Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Think it's pretty clear Pardew wants Bent, but we're only gunna bid for him right at the end when Villa will accept a lowered fee. Fulham like all the other stupid clubs seek to do their deals early, so aye he'll no doubt end up there, quite soon.

He's definitely going to end up at Fulham. Jol loves him, and their new owner will push this through.

Fingers crossed.

See I thought this at first but it's getting to the point now where i'd take any half decent striker.

Given that when he moved here, Bent built himself a gigantic new house in Cambridgeshire (where he grew up, and where his family live), if I were to put money on where he'd want to go, it'd be somewhere as close as possible.

If it comes down to Fulham or your lot, I reckon he's more likely to choose Fulham in a straight choice.

I've just had the strange feeling I've already posted this.

I've had that feeling from the start. Bent has always seemed the type who needs to be close to home, and after his experience at Sunderland that will be even more the case. Shame really as Newcastle is like a different planet comparatively, but it's close enough that the stink still wafts over and lingers.

Sell Cisse and buy Bent. Pretty much cost neutral, not much in it age-wise, the manager openly wants Bent and it's probably as close to a like-for-like swap as we could get.

Staggeringly complicated.

Sell Cisse and buy Bent. Pretty much cost neutral, not much in it age-wise, the manager openly wants Bent and it's probably as close to a like-for-like swap as we could get.

Staggeringly complicated.

Well there are a few problems with that:

Firstly, Bent would probably have to take a pay cut to come here and even then his pay would be significantly higher than Cisse's if you believe the figures bandied about in the Mail.

Secondly, how badly does Bent want to come here ahead of other clubs based in the south?

Guest bimpy474

Has anyone actually seen Carlton Cole's Crystal Palace contract?

You dont tend to normally.

I insist.

Woo i like a decisive fellow.