Sunderland

Nobody

One of the best days of my life, that. Everything going on was awesome.

No it wasn't....it was sh*t ! A nightmare on Halloween.

Thankfully we've had a few good days against your lot since, which has helped erase those awful memories somewhat  :lol:

As for last night ? We didn't play particularly well but came away with what seemed like an easy 3 points.

I'll be surprised if Palace aren't relegated this season. I hope they are just to see the look on the faces of those 50 or so prepubescant 'Ultras' that bounce around in the corner every home game.

are these mackems (stray, hithere) the longest-serving we've had any floating about the forum without a breakdown?

We've never won a derby while they've been here though have we? That was what killed the mentally unstable mackem before them :lol:

are these mackems (stray, hithere) the longest-serving we've had any floating about the forum without a breakdown?

We've never won a derby while they've been here though have we? That was what killed the mentally unstable mackem before them :lol:

aye was thinking that yeah, that'll be the test, but these ones seem to be holding it together fairly well

fortunately for them we've still got pardew so i don't think it's going to be an issue for a while

Gonna be such a boring season.  Palace and Burnley down plus one other, us and the mackems scratching around in mid table doing nothing.

Bottom of the table might be pretty uneventful, but top should continue to be interesting.

Any predictions for the derby next month? Another 0-3 or is there any chance we will get a result?

:scared:

That means you are not confident then? Pardew is obviously shite at the derbies but he is streaky too. Would love another 5-1 but it could easily be 1-5.

Since our last defeat down there, we've ended the Man Utd & Man City jinxes so you never know.

Pardew's natural mentality doesn't work for Derbies. You can't go in scared, sitting back and hoping to nick a goal by a bit of magic. You have to be confident, take the game to Sunderland and let our natural superiority do the rest. Nothing will change.

Fairly sure you won one in my early days. May have been a draw...

Fairly sure you won one in my early days. May have been a draw...

Just looked it up. Haven't been here for a derby defeat. Long may it continue, can see it ending this season tbh. Last night we were shocking but somehow managed to win.

Fletcher stays fit he might score enough to keep us up.

Since our last defeat down there, we've ended the Man Utd & Man City jinxes so you never know.

Pardew's natural mentality doesn't work for Derbies. You can't go in scared, sitting back and hoping to nick a goal by a bit of magic. You have to be confident, take the game to Sunderland and let our natural superiority do the rest. Nothing will change.

:thup:

They've said before that the preparation for derbies is John Carver showing them old DVDs. Last time, people said "WU NEEDED MOAR PASHUNN!", which I thought was complete bollocks, and actually the main problem.

Anita and Santon both started charging round and kicking people from the first minute, which I've never seen them do before, making ridiculous tackles and ultimately giving away an early penalty. The mackems on the other hand did what we always used to - stayed calm, composed and passed it round us whilst we tried to kick shadows like Cattermole had in the 5-1.

"Form goes out the window in derbies" is one of the most misguided cliches in football. The team with the underdog mentality loses derbies far more often than your average game.

:thup:

They've said before that the preparation for derbies is John Carver showing them old DVDs. Last time, people said "WU NEEDED MOAR PASHUNN!", which I thought was complete bollocks, and actually the main problem.

Anita and Santon both started charging round and kicking people from the first minute, which I've never seen them do before, making ridiculous tackles and ultimately giving away an early penalty. The mackems on the other hand did what we always used to - stayed calm, composed and passed it round us whilst we tried to kick shadows like Cattermole had in the 5-1.

"Form goes out the window in derbies" is one of the most misguided cliches in football. The team with the underdog mentality loses derbies far more often than your average game.

I think it's also his desperation that will do us in. He'll hear about his 3 losses in a row and terrible derby record and want a win so he can do some fist pumping in front of the Gallowgate. In reality all the usual problems will just be exacerbated to the nth degree and I wouldn't be surprised if the next derby ends up being a 5 (or worse) nil defeat.