Sunderland

Nobody

Keith Downie ‏@SkySports_Keith 1m

Poyet tells @SkySportsNews: "it won't be a surprise to anyone if something happens between now & end of the season." (Regarding his future)

FFS :lol:

f***ing hell. :lol:

Bail out!

Don't blame him at all. Ok, some of his signings have been shit, but that's not even the main problem they have going on. The players are running the show and they couldn't give a fuck. They managed to get themselves up for the derbies and the cup games... from time to time they'll play a big team in the league and they'll look like they've got something about them, but on the whole it's obvious they just can't be arsed.

Di Canio said it. Poyet is now trying to wash his hands of the situation. They could hire any manager in the world and with those players on the books they'd still be down at the bottom. I don't like Poyet and I think he'll be shown to be an average manager at best. But I don't blame him for the mackems going down.

Don't blame him at all. Ok, some of his signings have been s***, but that's not even the main problem they have going on. The players are running the show and they couldn't give a f***. They managed to get themselves up for the derbies and the cup games... from time to time they'll play a big team in the league and they'll look like they've got something about them, but on the whole it's obvious they just can't be arsed.

Di Canio said it. Poyet is now trying to wash his hands of the situation. They could hire any manager in the world and with those players on the books they'd still be down at the bottom. I don't like Poyet and I think he'll be shown to be an average manager at best. But I don't blame him for the mackems going down.

:lol: it's his job to you know, stop them getting relegated. He's been awful. It's his fault, he's had absolutely ages.

:lol: if the players are bunch of fucking boozing halfwits who can't be fucked then what is any manager supposed to do? PDC tried to be a hardass about it. That failed. Poyet tried to be easy going and positive. That failed. The only way he was keeping them up is if he put on a pair a boots and played up front.

I can't understand why he hasn't taken to Sunderland. I know there was an EDL march down there a couple of weeks ago, but there was only a couple of "Argies OOT!" banners from what I heard.

I can't understand why he hasn't taken to Sunderland. I know there was an EDL march down there a couple of weeks ago, but there was only a couple of "Argies OOT!" banners from what I heard.

Not sure a Uruguyan would take exception to that anyway tbf.

:lol:

Don't blame him at all. Ok, some of his signings have been s***, but that's not even the main problem they have going on. The players are running the show and they couldn't give a f***. They managed to get themselves up for the derbies and the cup games... from time to time they'll play a big team in the league and they'll look like they've got something about them, but on the whole it's obvious they just can't be arsed.

:lol: it's his job to you know, stop them getting relegated. He's been awful. It's his fault, he's had absolutely ages.

:lol: if the players are bunch of f***ing boozing halfwits who can't be f***ed then what is any manager supposed to do? PDC tried to be a hardass about it. That failed. Poyet tried to be easy going and positive. That failed. The only way he was keeping them up is if he put on a pair a boots and played up front.

The core of this squad has managed to stay up (not by a huge margin I admit) in recent seasons. Bruce is having their cast offs comfortably midtable. Poyet is not without blame here, and he's the fucking captain of the ship jumping in the lifeboat at the first sign of an iceberg.

Who would they get if he did leave and they went down?

Mackay or Holloway would be my preference.

He's been pretty crap for Milwall though hasn't he? Mackay would be the sensible option but don't think he'd join you

He's been pretty crap for Milwall though hasn't he? Mackay would be the sensible option but don't think he'd join you

Hasn't he got them to within a shout of staying up when they looked written off?

Hasn't he got them to within a shout of staying up when they looked written off?

Wikipedia says

Lomas left with the club one place above that in 20th position and 4 points above the relegation places

So Holloway has done worse?

:lol: if the players are bunch of f***ing boozing halfwits who can't be f***ed then what is any manager supposed to do? PDC tried to be a hardass about it. That failed. Poyet tried to be easy going and positive. That failed. The only way he was keeping them up is if he put on a pair a boots and played up front.

The core of this squad has managed to stay up (not by a huge margin I admit) in recent seasons. Bruce is having their cast offs comfortably midtable. Poyet is not without blame here, and he's the fucking captain of the ship jumping in the lifeboat at the first sign of an iceberg.

Nah, it's not the first sign of an iceberg. The iceberg was in sight when he boarded. It's more like; "ok lads, iceberg ahead, let's change course. Lads. Lads, there's an iceberg. We're leaving this a bit late, lads. Iceberg. Iceberg dead ahead. Lads? Ok, fuck it, where's the lifeboat?"

That was the point :lol: