Sunderland

Nobody

As previously admitted I went to the match today, findings being:

They're shite

Poyet likes anything other aimless punts from the back to point where they'll happily shoot themselves in the foot

Altidore is shite and was cheered off

Everyone fucks off before the end

They don't like patient football

Norwich are also shite

Fer is decent, wouldn't be averse to him joining us

Poyet was on the pitch for about 3 mins after the red card, utter bellend.

He fucking is, it's ridiculous.  He has one thread of a point and it doesn't matter what anyone else says, he's sticking to it aggressively.  This time it's that only 1 other team have escaped from the same situation (regardless of any context) and there's no arguing with him.  Massive, massive moron.

I'm the moron? I'm pointing out that other teams have had tough starts and have still went down even though the rest of the season has seen 'easier' matches for them. Regardless of how the fixtures work out it is very unlikely that a team with their points total at this stage of the season stays up. They may well have home matches against teams around them left but as I have pointed out they have lost the reverse of these fixtures which cancels out any results they may gain in the reverse at home. You have failed to acknowledge it Beating the likes of Palace, WBA, and Stoke at home means a bit less when you lose to them away which Sunderland already have done.

I've never said that they don't have a chance of staying up, I've just said that it is unlikely, something which the stats show, plenty of other members on here agree with, and even the majority of Sunderland fans accept this.

The fact that in your last few posts you have resorted to calling me a moron and have like others on here have insinuated that I have autism makes any argument you make void because of your childish attitude.

My argument ain't void, you haven't even tackled my argument because you're hugely, almost impressively thick.

Tackled your argument?

Say they beat the teams around them at home, all that will do is cancel out the reverse fixtures they have lost away. To gain enough points to stay up they would have to win something like 6 games and draw others. Currently they are not looking like they can see out a win, they are picking up needless suspensions, and plenty of their key players are not performing. It is unlikely in this form that they will gain the points needed, sure they can turn it around but it would require a massive turnaround. Sure they have had some tough home fixtures, but they have had easier away fixtures on paper and only gained 2 draws. They have picked up 80% of their points total through these 'tough' home fixtures, but their other 'easy' away games have been less successful (indicating that they are unmotivated playing against the 'easier' teams, even when it is deemed a must win by their own manager). Today they played a team expected to be around the relegation zone at home, by all accounts they were outplayed today and failed to pick up points off their relegation rival.

My argument ain't void, you haven't even tackled my argument because you're hugely, almost impressively thick.

Tackled your argument?

Shuō tāmen jíbài tāmen zhōuwéi de qiú duì zài zhǔchǎng, suǒyǒu jiàng yào zuò de shì qǔxiāole fǎn xiàng zhuāngzhì, tāmen yǐjīng shīqùle. Wèile huòdé zúgòu de jīfēn, áoyè, tāmen jiāng bìxū yíngdé xiàng 6 chǎng bǐsài, bìng xīyǐn biérén. Mùqián, tāmen zhèngzài xúnzhǎo bù yīyàng, tāmen kěyǐ kàn dàole shènglì, tāmen ná qǐ bù bìyào de xuánfú yè, hé dàliàng de tāmen de guānjiàn qiúyuán dōu méiyǒu zhíxíng. Zhè shì bù kěnéng yǐ zhè zhǒng xíngshì, tāmen jiāng huòdé suǒ xūyào de diǎn, quèbǎo tāmen kěyǐ bǎ tā zhōuwéi, dàn tā xūyào yīgè jùdà de zhuǎnbiàn. Dāngrán, tāmen yǒuguò yīxiē qiángyìng de jiājū dēngjù, dàn tāmen bùdé bù gēng róngyì zǒu zhǐ zhuāngzhì jí zhǐ huòdéle 2 píng. Tāmen fēnfēn ná qǐ 80%de diǎn de zǒng tōngguò zhèxiē “qiángyìng” jiā dēngjù, dàn tāmen de qítā “yì” kèchǎng bǐsài yīzhí bù tài chénggōng (zhè biǎomíng tāmen fǎnduì'róngyì'duì wúxīn wánshuǎ, shènzhì dāng tā bèi shì wéi yīgè Bìxū tōngguò zìjǐ de jīnglǐ yíng). Jīntiān, tāmen qǐ dào yùqí yuē zài jiālǐ jiàngjí qū, yóu tāmen bèi jíbàile jīntiān méi néng jiǎn diǎnle tāmen de bǎojí duìshǒu de suǒyǒu zhànghù yīgè tuánduì.

Exactly.

Today was their first home game of the season since the first that they could have been expected to win.  You still don't seem to recognise the difference between home form and away form, particularly for a struggling team, which is probably a bit worrying for you if you've been watching this stuff for a few years mate.

Today was their first home game of the season since the first that they could have been expected to win.  You still don't seem to recognise the difference between home form and away form, particularly for a struggling team, which is probably a bit worrying for you if you've been watching this stuff for a few years mate.

I do recognise it, all I'm saying is there is no indication as of yet that their home form will improve despite their run of 'easier' home fixtures coming up.

Today they have played a team that as you say they could be expected to win, they didn't, and by match reports they were also outplayed. During these 'easier' home fixtures they are playing matches thick and fast. If they were to get a replay in the FA Cup they could play something like 12 games in 40 days. Yes the home fixtures they had at the start of the season can said to be 'harder' but saying they have 'easier' home fixtures coming up isn't the full story, in such case you are failing to recognise that these game will start to become more difficult not just because of the quality of opposition but because of fixture congestion, fatigue setting in, others teams with their own ambitions and targets etc. All of these external factors make these 'easy' home fixtures just as difficult as the 'hard' ones they had at the start of the season.

I do recognise it, all I'm saying is there is no indication as of yet that their home form will improve despite their run of 'easier' home fixtures coming up.

Today they have played a team that as you say they could be expected to win, they didn't, and by match reports they were also outplayed. During these 'easier' home fixtures they are playing matches thick and fast. If they were to get a replay in the FA Cup they could play something like 12 games in 40 days. Yes the home fixtures they had at the start of the season can said to be 'harder' but saying they have 'easier' home fixtures coming up isn't the full story, in such case you are failing to recognise that these game will start to become more difficult not just because of the quality of opposition but because of fixture congestion, fatigue setting in, others teams with their own ambitions and targets etc. All of these external factors make these 'easy' home fixtures just as difficult as the 'hard' ones they had at the start of the season.

What do you think about what I said earlier on about NUFC potentially being bottom at Christmas in 12/13 if the fixtures had fallen the same way?

What do you think about what I said earlier on about NUFC potentially being bottom at Christmas in 12/13 if the fixtures had fallen the same way?

I'm not sure we would have gotten out of it. Like I said those 'easier' games would have become more difficult for other reasons, our run in form and spirits would have been even lower at this stage of the season than they were back then. I wouldn't have been confident in us being able to turn it around if that was the case.

These t***s are down like, no doubt about it.

Man, I'd love to think so, and it's looking increasingly likely, but I'm taking nowt for granted until Adele sings.

Gus looks forlorn, completely downbeat and he's only arrived a few weeks (and it's not even Christmas yet) and I just think the biggest problem they have (and they have a few) is there's just too many new players there and it's going to take a few months to really gel and learn each others game.

There isn't the time for that.

If they do make it, I'll be the first to congratulate them as it'll be a terrific achievement.

I just can't see it though.

I'm not sure we would have gotten out of it. Like I said those 'easier' games would have become more difficult for other reasons, our run in form and spirits would have been even lower at this stage of the season than they were back then. I wouldn't have been confident in us being able to turn it around if that was the case.

So the Premier League has fucked them with the fixture list in your opinion then, fair enough.

So the Premier League has fucked them with the fixture list in your opinion then, fair enough.

Not really. Spin the fixtures around and they would face the 'harder' teams at the end of the season instead, mix it up (like what mostly happens) and then you would probably see inconsistent form and then you ask yourself the question would that inconsistent form be enough to see them safe?