhere in England, West Brom and Aston Villa wouldn't play home games on the same day right? Just hard to comprehend because it happens so much over here in the same city.

West Brom and Villa isn't really a big rivalry. Birmingham City and Aston Villa certainly would never have two home games on the same day, at least when Blues were in the premiership.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bruce is a decent manager at the tope end of the Championship to lower/mid-table of the PL. He will take you up and likely keep you up but that's about it.

I do have to question Northumbria police though, it's probably like this across the country so someone will have to explain, but how can a police force not handle two games being played on the same day in cities separated by half an hour?

I don't think it's just the police, stuff like transport would be a major issue if both NUFC and SAFC were to kick off at home on Saturday at 3pm since both clubs draw a large amount of support from outside the respective cities.

Is it like this everywhere in England, West Brom and Aston Villa wouldn't play home games on the same day right? Just hard to comprehend because it happens so much over here in the same city.

West Brom and Villa isn't really a big rivalry. Birmingham City and Aston Villa certainly would never have two home games on the same day, at least when Blues were in the premiership.

But there close in proximity though right? That's what I thought the restrictions about (well, actually I thought it was down to police as they're the ones who change the derby kickoff). I'm sure if I grew up in the country it would makes sense to me, but it seems like something that could be pulled out pretty easily.

Will be in a pub in Sunderland this weekend for a birthday, sadly I think they will be showing the game. I think West Ham vs Sunderland could be the shittest game I will ever watch

Think it would be quite interesting if you watch it in your newcastle top.

The RTG gibbons have been furiously daisy-chaining each other over some godawful reality docushite about last seasons 'horse punching' derby on Sky One tonight. But as always, they get all confused....

This episode have an old guy retiring?, if so I can't see anything about the match..

I did take it from a torrent like, sure it said ep 1 :confused:

Edit: I bet a mags the uploader and has chopped bits out :lol:

Never mind I think I watching the wrong one, oh dear :oops: :lol:

Why the f*ck would he post all that? No 'remove' function on the shortbus?

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sky-1-now.846556/page-3

Guest Roger Kint

When is the earliest a team has been statistically relegated in the Premiership?

I would imagine Derby when even we couldnt save them

you know, after reading randy savage's thread again, you almost feel sorry for them. If they were a person you know that they'd be from the roughest area, with the parents that couldn't give a shit, crap schooling and too stupid to make a decent fist to make a fist of any of the rare breaks that come their way.

you know, after reading randy savage's thread again, you almost feel sorry for them. If they were a person you know that they'd be from the roughest area, with the parents that couldn't give a shit, crap schooling and too stupid to make a decent fist to make a fist of any of the rare breaks that come their way.

:yao: x infinity.

I understand what you were trying to see, but I'm not saying Short is a good owner/chairman just because he backs his managers. On the flipside, I don't understand why owners are criticised for backing their manager whilst putting their own money in. It's what they are supposed to do. Beyond that, they need good football people to advise them on who to appoint as manager, which players to invest in, et cetera. I don't think Ellis Short comes up with managerial appointments like O'Neill or Di Canio himself, or believes Jozy Altidore would make a good Premiership striker, he will be advised on these matters and writes the checks. By now he might want to consider finding some other people to advise him mind you, because they are costing him a fortune.. :lol:

Not sure about that one mate.

:lol: Took him long enough. Only a month ago he was saying he expects them to survive comfortably.

New manager bounce innit.

Lasted one match  :okay:

Tbf they beat City as well but again along with us they seem to do well against them recently regardless of the manager :lol:

Rest of the league seems the usual disaster though.

Funny thing is, a number on RTG seem to have convinced themselves that they are only 3 points behind the number they got from the same fixtures last season (replacing relegated teams by promoted ones), and providing they equal (or better) their other results it should be sufficient to survive on goal difference, again based on last season end of season Premiership table. What they collectively fail to realise is that this means they will have done better than average last season over the remaining fixtures, and they will need to replicate this kind of form (28 points from 23 fixtures) at a minimum for the rest of the season to even have a chance, and that is if 36 points would be enough this time around. The way they seem to see it is they have 9 "easy" home games left, so they will take maximum points from that and they only need a few more draws to be safe. Now, I don't know if they've looked at their performances or the table as it currently stands at all, but I wouldn't call any Premiership easy, especially if I was playing like them at the moment. A few more bad results and they are as good as gone.