Sunderland

Nobody

To be fair, there's plenty of posters on there who are saying that Newcastle is better. Not everyone is so small minded.

As for today, if we don't win we're as good as gone. Even a draw would be no good. I'm not confident simply because of our complete inability to beat any of the teams around us.

We also need Newcastle to win again, which is a situation we've been in too many times this season.

To be fair, there's plenty of posters on there who are saying that Newcastle is better. Not everyone is so small minded.

As for today, if we don't win we're as good as gone. Even a draw would be no good. I'm not confident simply because of our complete inability to beat any of the teams around us.

We also need Newcastle to win again, which is a situation we've been in too many times this season.

Got Sunderland, Newcastle, Swansea, Citeh & Everton FTW today. Probably your dream results. 18/1, worth a cheeky fiver.

Guest alijmitchell

There is nothing as boring as a which city is the best night out chat. Newcastle is a pretty horrific night out tbh, apart from a handful of places. Same as every city across the UK. If you're into clubbing, things can differentiate wildly and there are better cities, but for drinking, by and large most places have the same shit bars, crap drinks and awful music, regardless of location. Bah Humbug.

be interesting to see the reaction if things are starting to look a bit tough after 20mins. Your crowd come across as very quick on players backs , leading into a negative spiral.  Fun and Games........

There is nothing as boring as a which city is the best night out chat. Newcastle is a pretty horrific night out tbh, apart from a handful of places. Same as every city across the UK. If you're into clubbing, things can differentiate wildly and there are better cities, but for drinking, by and large most places have the same shit bars, crap drinks and awful music, regardless of location. Bah Humbug.

Not sure about that, even most mackems accept Newcastle is the better city don't they? I don't know of anyone who has gone to an away game at Sunderland and not stayed in Newcastle.

Plenty of very good bars around Central Station, enough to make Newcastle a better night out than most places.

Always fucks me off when people say they've visited Newcastle and spent their time in the fucking Bigg Market.

Guest alijmitchell

There is nothing as boring as a which city is the best night out chat. Newcastle is a pretty horrific night out tbh, apart from a handful of places. Same as every city across the UK. If you're into clubbing, things can differentiate wildly and there are better cities, but for drinking, by and large most places have the same s*** bars, crap drinks and awful music, regardless of location. Bah Humbug.

Not sure about that, even most mackems accept Newcastle is the better city don't they? I don't know of anyone who has gone to an away game at Sunderland and not stayed in Newcastle.

I'm agreeing that Newcastle is a better city, I just think nightlife debates are cack. What I see in Newcastle are a load of 'luxe' bars, social climbers, hipsters and depressing charvers. The Gate, Bigg Market, Pink Triangle, Quayside all pretty awful. Some decent pubs dotted around, but a weekend night out in Newcastle is mingin. Just my opinion. It's the same in other cities I have lived (Edinburgh, Glasgow), except in Glasgow, if you're into club nights, there is a great scene for techno heads.

There is nothing as boring as a which city is the best night out chat. Newcastle is a pretty horrific night out tbh, apart from a handful of places. Same as every city across the UK. If you're into clubbing, things can differentiate wildly and there are better cities, but for drinking, by and large most places have the same s*** bars, crap drinks and awful music, regardless of location. Bah Humbug.

I'm agreeing that Newcastle is a better city, I just think nightlife debates are cack. What I see in Newcastle are a load of 'luxe' bars, social climbers, hipsters and depressing charvers. The Gate, Bigg Market, Pink Triangle, Quayside all pretty awful. Some decent pubs dotted around, but a weekend night out in Newcastle is mingin. Just my opinion. It's the same in other cities I have lived (Edinburgh, Glasgow), except in Glasgow, if you're into club nights, there is a great scene for techno heads.

Think you've missed the point tbh.

Guest neesy111

I like drinking in some of the pubs down the Ouseburn like, maybe i'm just getting older?

Ouseburn is class.

I'm agreeing that Newcastle is a better city, I just think nightlife debates are cack. What I see in Newcastle are a load of 'luxe' bars, social climbers, hipsters and depressing charvers. The Gate, Bigg Market, Pink Triangle, Quayside all pretty awful.

Nah, Quayside's reinvented itself... ethnically cleansed all the w*nker bars out. Its all micro-brewerys, gastro pubs and craft beers now.

Guest alijmitchell

I'm agreeing that Newcastle is a better city, I just think nightlife debates are cack. What I see in Newcastle are a load of 'luxe' bars, social climbers, hipsters and depressing charvers. The Gate, Bigg Market, Pink Triangle, Quayside all pretty awful.

Nah, Quayside's reinvented itself... ethnically cleansed all the w*nker bars out. Its all micro-brewerys, gastro pubs and craft beers now.

Must try it out then!

Must try it out then!

Aye whatever. Get yourself to Brooklyn then. Or Glasgow . Or wherever the f*ck you've deemed acceptable.

Or alternatively, the Queen Alex in Shields have stopped hair-spraying all the flat surfaces in the bogs. Much more 'real'.

i agree with alijmitchell's wider point personally, think it's bollocks to start trying to distinguish massively between the likes of newcastle, manchester, birmingham, liverpool, leeds, sheffield and such

there's class nights out to be had in all the major cities, however when you take a step down i don't think the comparison holds - to compare a night in sunderland (topical) with a night in manchester, or a night in wakefield with a night in the toon for example just doesn't work for me