Sunderland

Nobody

I've changed my mind over the last few days, can see a not guilty verdict next week.

I just think there are too many holes and assumptions. I 100% believe the young girl like and think the texts he sent her are a clear indication that more than a kiss happened, but I don't know if it will be enough for the jury.

The defence lawyer is right, the police have made a right hash of this case in some places:-

- Why were SAFC not questioned on AJ's arrival time for the coach?

- Why were his teammates not bought to court to discuss his version of "speaking about age of consent" in the changing room?

- Why were SAFC not questioned on the reasoning for AJ continuing in his role at the club despite his admission?

Crucial points that could have completely thrown AJ's defence out.

I've changed my mind over the last few days, can see a not guilty verdict next week.

I just think there are too many holes and assumptions. I 100% believe the young girl like and think the texts he sent her are a clear indication that more than a kiss happened, but I don't know if it will be enough for the jury.

The defence lawyer is right, the police have made a right hash of this case in some places:-

- Why were his teammates not bought to court to discuss his version of "speaking about age of consent" in the changing room?

- Why were SAFC not questioned on the reasoning for AJ continuing in his role at the club despite his admission?

Sorry but what does the last one have to do with anything in terms of his guilt or innocence?

Sorry but what does the last one have to do with anything in terms of his guilt or innocence?

His version of events is that he was open and honest with the club, the club may come to court and say that he's lied to them all along and the first time they heard he was guilty was the first day of the trial when he pleaded.

All about his honesty and integrity.

Yip, I think he is 100 % guilty but enough inaccuracies and seeds of doubt have been planted.

I also cannot believe his car has not been picked up on a single cctv camera or ANPR camera between Castle Eden and Sunderland which I'd guess is a journey of about 20/25 miles at least.

Surely there is cctv at the stadium of light to show either him or his car arriving??

I was at a meeting in Sunderland this morning and there are warnings of cameras all along Wessington Way as you travel towards the Stadium of Light.

You'd think this would deter them from trying to take the imaginary high ground with the weird 'at least we have class' shite they made up, but it won't.

They're like Liverpool, only they achieve cringeworthy solidarity in their faux hatred of nonses instead of stadium tragedies. 

Their desire to be liked is fucking odd. One of the top threads on the SMB at the minute is about Colin Murray being nice about them.

Fucking stark raving ronsons the lot of them.

I also think that reasonable doubt is distinctly possible however, a 27 year old who has a history of cheating with other women is unlikely to text that someone felt turned on if there was only kissing. I also find it unlikely that you'd say that something wasn't too bad if it was only kissing. Most 15 year old have been kissing so the likelihood is that this was something more. If it was just kissing and he's texted those things then he's admitting that he knew that kissing was fundamentally wrong yet still went ahead with it and wanted more.

I'd love to know what directions the judge gave/ will give in summing up and whether a majority verdict will be accepted as that could be telling in what happens.

I can easily see the jury deciding there's enough doubt to acquit him. I haven't followed that closely but I haven't seen anything that proves he sexed her up.

because there isnt anything

Wouldn't be so sure. It seems like the reporting on certain aspects of the incidents that Johnson pleaded to not guilty on were rather scant, as if more was said in the courtroom than was released in the media.

Has there been any indication of what the 2 charges are that he is contesting? I've heard the ones he's pleaded guilty to but then just keeps saying "two other charges"

Two counts of sexual activity with a child.

I can easily see the jury deciding there's enough doubt to acquit him. I haven't followed that closely but I haven't seen anything that proves he sexed her up.

There's the girl's evidence that he did.

Texts before: 'Depends what you’re up for - a little bit more than kissing. A bit of feeling.' and after: 'it wasn't so bad', 'you felt turned on'.

His admission in giving evidence he intended to have sexual contact with her.

The only evidence against is his story that he had some sort of epiphany while his tongue was down her throat.

You don't need to have all the pieces to see the picture on the jigsaw puzzle.

OP saying he is going to talk about the characters of both the girl and Johnson, as well as the girl's untruths which he said have been "ignored" by the prosecution.

OP on the girl's small lies underoath: "This exhibits her swift ability, without blinking, to mislead you."

"She, underoath before you, has continued to tell you untruths."

OP reminding jurors that the girl tried to persuade her friends to lie. One has already admitted that she did lie, but others refused.

She asked her friends not to tell officers about alleged sex act she performed on Johnson and asked them to delete messages from their phones.

OP: "That is an illusion the girl was trying to achieve. Distortion. 'Hide what I said'."

Prosecution called Johnson a liar, now defence are calling her a liar. Whose lies to believe :lol:

Yep, "Whees lees are thees liese?"

Texts before: 'Depends what you’re up for - a little bit more than kissing. A bit of feeling.' and after: 'it wasn't so bad', 'you felt turned on'.

The only evidence against is his story that he had some sort of epiphany while his tongue was down her throat.

There's no proof though. To be sure "beyond reasonable doubt" you really need some proof.  Him saying he wanted more than kissing doesnt mean it happened.  I've said it before, I do think he is guilty of a feel of her but I wouldnt be 100%.  How high up a percentage would it need to be to qualify as beyond reasonable doubt?

There's no proof though. To be sure "beyond reasonable doubt" you really need some proof.  Him saying he wanted more than kissing doesnt mean it happened.  I've said it before, I do think he is guilty of a feel of her but I wouldnt be 100%.  How high up a percentage would it need to be to qualify as beyond reasonable doubt?

Steven Avery thinks Adam Johnson should walk as there's reasonable doubt he did it.