Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

Almost like JFK and his fellow board members don't want to buy him...

We'd obviously prefer Gomis or Remy. This is just us keeping all the balls in the air for as long as possible IMO if we miss out on those two.

Guest bimpy474

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 2h

@tfeditor1892 Pardew would play him as No10 - he did it for him at Charlton. But, yes, ffc put 2nd bid in today, so NUFC playing catch-

up...

Really hope that is utter shit

I mentioned Pardew doing a while back if he signed Bent :(

Guest bimpy474

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes 2h

@tfeditor1892 Pardew would play him as No10 - he did it for him at Charlton. But, yes, ffc put 2nd bid in today, so NUFC playing catch-

up...

Really hope that is utter s***

I mentioned Pardew doing a while back if he signed Bent :(

It strikes me as the sort of shit he would pull. I'm really really hoping that its not the case though.

I said it before that Pardew playing Bent as a number 10 would mean direct stuff, i can't see how you could play through him, he's never a play making number 10 that's for sure. It's a tactic of flick on's etc. Just a horrible thought.

I don't really understand the logic in this latest development. It seems to me we've only really moved on this now that Fulham have increased their bid to closer to £6m if you believe Caulkin. Fine if he is the player we really want, but if we want Gomis, wouldn't it make more sense just to pay the extra and sign him instead?

Guest bimpy474

Flick ons from whom? As stupid as Pardew is, signing Bent would surely help us move away from that type of rubbish.

While what you put makes sense, just think about who our manager is. Shola RW, Cisse RW, hoofball to Cisse etc. Is it so far fetched ?.