Sunderland

Nobody

Guest I-Was-There

Is Poyet going to be around to spend all that money on rebuilding the squad? He's only got a year left on the contract and he hasn't exactly committed himself to wearside.

I'd think so now that we have (almost) secured survival but it is a tad concerning that he appears to have avoided saying that he wants to/will stay.

Haven't seen many situations where a manager has run down their contract, except in the case of interim managers. Poyet will be hailed like a king for keeping them up, the same as others before him. But he could well be sacked before January if they don't get off to a good start next season, again like others before him.

Is Poyet going to be around to spend all that money on rebuilding the squad? He's only got a year left on the contract and he hasn't exactly committed himself to wearside.

I'd think so now that we have (almost) secured survival but it is a tad concerning that he appears to have avoided saying that he wants to/will stay.

Signing only a 2 year contract doesn't really suggest much commitment from either sunderland or Poyet. I don't think he'll be sunderland manager this time next year.

Guest I-Was-There

Signing only a 2 year contract doesn't really suggest much commitment from either sunderland or Poyet. I don't think he'll be sunderland manager this time next year.

I do, but I can see the logic behind people who think he won't time will tell. 100% believe Pardew won't be at Newcastle though, matter of time for him - once the crowd turns to such a large degree it's near impossible to survive.

Guest I-Was-There

Oh that avatar. I give you a week.

I'm a Sunderland fan mate. Was never likely to have a photo of Jackie Milburn, Mickey Quinn or Andreas Andersson

I do, but I can see the logic behind people who think he won't time will tell. 100% believe Pardew won't be at Newcastle though, matter of time for him - once the crowd turns to such a large degree it's near impossible to survive.

I agree, that ship has sailed. It would be very hard for him to come here after going to Sunderland. But I think he might have his eye on one or two other clubs.

Concerning/Great news. Same thing.

Guest I-Was-There

I agree, that ship has sailed. It would be very hard for him to come here after going to Sunderland. But I think he might have his eye on one or two other clubs.

TBH without getting in to the whole "big clubs" debate the only jobs worth leaving a Premier League Sunderland (which it look's like we'll be after the past weekend's results) are Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and possibly (depending on how you think, the next two clubs carry a lot of "baggage" atm) Newcastle and Villa.

Add Southampton to that because of how good a set-up and current squad they have currently.

As you say it's highly unlikely he'd ever be Newcastle manager after managing us now and he perhaps wouldn't see it as a good opportunity anyway given the carry on you lot have with ownership, fan protests, expectations etc.

Villa are a sideways step, would seem pointless.

All the others either don't need/want a new manager or wouldn't entertain Poyet at this stage IMO. Southampton if they lose their manager though may be the one temptation but I doubt that scenario will happen.

That's my rationale for him staying.

Guest bimpy474

Oh that avatar. I give you a week.

I'm a Sunderland fan mate. Was never likely to have a photo of Jackie Milburn, Mickey Quinn or Andreas Andersson

No but you chose a deliberately provocative picture.

New Mackem's avatar needs to be changed to:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2010/11/01/1225945/916960-kevin-nolan.jpg

Although having soon to be Newcastle player Jack Colback was an interesting choice.

Guest I-Was-There

And there's other countries of course

True although he seem's to have geared himself to be an English football manager with him serving his apprenticeship as a coach at Spurs and Leeds and then cutting his teeth in management at Brighton.

Guest I-Was-There

New Mackem's avatar needs to be changed to:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2010/11/01/1225945/916960-kevin-nolan.jpg

Although having soon to be Newcastle player Jack Colback was an interesting choice.

2010 :lol:

Colback will play for either Everton or Sunderland next season IMO

Guest antz1uk

sunderland fan in end of season registration on local rivals board.. after just about securing premier league status, enjoying a cup final and doing the double over aforementioned local rivals

smacks of complete WUM to me.. and far too many 'mate's' in posts already, something that wound the fuck out of me when i had to worked at nissan many moons ago.  patronising as fook...

Guest I-Was-There

sunderland fan in end of season registration on local rivals board.. after just about securing premier league status, enjoying a cup final and doing the double over aforementioned local rivals

smacks of complete WUM to me.. and far too many 'mate's' in posts already, something that wound the f*** out of me when i had to worked at nissan many moons ago.  patronising as fook...

The friendly b******s! :lol:

Guest antz1uk

smacks of complete WUM to me.. and far too many 'mate's' in posts already, something that wound the f*** out of me when i had to worked at nissan many moons ago.  patronising as fook...

cringeworthy desperate attempt to be everyones marra's actually

Guest I-Was-There

cringeworthy desperate attempt to be everyones marra's actually

Why the apostrophe? Are you on the banner committee?

Guest I-Was-There

I'm genuinely not here to WUM or be a twat btw lads, but I'm not going to take your craic without giving a little am I ;)

Guest antz1uk

marra's? was it a miss-use of an apostrophe? i have no idea, that word doesn't usually creep into my vocabulary.