Sunderland

Nobody

I'm still far from convinced they'll go down.

me neither. It may be that we take more notice of them than we would if it were a Norwich or a Stoke being down there so give them a bit more credit when they aren't horrible.

i have a feeling they'll do something as well, but it's really got to get going pretty fucking soon you'd imagine

Well their last four games were clearly defined as "must win" by the manager and his lackeys but as they failed to do so. It's like a rolling agreement where the next one in turn becomes THE "must win" game.

They must win a "must win" game eventually. Mustn't they ?

Guest Haris Vuckic

''Our squad is fucking shite and needs a huge overhaul''

Maybe they should just go mad and sign 14 players or something.

Guest BenArfa10

''Our squad is f***ing s**** and needs a huge overhaul''

Their problem is that they are so desperate to be seen as big a club as Newcastle that they act out when things aren't going right and do irresponsible things just like signing 14 players in one summer. One of them says that 'it's not the fans that pump 40 yarders instead of passing back and keeping the ball''. Well I've watched Sunderland and whenever a ball does get played to the back four or goalkeeper in attempt to retain possession, what do the fans do? They start bewing and they get agitated. They think they should be scoring with every attack. It's a huge contrast to us. We are comfortable enough on the ball and patiently pass the ball and wait for chance to open up instead of forcing a piece of play. Mind you we do have better passers/retainers of the ball such as Anita, Cabaye Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Colo, Debuchy and Remy. They have Gardner, Colwank and top-scorer, Manckem mocking turtle Phil Bardsley. Their best retainer of the ball is Key

''Our squad is f***ing s**** and needs a huge overhaul''

Their problem is that they are so desperate to be seen as big a club as Newcastle that they act out when things aren't going right and do irresponsible things just like signing 14 players in one summer. One of them says that 'it's not the fans that pump 40 yarders instead of passing back and keeping the ball''. Well I've watched Sunderland and whenever a ball does get play to the back four or goalkeeper in attempt to retain possession, what do the fans do? They start bewing and they get agitated. They think they should be scoring with every attack. It's a huge contrast to us. We are comfortable enough on the ball and patiently pass the ball and wait for chance to open up instead of forcing a piece of play. Mind you we do have better passers/retainers of the ball such as Anita, Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Colo, Debuchy and Remy. They have Gardner, Colwank and top-scorer, Manckem mocking turtle Phil Bardsley. Their best retainer of the ball if Key

ya dead right. The games ive watched of them, the tension and desperation from the crowd ia clear on TV. Im pretty sure a lot of it is down to wanting to better us, rather than being thier best. shouldnt really say it tbh, as many of them in that thread are convinced otherwise.

So they are in exactly the same position as when Pooyet arrived. He's attempting to foist a new style of play on them, with players who can't play that way, and vainly sticking with it regardless of the risks involved. It's like part of their plan is to do opposition players judging by the number of horrendous tackles they've committed since he arrived (Larsson's unpunished assault probably being the worst) and their most senior player shows the type of indiscipline on the field you'd get angry with a 17 year old about. But it's not his fault of course.

He seems to be on a long honeymoon.

Guest BenArfa10

I am starting to suspect that Brown and other players are actually getting sent off on purpose so they don't have to face the scrutiny of fans and a rollocking of Poyet after every defeat. Just keeping their heads out of the firing line until they get the chance to leave it seems like. It's happened way too much since Poyet took over there

It was notable on Saturday that the defence/keeper, to the point of fucking things up and putting themselves under pressure, were reluctant just to boot it long to Dozy despite him being passable at holding it up. Unfortunately for them when they get it into the midfield, all bar Ki are utterly shite.

That's weird - they normally are over and done with by Xmas. Might bode well for some of my students who I've heard not back on yet. Which college?

I had it two weeks ago today. They don't tell you if your successful or not until the first week of January, Hughes Hall. In all honesty I think the interview was a disaster but that seems to be a recurring theme with people who go there.

The chances of me getting in and also getting the grades required are slim, but every dog has it's day and if I don't try I won't succeed.